Season 31: Season of the Forbidden Archives - Now Live

Season 31: Season of the Forbidden Archives - Now Live

Diablo III Season 31: Season of the Forbidden Archives begins on April 12. Nephalem can harness the power of Forbidden Archives theme, which first debuted with Season 20.

View Full Article

13 Likes

Awesome, I missed that season when it first “aired”… looking forward to trying it out this time around.

3 Likes

Thank you very much I hope this will pacify some of the impatient ones.

Nice! And Unhallowed for a starter. This will be fun!

1 Like

I was really hoping they would combine those lesser seasons into one so the recycle of the good seasons would be shorter.

1 Like

Hmmm… decisions, decisions, decisions, on what class to start. :thinking:

1 Like

Was looking up season 20 and GoD… couldn’t find anything lol… then I realized that GoD was not in the game yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good timing on the season. cant wait to make crusaders great again , lol.

Well GoD is my build and the cube won’t change for GoD as we still need the RoRG to wear Focus/Restraint. The other 2 slots are typically the Cirri quiver and the belt or pants anyway so no change from normal there.

The only real change would be if you got a really good quiver you could wear it with Dawn and cube both the belt and pants. But then you suffer a huge loss of defense by not having the Ballista. Also Ballista is almost necessary to wear Squirts.

1 Like

Makes sense, UE starter though is really nice.

1 Like

I think Necromancer will gain the most from the season 31 theme. They have so many multipliers that will make them OP. Not my favorite class though.

1 Like

A bit disappointed there’s no further balance changes but not surprised at all. However the overall balance currently is for Shards, not non-season as it should be.

7 Likes

No mention of PTR either so looks like that won’t happen anymore either.

2 Likes

Tal’s is one of my favorite builds and with the restrictions on the cube lifted you can put both staves in the cube and go with a nice wand… something like Aether for endless teleporting might work. Looks like I’ll be running a wizard in S31

2 Likes

Necro should have easiest start in S31 due to theme.

However, some sets got changed or even showed up in the meantime (from when we had that season theme), so some other classes/sets might benefit more than last time around.

1 Like

Why would there be? It’s still Patch 2.7.7. Although, it’s been amended.

Patch 2.7.7 | Game Updates

• KR Age Restriction
    • Updated Logos for KR Age Restriction from 18 years of age to 19 years of age.
  • Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin now works for Challenge Rifts.
  • Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin and Altar of Rites node Reaper now only drops from monsters inside Nephalem Rifts, Greater Nephalem Rifts, and Challenge Rifts.
2 Likes

So no Altar in NS and no balance change :confused:

I was curious to see what powers were used in the cube during S20… but the filters by set on the leaderboards do not show anything before they were introduced with S23. Too bad… :laughing:

2 Likes

Oof…

I know some theory-crafters liked this theme, but I personally don’t really cared about it. Especially since a lot of builds kinda have their three mandatory cube items, so it’s not really mixing anything up.

I hoped they would skip those rather boring themes or at least combine some (e.g. adding the 4th slot), but well…

7 Likes

Patch 2.7.7 | Game Updates

• KR Age Restriction
    • Updated Logos for KR Age Restriction from 18 years of age to 19 years of age.
  • Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin now works for Challenge Rifts.
  • Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin and Altar of Rites node Reaper now only drops from monsters inside Nephalem Rifts, Greater Nephalem Rifts, and Challenge Rifts.

OMG! :scream: Is that all? :worried: Where’s the rest, Devs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Please don’t give up this wonderful game! :sob:

2 Likes