Season start tips and tricks

You’re right on the mats. I thought you were keeping them for lvl70 items. I generally save them so I can get the gem recipes which drop with lvl70 caches. Sometimes I’m a little short on money to buy them from squirt so bounty caches make it easy to complete that part of the journey.

You probably won’t have to worry about running too many bounties anyway. I tested a DH lvl1 (with 5 pcs of lvl70 gear) on the live server and just running to the cube got me to lvl48 and that’s without the additional kill streak bonus 5 bounties might put you up to 70.

that’s the plan, get to 18, unlock no lvl req, do bounties on as high as possible difficulty as well as doing journey objectives.

1 Like

Just to get back on topic and add another tip.

For SSF HC players (or actually HC players in general) who aren’t using their Challenge Cache, and don’t mind cheesing their way.

Start in SC. Yes, SC. Race to 70 in SC, where you don’t have to worry about dying. Then, complete all items in the first 4 Chapters, but leave one item left locked in either Chapter 1 or 2. The reason here, is that if you complete Chapter 2 in SC, the Haedrig’s Gift items will be forever locked in SC. But if you leave something like transmogging and item (Chapter 2), and complete the rest of the requirements, when you start an HC character, and complete the transmog for Chapter 2, all the items will then get delivered on your Hardcore Character.

At that point, just level up to 18 to unlock the Remove Level Requirement, and equip your 6 piece. Tear through a Torment 1 bounty to get a Death Breath to be able to fully unlock the blacksmith, and just get some good items, and you’ll speed through the leveling process in Hardcore.

2 Likes

I’ll bet you are the only SSF player that feels that way.

When Leviation and Rax go SSF they always use the Challange Rift Cache because it has been part of the ‘normal’ game for almost 6 years or so.

About saving your Cache at Season start is all about finishing your Altar as quick as possible once you hit 70.

After hitting 70 you will reach an Altar node that asks for a Cache so use it then instead of waiting for Monday afternoon to get your next Cache.

I intend to go fully SSF on HC later in the season, no haedrig, no challenge rift cache, no party. Still would be easier than other seasons due to the first two nodes. But thats a personal choice, i dont blame anyone for using it , its pretty tedious to level up . I just enjoy it.

1 Like

Good luck with that tough HC SSF later on.

I am sure you derive great joy in following this filter, and the minor suffering we all go through farming for better gear.

Not many follow this so know we are all with you in spirit.

Cannot really say for sure.

No, we are not.

This can also be an interesting way. (HC friendly)

2 Likes

Thankyou Indian for this Raxx S28 start video.

Best Raxx Season start i’ve ever seen!

2 Likes

[Raxx’s S28 Leveling guide](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJP0vQMWGsDOk8_zizyX9W7GIe-UZ1Q96exuPOtNpWo/htmlview?usp=sharing)
Leveling Guide for All Classes in Season 28

1. Do the Challenge Rift AFTER the Season Starts.

2. Make a Necro (regardless of what class you want to make), trust me.

3. Create the game on Master (if you’re very unsure of your Necro skills, instead create it on Hard, but Necros are GODS, believe me).

4. Take the followers weapons, equip the Javelin, throw away your starting weapon.

5. Buy the best weapon and all the armor from the Act 1 Vendor.

6. Salvage the whites.

7. Craft the following:

• a. The level 5 blue Axe

• b. The level 10 blue Dagger

• c. The level 15 yellow 2H Sword

• d. The level 19 yellow 2H Sword

• e. All blue armor pieces equippable closest, without going over, level 10

1. Walk to the Altar in the middle of Town in Act 1 and unlock the first Node.

2. Port to the Ruins of Secheron in Act 3.

3. Do your best Massacre on floor 1 as you walk to the second floor. The higher the Massacre, the better.

4. Equip your Axe at level 5 from your inventory, preferably without dropping your Massacre.

5. When you reach floor 2, let your kill streak drop and put runes on Bone Spikes, Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion. Take the Fueled by Death Passive.

6. Do your absolute best Massacre with Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion. The goal is to be 18 by the time you get the cube.

7. Equip the 15 yellow 2H Sword from your inventory, preferably without dropping your Massacre.

8. If you’re not 18 after grabbing the cube, make a new game on Hard or Master and go to Temple of the Firstborn until you are.

9. Once 18, make a new game on Normal, put Golem - Flesh Golem on your bars, and remake the game until you get one of the following bounties:

• a. Act 1: Kill Skeleton King

• b. Act 2: Kill Zultan Kuule

• c. Act 2: Kill Magdha

• d. Act 3: Kill Ghom

• e. Act 3: Kill Azmodan

1. Once you get one of them, walk forward, kill them, and open the bounty chest.

HINT: When the boss spawns, throw your golem on him to make corpses. Then use Corpse Explosion and boom, they’re dead.

1. Repeat doing these bounties until you have 2 Diamonds, upgrade them at the jeweler, then go to the Act 1 Altar in Town and unlock the “Items have no level requirement” Node.

