Season 27 start

Anyone else having a really difficult decision deciding what to start next season. I know it’s a few weeks away, DH and WD are my favorites. I think which doctor has the most diverse group of skills but I don’t think they will be S tier, whereas the demon hunter is really going to shine but it’s pretty much a Strafe only season for them.

Strafe is good for speeds, but the Strafe UE will be horrible above T16 and Strafe Shadow Impale is not accurate enough for solid push. The powerhouse will be M6 with Cluster Arrow power.

Not at all I always start with a Monk. It’s not brain surgery, just pick one and go.

4 Likes

Pretty much this, though I will level as a Necro, pretty much because you can get to 70, complete Haedrig’s Gift, and level up your new character in about the same amount of time as it is to just level up your real character and complete Haedrig’s Gift. I mean, if you’re going to finally be able to collect your set at X time, why not have 2 classes at 70 rather than just 1 class?

There are a few exceptions, such as Witch Doctor (as the Scrimshaw is now guaranteed), and getting lucky with Kadala or the upgrade, but I prefer to play it safe. With a Necromancer, you know you’re getting to 70 quickly. Excluding the Witch Doctor, every other class can get hit by the RNG, which can double your time to 70. And most of the gambles are a coin flip at best, and will only shave off 15 minutes at best, and add an hour or more if you don’t hit that coin flip.

there’s too many good builds. probably going to main all classes this season.

1 Like

I love Monk, it’s been my favorite class since vanilla D3, but Raiment is such a BAD Haedrig’s gift set, it makes the leveling process such a chore. The best strategy is to avoid the set, lol.

Personally I think I may try Barb for the first time in season (at least starting the season, I’ve leveled an Alt Barb late in the season once or twice).

1 Like

I’ll level the char I intend to play, if it’s slightly slower doesn’t really matter, I’ll enjoy playing it. If I want to play something else later I’ll just level a gem of ease and have a fresh 70 in like 5-10 mins.

3 Likes

I just tested and Scrimshaw is now so easy to get, and who doesn’t love tower of zombies and bears lol

I will switch over to a WoL build as soon as possible. I have been running Tempest Rush for the last few seasons, now back to WoL. I like to obliterate demons before they even have a chance to see me.

Raxx says the DH into Monk into everything is the best / fastest strategy, even though necro also is very good for the start.
I go with necro into wiz this season.

1 Like

Like every seasons, a main WD!

1 Like

Hi

I always play solo, that’s why I start each season:
monk - Patterns of Justice, because I can make a strong and durable character very quickly and start doing GR 100+ very quickly and this at the beginning of the season is important.
Of course, there are other stronger sets, but this is what I play best at the beginning of the season - good to gain experience.
And after a few days, I switch to another character.

I always start with DH because I find it the easiest to level with and the starting sets are usually pretty good. It’s also fairly easy to get a speed set going.

on a side note I really wish they kept Echoing Nightmares as is instead of nerfing the EXP to the ground for s27. Would’ve been nice to level my friends and get them 400 paragon in one EN.

2 Likes

Necro. Blood nova was my favorite non Meta build to level & low GR speed. Now its META, I am stoke. barb is also a strong starter due to starting with waste set

But I need a super fast mover & quick boss killer build for the annoying Kill all bosses seasonal conquest. One of the hardest conquest to do solo

1 Like

I am going to play a DH for the first time in years. Their starter build looks like fun and the Strafe build will be easy to shift into later on.

Usually lead off with wizard but I think I will go DH this time

As much as I hate playing the same thing over and over, Diablo 3 makes it damn near required so I will probably start a barbarian and play twirly. Again. For the like 100th time.

2 Likes

I will play the new changes.
I am not a leaderboard pushing player though I generally get at least one, randomly all in the bottom 100 and sometimes higher for the set. The Sader, Wiz and Necro.
I have a life so I generally end up playing three regions and end up with 1-2K in a three and a half month season in each.

Contradictory statements are paradoxical.

2 Likes

At first I was like DH for sure, but lately I have been leaning towards Necro as first character, that bloodnova build looks cool :beers: And Necro is my least played class by far.