Season Journey and Achievement Bug [Solution]

Actually, it was server datas that were buggy, as even after removing cache files or even a fresh install on a different computer did not help.
One more thing, I’ve also completed new achievements since the screen was bugged, it did not help neither.
It was only one of the previously completed objective datas that were corrupted on server side. And then when re-completing this objective, the client pushed this fresh datas and erased corrupted ones on server side.
IMHO, it’s the only scenario that explains all the symptoms I faced.

1 Like

We know that the achievement/journey update may be delayed (could be days! not kidding).
But, we think that the achievements on the server are not affected. Just it can’t be updated to client. Reference:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/things-that-are-not-bugs/62

Q1: did you complete the “new” achievements before or after you tried the methods in this topic?
Q2: When you re-completed the objective, did the achievement notification pop up again? Which objective?

As I said above, the update of achievements might be delayed. It might not be a data corruption at server side. Could be the server has problem to synchronize the data to the client. That’s why “Method 3 - Run as Admin” and “Method 4 - Firewall” are the solutions.

Also, I tried to avoid “bug” in this topic because the causes means to be “corrupted data at client side” or “network problem”. They belong to technical problems.

The whole issue remains a mystery to us (or even to supports). Only developers can tell why it happens.

Q1 : I’ve completed few ones after I tried the methods (100% sure). Achievement notification correctly poped up, but season journey screen was still blank.
I may also have completed some ones before the method, but can’t be affirmative as it was few days ago.
Q2 : Yes, the achievement notification poped up again (and I’m sure it poped up also the very first time). The objective was “Complete a Set Dungeon” and/or “Master a Set Dungeon”, as I think I’ve completed both simultaneously.

I do not believe it could be a simple delay in the update of achievements, for this particular case.

Please also note that I’ve posted a support request ticket on the EU site, and after few days telling me that I should follow methods described in this current thread, I just had an interesting answer this morning.
I can’t link you the answer of the game master as it is inside my ticket (and in french language), but he said me that (I’ve just ‘google trad’ it) :
Thanks to all the reports we received, the developers ended up confirming that for some players the problem was indeed related to a bug in game.

They have not yet managed to reproduce the situation that created the bug at the origin but they are working in all cases to correct this

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I’m sure those who are experiencing this issue appreciate it.  

Thanks for the update. This is the first official reply on this subject for so many years.

@Maskraider : could you please share this workaround on the original post ?
It has also worked for another player today :

Done. :ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

Method 2 worked fine for me. Thanks!

Update: Remove some broken links due to retirement of old forum.

Well, I’ve tried all of these steps. none have worked. I’ve also completed a plethora of achievements to try to “trigger” the thing to work with no avail. I am certainly beginning to feel a bit stupid for purchasing stock in this company back in 2010, although prices have gone up, i may as well pull out all the shares being there is literally no way in speaking with anyone about an issue. I’ve tried to call, -visit the website. OK, so do that - submit a ticket… how, it has nothing but topics to choose from and no way to submit. OK, how about an email… Nah, of course not. Visit the forums. 10 year old forums. Thousands upon thousands of threads to go through. How about a Necro. Thats what they looking for with this dusty a$$ support system

Not only the bug keeps on there, I’ve also completed the season and lost the rewards of the last two steps (I have a screenshot of the moment I completed the last step to prove it)

I’m having the same issue and none of the available options worked. Custom service asked to go to forum, and I’ve opened a new topic, but it was also referred to this one… we need some help!

I can’t find a solution, my season journey went blank! Does anyone have the same still? =*

It just happend to me too.
Tried the set portal and then I saw it, dont know if it wasnt there before anymore, but dont think so.
the gem leveling it always showed to me.
but now that i made the basic set portal i cant see anything anymore, no achievements and no season journey.
I did not try all the things mentioned above with the several steps because I just got the issue and opened a new topic and then got linked to here.

Try the steps, especially Method 2 which works for most of the cases but not all.
If one method doesn’t work, try the others, and don’t forget to read the Extra Remark section if all methods don’t work.

1 Like

wow!

just tried step 1 - switching region.
even there I did not get any season journey info although I created a 1st new char.

back to europe, no season button as well.

step 2 - deleting the battle.net and blizzard entertainment folder.

1. battle.net folder in programdata did not help
  2. blizzard entertainment folder in programdata did the thing!

I have back my season journey and got the set portal achievement in Slayer level (did only the basic, failed to master it).

thanks! that helped.

1 Like

Glad you fixed it. :grinning:

In our case (my dad and me), we can fix it by deleting the blizzard entertainment folder in ProgramData but we keep getting this issue over and over. I have determined that it happens every time we switch Windows user accounts since we are using the same computer (as mine went kaput).

Say, I log into my Windows account and play Diablo, season journey and achievements show as expected, then I log out and my Dad logs into his Windows account and plays Diablo, season journey and achievements don’t show up.

So, he deletes de blizzard entertainment folder and his SJ & A shows again, but now next time I log into my Windows account and play Diablo, the SJ & A don’t show up. Rinse and repeat.

If we play Diablo logged in the same Windows account (different Blizzard accounts, of course) the SJ & A don’t get mucked up, it’s only when we switch our Windows users. It is pretty annoying having to delete this folder every time we switch Windows users just to be able to see the achievements and season journey, the game should be able to make this feature work for players that share a computer.

1 Like

@Fenix
Had a similar case before. I think it is caused by file permission denied. i.e. cache/temp files created by one user can’t be overwritten by the other user.

I’d suggest to try “Method 3: Run As Administrator Role” first.
If it doesn’t work, consider to create a batch file to delete cache folders/files (as administrator).

@Maskraider I had the same thought because when I had to delete the folder created with my dad’s Windows user, I had to elevate the request to administrator. I don’t like to have to set a program to run as administrator as a rule though, so I found another solution; I went to the properties of the Blizzard Entertainment cache folder and, under Security, I granted full permission to my Windows user.

Now our problem with the Achievements/Journey seems to be solved for good.