2. Leave game and create whatever class you actually wanted to make.

3. Make a new game on T6. You will play on this difficulty either the entire way, or you’ll drop it down for 61-70.

4. Gamble your bloodshards and upgrade your weapon per the following table:

Class Gamble Craft → Upgrade

Barb Bracers → Helm
2H Mighty Weapon

Crus Shield → Bracers 1H Flail

DH Bracers → Helm 1H Dagger

Monk Boots → Helm 2H Daibo

Necro Gloves → Helm 2H Scythe

Witch Doctor Helm → Ring 1H Spear

Wizard Helm → Ring 1H Wand

1. Cube either your best power, or something useful like a Leoric’s Crown using Recipe 1. Make sure to activate the power.

2. Level up the Blacksmith and craft your character a full set of 70 yellows

• a. You may need to convert 100 reusable parts into 100 vieled crystals using Recipe 7
  • b. Don’t forget to also craft a quiver
  • c. Don’t craft anything that you have to wear (something useful you gambled that isn’t cubed).

d. Once you’ve crafted 1 of everything, go to the mystic and reroll all your gear so it all has main stat + vitality on every piece

1. Do not worry about your jewelry, we will solve that at level 61.

2. Now the fun begins. Start murdering T6 on your JUGGERNAUT character in Temple of the Firstborn (or whereever really).

3. Here are some good skills to use:

Class Skills

Barb Seismic Slam

Crus Fist of the Heavens

DH
Twin Chakram → Whatever your cubed power is (Fan of Knives or Impale)

Monk
Mystic Ally Water Ally (if you have the boots), Wave of Light if you don’t.

Necro
Death Nova + Corpse Explosion

Witch Doctor
Haunt + Locust Swarm + Pets

Wizard Disintegrate + Hydra

At level 61 or higher, check the vendors that end in the “the Fence”. There’s 1 in every Act. Buy jewelry that either gives you main stat or Vitality.

Turn the difficulty down from T6 from 61-70 if needed. You should just be effortlessly plowing. T1 will be a joke.

Congratulations on your fastest leveling experience ever in Diablo 3!

copy pasta’d to save for s28 start

4 Likes

That method is sick, just watched his movie about it… it’s faster to level a necro to 18 (to unlock the altar) then level “your real character” from 1-70 doing massacre bonus, saves you alot of time and you get to play Necro (uugh) abit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For the first 40 or so levels (which go very quickly, a few minutes), Wave of Force is actually better. And it gets put on your bar automatically, so you don’t have to stop to change skills. You just run by enemies and one-shot entire packs with Wave of Force. Once things start to slow down at 50+, that’s when Disintegrate really starts to shine.

3 Likes

Nice ty for this, its not my list obviously but great the information is out there for others. :smiley:

Maybe, maybe not. Either way it doesn’t affect me one iota; I play the way I enjoy playing.

I like both of those guys, but lets be real, Raxx is only interested in blasting, and where he ranks on the leader boards. He doesn’t really care about anything that doesn’t help him be more efficient. He readily admits, that in every game he plays he would be happy to not have any lore, quests, etc. How he does things is not how I like doing things.

Anyway, who cares. I will still achieve my goals, probably months before seasons end.

3 Likes

I mean very often is a real exaggeration. Even the real horrible ones which are very rare aren’t impossible to do if you just watch a guide.

I am not anything specially good in this game and I have never taken more than a handful of tries if I watched a guide. And that was ages ago when I watched them before completing it instead of afterwards like now.

I know everyone isn’t equally good at this game but I mean if you can’t finish even a harder than average challenge rift are you really going to even be worried about node 15 by that time? Someone who can’t do that is going to likely also not have either a Ramaladni’s or Petrified Scream.

So it is pretty much holding out for in case you get that very rare level of tough rift which doesn’t make sense to me.

season 27’s EU first challenge rift was a nightmare, good thing they listened to feedback and changed it. Hoping for a better one this time around tho im sure the tradition will go on and EU’s gonna be dogpoo compared to US one.

2 Likes

I thought it was something like 26 or 25 when that happened, but then again 27 started so long ago.

The only one I found hard was I think 22’s season start one. The absolutely horrific LoD Barb that was not only badly geared but used Frenzy and WW. O and Stone Gauntlets without CC immunity. Was such great fun to spin around at crawling speed, and no charge to get around with as far as I remember. But even that was mostly just frustrating.

The EU new challenge rift on tuesday 23rd of august (wizard who dies plenty of times) was so hard that Raxx made a video and wrote to Blizzard fearing a lot of casuals would not be able to complete this challenge for the start of season 27 (26th of august).
So blizzard changed it and made it actually easier but trolled us… with a sorceress wearing stone gauntlets ^^. That wizard couldnt die, but it took longer time to complete it. ; )

And they say AAA companies don’t have a sense of humor.

The reason i remembered it is cuz Pez replied to my thread back then.