Season 32 pick a class, tough decision

Is anyone else trying to decide which class to pick for season 32. Tough choice between Demon Hunter and Necro. Necro has a great start with a great gift whereas Demon Hunter has that amazing Buriza bow.

If I played s32 it would be with a Monk, but I already have the season rewards so no s32 for me.

DH or Necro?

Both. Gonna start with DH for farming, Altar unlocks and some GR’s, then switch and push Necro, maybe switch back to DH for the same, and that will be it for another season.

1 Like

I don’t see a reason to not go for both. Unless you’re after a challenge, I never quite understood the desire to stick with only one character.

Start with a Necro to 70 (especially if you’re saving the cache), get Trag’s, and then level up a DH to 70, and gamble blood shards with them to get them up and running.

I also have no idea. I know I am not going to play Barb since I played one in season 30 (I didn’t play 31) and I don’t like playing a class two seasons in a row. But I also played Necro in 28 which is basically the season just before because I didn’t play much of 29 so I would likely not want to play that either. I think I will decide based on the ethereals

I know I am going to have a DH at some point for the XP farming though.

For me it is a time thing. I generally only play like 150-200 hours per season so I rather focus on just the one. I’ve tried doing more but always end up neglecting the 2nd or 3rd one. Well in terms of going for a push that is, since season 25 I started playing one of the top XP builds at around 75ish hours and splitting my keys between that and my main character. I don’t mind not playing with the best build out there but when there is one that can do like 10-20 levels higher in 3 minutes it just makes sense for me to include that when it comes to the grind phase of the game.

I remember Goldfarmer saying that he has little time to invest in the game (in his thread where he praised the Echoing Fury).

1 Like

Same thing for me, though it is dh and Wizard

1 Like

If I had more time to play S32 I’d probably have considered going WD… I haven’t played the reworked Arachyr so getting it as a starting set would help solve that, and I’d be able to rebuild my HC WD in SC.

But I’m bogged down with the handover and landscaping for a new house so I’ll play Wiz… at the very least, I can change the name of my LoD Wizard.

I’ll play WD the next Ethereals season.

I intend to go DH and I’ll probably split my time between GoD and Natalya’s. If I recall correctly getting Ethereals with the right powers wasn’t exactly easy and they had damage ranges. So you could wind up with an Ethereal with the right powers and Passive but it’s damage range would on the lower end.

I got lucky in Season 24 and got a Buriza with the right power, Passive and higher end base damage pretty early but there were folks in my clan that weren’t as lucky. And if I do try to split my time between Nat’s and GoD I will be hunting for two different Ethereals.

On the other hand, I only need 1227 paragon this season to have 5000 non season paragon at end of season rollover, so if I do have problem getting a good Ethereal and the hunt gets too frustrating, I could quit the season at any point after reach paragon 1227 and call it a good season.

I will try though to get GR 150 with Nat’s if the luck with an Ethereal Doomslinger lands in my favor.

Waiting for a YT video of someone saying that X build will smash 150 sub 2k paragon, then I might consider playing the season!

This is not how it works. Per level, you will need more xp to gain another level. So you cannot translate from having 3773 to 5000 you will need more than the 1227 cause of how it’s calculated. Unless you have calculated how paragon points work

Necro / wiz should be able to do this

1 Like

Look at his profile. He’s got 4980 gons :grin:

1 Like

After their 1074 are combined from Season they’ll have 4991.

So, they should need ~1030 in Season 32 to hit 5000 non-Season.

2 Likes

Really good candidates for that:
Wiz Meteor (LoD/Rasha)
Natalya DH
Frenzy Barb
Nova still strong
PoJ Tempest Rush

Only WD will need more paragons (most likely)

Didn’t the season already end?

I’m pretty sure it and the Season Paragon took my non-season paragon to 4979 two sections from 4980 (it translated to 11 paragon added to my non season paragon). I ran a GR 140 in non season to get completely to 4980.

But if the season hasn’t ended, then yeah, I’ll need just slightly less than the 1227.

1 Like

Yes. Season 31 has ended. But, I can only see what you have from your Armory Profile. And that currently shows your:

non-Season Paragon 4980
Season Paragon 1074
Total Paragon 4991

Your non-Season Crusader:

Your Season 31 Demon Hunter (not yet converted on the web Profile):

Using Maxroll’s Paragon Calculator, you will need a minimum of 1030 Paragon Points in Season 32 to reach 5000 calculated Paragon Points in non-Season.

5K and KillerProc will dominate non season :muscle:

Web profiles don’t seem to have added up the exp from season yet.

1 Like

Did some preparations, cleared some space in the stash to store gear from the characters I’ll rebirth.

As mentioned in the other thread, I’ll start with DH since GoD will be godly on top of being fun. But what other class(es) should I play? Crusader perhaps? Captain America is always fun and might benefit nicely from Ethereals. Or maybe wizard? I know Meteor builds will get a huge boost from the Ethereals.

1 Like

what makes you feel GOD will be godly? doesnt it usually hit a hard wall?

I took GoD to GR 140 using a non meta set up of MoC over CoE in Season 24. If I had used CoE, I would have ended up at around 143. Given we now have the Altar it will be even closer to GR 150. I am not the best DH player (though I’ve been told I’m pretty good). There’ll be several people that do a GR 150 with GoD. I personally think Nat’s will do it faster though but given it’s an unpopular set, there won’t be as many as GoD.

In Season 24, Wizard and Monk were really good but Inna’s and Tal Rasha have been nerfed since, which bring GoD up in some of the tier rankings.