Season start tips and tricks

I’m more worried about the petrified scream. But i’ll take my chances

Yeah… Hopefully they tweek it a bit upwards before launch

Another example of how great this whole thing is set up. Here’s an item we usually don’t care about until later on, and they put it right at that nexus spot. One place down and you’d have more time to get it, but where it is at turns this whole cache decision into a gamble.

Bottom line is on day one i’ll level with some friends and at least one will open the cache making it worth it for me to save it. Other than that i hope i’ll get lucky with the RoRG, Scream and Ramaladni’s.

Not on console. Nothing in season can be traded.

[edit]

Assuming couch co-op. I don’t know about multiplayer otherwise since I refuse to do it.

1 Like

Didnt know that. It;s usually very late in the season, once im done with europe and americas that i start on xbox

Yeah, for example, when my lady and I both play the same class I might get some item she really needs. So, I throw it down on the ground immediately. She picks it up. It goes into my inventory because it was dropped as mine and remains mine.

It can be traded in non-season, just not in season.

We just get used to seeing the other get what we wanted/needed and not being able to do anything about it. It sucks hard though for things like RoRGs.

This whole season is very anti-console. The very first node of “double massacre bonuses” is a huge detriment to console players, because in order to do the same damage as PC players, they are required to have NG globes. But after a 300 streak, they need to purposely drop their massacre bonuses, or they do half damage. And by doubling massacre bonus time, that makes it harder.

Plus, as DeadlyMouse stated, they can’t trade.

Then, Massacre Bonuses don’t work the same on the console. Unlike the PC, its not multiplied by difficulty. This itself makes them worthless for leveling. (And people on the PC who choose to Rift won’t benefit from the first node either).

Then, there’s the blood shard donation. Sounds simple, until you realize that on the console, if blood shards on the ground exceed your carrying capacity, unlike the PC which picks them up, and leaves the remaining on the ground, on the console, you don’t pick any of them up. (For example, if you have 700 shards with a capacity of 1100 shards, and 401 shards drop, you first need to spend 25 bloodshards before you can pick up the 401 blood shards). This means that they need to clear 3 Greater Rifts higher than the PC version to guarantee they can spend enough blood shards to pick up the blood shards and reach the cap. The reality is, to get X amount of shards on the console basically means they need to clear the equivalent of what would be 8 GR levels higher on the PC version.

You put the panties on your head. When you go outside, just tell people that you play D3 and they will understand.

1 Like

Correct me if i’m wrong but don’t cooldowns reset once you level on console? does the potion reset as well?

They do. But that’s mostly useful for the early leveling process.

The issue with the NG globes isn’t 1-70 or even the early paragons. It’s when you’re pushing the higher GRs, and not gaining levels every 30 seconds.

So, the first node isn’t really great in consoles, because Massacre Bonuses just aren’t the way to level. And it severely hurts you post 70.

Not if your potion resets every paragon point and you pop that baby all the time, thats going to be insanely OP. Also even if you stop kill streak early, it’s still an advantage over PC where you dont have kill streaks at all in rifts.

You’re not popping it off all the time. Once you get to Paragon 600 or so, you’re probably only going to be able to use it on a level up once or twice a Greater Rift. So, this will save you at most 30-60 seconds.

The problem with the console though, is that you have to purposely stop your kill streak consistently throughout a Greater Rift, otherwise you’ll do half damage. And your kill streaks are shared by the entire party, not per individual. So you have to have your entire team stop attacking for 10 seconds with the double buff.

Also, Massacre Bonuses give almost no XP. You’re playing a T16 rift or a GR150 GR, you’re still getting Normal Experience. That 300 kill streak (4x multiplier) might only give you 4 million XP total, when each level takes billions of XP.

got it, my console epxerience is very limited and i;ve never played in a party. Hopefully they’l have solutions for it

The consoles have had numerous such problems for years that they’ve done nothing about. Doesn’t incite optimism that they’ll be fixed now.

But anyway, a demonstration I made a while back.

Both playing in the same zone. I avoided elites. No +XP gear on either of them. Both playing T6 with enemies snapshot to 1, thus, only massacre bonus XP would be applied. Both are at level 9, roughly 20% of the XP in.

Console gets 125 kills at a 3x multiplier and levels up to 10.
PC gets 81 kills at a 2.5x multiplier and levels up to 14.

This is an issue with many level up tips, because I’ve talked with many a console player who follow the PC guides, and they wonder why it takes them 5+ hours to hit 70 where the PC players are doing it in under 2. And there are going to be a lot of PC players who rift to level up, and the first node isn’t going to help them either.

since it’s easier to maintain streaks, a lot of us are gonna level tru bounties. We get gold mats dbs even before we get to 70. Very useful especially if we dont open the cache!

Aren’t the contents locked when you complete the act’s bounties? It won’t do any good to hold them. What I’ve done in the past, if I want all bounties to be lvl70, is to leave one quest open in each act, down to a kill or 2. Level to 70 and then finalize the bounties.

I’m not sure i understand the question but no, if you complete 5 bounties at a lower level you get a bounty cache. The rewards like number of mats dropping are corelated to the difficulty you’re doing them on, not the level of your character. So if you have lvl 70 items equiped at lvl 30, you can do a tier 3 bounty in act one and get 2 dbs, roughly 100k gold and mats

Yeah, the leveling process to 70 will be bounties a plenty. Of course the early paragons will be via bounties too, especially act 1 for that damn ring.