Season 32 pick a class, tough decision

The Ethereal Buriza is literally built for GoD, It freezes and gives auto crit as our main damage skill is cold. Combine that with a crafted primal Cirri Satchel. Also GoD gained a buff since the last time Ethereals were a season.

4 Likes

could god be a top build?

In pushing not. GoD is not desinged for pushing since the HA canā€™t pierce more than 4 times. But for speeds this build will be the best. I suppose that with proper, augmented gear you should be able to speedrun GR130. Itā€™s the fastest way to farm gons and save crafting materials for you main build. It will probably clear GR150 but with high gons (maybe 3k+)

1 Like

Thanks. Never been much of a pusher, usually play till the grā€™s get ā€˜hardā€™ and quit. Sounds like this season will be like the others for me but thats ok!

Iā€™m starting to get the feeling that ethereals, while powerful, wonā€™t be THAT powerful.

I dont think theyā€™re that game changing. also to confirm its the only theme, right?

For the season yes, along with the Altar and Visions of Enmity. :grin:

95% of the time, regardless of the season, I shall start with the Barbarian.

Is there any speed build that comes close to it? I would prefer to not do XP farming with GoD since I did it last time, but it is so efficient that I am willing to. I see a Necro build in S tier on maxroll but nobody talks about it so I assume GoD stands alone?

They were more powerful than the crucible things. As far as I remember they were comparable to Shards but slightly weaker.

Simple decision. In season 31, i had a blast with LOD Nova. In season 32, again LOD Nova is a top build for both pushing and solo experience. Continue blasting.

1 Like

Wizard. Iā€™m curious to see how far I can get with Tal Rasha after the nerf a couple seasons back.

1 Like

Was the damage halved in the nerf? I would guess that the Mang Song will make it sing again :notes:
Of course the Altar was more powerful in s28ā€¦

I donā€™t own the necro, I kind of feel like they power creeped it to make people buy it. And so Iā€™ll go DH like usual.

I was planning on skipping it but thereā€™s really no rush to push my Last Epoch character. D3 season starts are really fun and I enjoy SSF mode.

2 Likes

Guys , I played rogue in d4 season 4. Now I want to play d3 wizard. Do you suggest wizard for season 32 ?

Youā€™ve already answered your own question.

Generally Necro is not the speedfarming class. Their fastest build is LoD Nova probably but this build is way behind GoD in speeds (mainly because GoD kills everything while moving however necro has to stop to cast siphon blood). Another problem is that this build is LoD which means it is a bad season starter. This is actually a problem of all Nova builds - they need to stop moving to kill things. In previous season the gap between Necro and all the other classes was so high that necro had to be played.

If you really want to play necro then probably start with Tragā€™s Nova and gradually move to LoD Nova.

If you want to play Wizard, just go for it.

It might have a harsher start due to the starting set being Vyr, but overall it will be one of the better classes to play with Ethereals.

Ah thanks. Really glad I read this since I was planning on going for a Necro instead of DH for speeds but I did remember Nova feeling a bit clunky for that, I just assumed it is because I only tried maybe 5 GRā€™s and did it wrong.

This is for my second character though, I start with my intended push class (still have no idea which for today) then at some point around where I reach that classā€™ best XP buildā€™s wall I set up a character with the best one and split my time between the two. I donā€™t particularly mind having a slow start, I have three months to get where I need to be so the impact of what I start with doesnā€™t bother me.

1 thing that comes to my mind however it needs to be tested. There are no patch notes nor updates. If blizzard runs Etherals as they were in S24 then we will have unnerfed Bloodtide Blade. Blizzard capped that bonus on 10 targets but in season 24 there was no cap at all.
If it goes live as it was back in s24 then you would play Tragā€™s, pull entire GR150 floor and kill it in a few casts of Nova.

1 Like

Someone else wrote that ethereals are likely coded in a way so that the weapon spot makes a call to a list with all the updated possible weapon powers are and pick one randomly from there.
No expert myself. I think it was when Smoldering Core was mentioned as it is a weapon that was introduced after season 24.