Season effects made me quit playing

Me and my friends stopped playing.
Season effects is making everyone crazy and on edge.
Very spammy.

25 Likes

Agreed the constant loud/long sound and rapid lighting shifts actually set off my anxiety and that’s before getting into mechanics considerations like set dungeons – I normally enjoy the in-game sound and art so sucks to feel the need to disable or lower to play.

7 Likes

The season “buff” was not the only component of my decision to stop playing this season, but it was a significant factor. No “buff” should cause more harm than good.

Now…you can talk all day about balance, power level, group advantage, etc, etc, but I challenge any player to argue with me on this point: Taking away a player’s ability to see is not a “buff”. It is a crippling disadvantage.

Those who have managed to cope with it are exploiting asynchronous rotation to achieve advantage, so I don’t count them. Probably all bots anyway, and we know they don’t need to see the screen.

Great job, Blizzard. I know you try to top yourselves every season. Well…you nailed it.

8 Likes

You would think someone in the development department would know about all the problems that were caused watching anime a few years ago. I have had to resort to meds, because of the anxiety it is causing.

2 Likes

Came here to post this same thing. The buff is negligible at best imo anyway, and the amount of visual noise is an actual hindrance to gameplay. At the very least there should be a toggle to remove the crazy effects that hide the floor.

4 Likes

Who’s still playing D3 with sound these days? LOL.

Play some music.

Put me in the “I quit” pile also. Just can’t do it. I keep checking the forums, hoping there will be some news about a change but I don’t think anyone is out there. (Hello, hello…is there anybody in there?)

6 Likes

I do. There’s just something satisfying about knocking demon heads when Sabaton’s “Resist and Bite” comes blasting through the speakers.

1 Like

My brother and I have been playing regularly (his first campaign play through) until the new season started and we both pretty much decided to stop playing as well. The effects pretty much destroy any sense of story or immersion. You can’t even see the floor through the effect visuals or hear the voice dialogue through the noise.

3 Likes

Some of the seasonal buffs do make it hard to see the map (ex: fire breath), but I actually like some of the sound effects. It gives it a bit of diablo feeling where things are scary. I miss that from D1.

Also, the seasonal buff is actually really powerful if you know how to use it.

Seasonal effects are giving me a major headache. Please add option to turn them off.

2 Likes

Yep, already quit the season.

Join me in some non season! :blush:

i played for 5 levels and i don’t care about the pet or the other thing and i already have all the stash space. no big loss. deleted the character and made her non-seasonal

They give me headaches, so I can’t play for as long a session as I normally would be able to.

Honestly I feel like an intern created it. Why have something that stops you from seeing if you are standing in damage, seeing what’s going on in the screen and changes the screen light/dark so much it kills your eyes?

I am not going to quit yet but I play a lot less than I normally would. Why was s20 so good and this is so rubbish? I’d rather have double goblins.

Visually I don’t have a problem with the theme, not more than I did in s19. But I saw some screenshots yesterday that looked quite unbearable, no sight of surroundings, so I’m guessing it relies on the graphic card. Might be an incomoatibility with new cards, as mine is years old and not especially good.

This season theme is so bad, the darn thing did not even go off. I even checked to see if it was the fire wave, but there was only on mob on the screen, a yellow, and there was nothing anywhere. What is this crap?

I don’t think it has anything to do with compatibility; the visual effects simply interact extremely poorly with certain ambient lighting conditions. For instance, the darkening of the screen is a major annoyance most of the time, but there are situations where it simply makes the game unplayable. Here’s an example where my screen remained black until the stupid snowball went away.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mHuITPEszff5bOs9Zv0McYcA

At this point, unless you’re using the seasonal effects to exploit your way to Greater Rift 150, I consider them a persistent debuff.

Yes you can…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0mHuITPEszff5bOs9Zv0McYcA
1 Like

I like the effects themselves [the poison meteors, firebreath thing, rolling wall of fire, etc]…

But my screen dimming to practically all black making it impossible to see, suddenly brightening to painful levels, or being blurred out because of snow? Nope. Get it out of my game, please.