Season 26 | The Fall of the Nephalem | Has Ended

It’s probably not bad advice, honestly.

It takes about as many GRs to gem up to a 100+ augment as it does to get a scream, using the same method of rushing through lower level GRs.

Seasonal basically for every manual gem up you’d expect to get a ‘free’ one via a scream, but you still have to acquire enough gems to use them.

Non-seasonal you probably have the gems already, and maybe stronger characters to do the heavy lifting.

4 Likes

We need more of this and less crying

2 Likes

The disappointing aspect of HC this season is that BLIZZARD clearly states there is no reason they will restore a character. To make a season where it is almost guaranteed doing a special rift until you die , that is certain to kill you means they clearly did not take HC into consideration. I cannot see any HC player wanting to rebuild their character back up to L70 from scratch every time after a special rift. This especially after taking away the shield pylon. The gold wrap with trash mobs you can understand but the shield pylon looks like a deliberate penalty on HC players.

I agree totally they should have clearly said “HC players participate at your own risk” at the least but they did not.

EDIT: Their terms noted, there was a live HC video a while back where Quinn69’s computer caught on fire and they did restore his character.

4 Likes

Gave you a like but there is a difference between crying and critizising. We were all given the impression that ENs would be a big thing and relatively easily available to all players this season. It’s okay for themes like ethereals to be part of a loot hunt and take a while to get because you could keep the ethereal as long as you wanted and have fun using it. The rarity of Petrified Screams makes it a rather bleak season theme to most players.

3 Likes

Exactly. What is the use of this ‘new content’ if it doesn’t really help in any way. By the time I level a couple/few gems, one key might drop. Defeats the purpose of ‘augmenting gear via short cut’.

1 Like

Was thinking of this yesterday. Correct my math if I am being silly:
Current discussed drop rate of 5% means every 20 rifts you get a 125 gem, which would usually take 25 rifts. So then every 20 rifts is like doing 45 in terms of gem ups. So around doubling of gem ups.

Taking an average time of 3 minutes for simplicity, which includes town time, that is one 125 per hour (well 63 minutes including the EN).

With shards/embers you would need 3 embers for a 125, so one ember every 7 rifts (tad less) to get 3 every 20 rifts for that 125 per hour. I’m not including shards in this calculation as I never ran out and don’t recall others saying they did. I can’t remember discussions mentioning ember drop rates but the few times I took note of my own, I usually do around 100 GR’s then identify the drops of interest, which included embers. And I would get somewhere close to that, I believe I got one every 7-8 rifts but also sometimes got more than that. But the actual counting was only a handful of times and then just on feel.

So if I am correct and remember the ember drop rate correctly that means 5% drop rate gives us equal, or quite close to, the same increase in augments?

1 Like

Season start so far good for me.
5% drop rate seems a little low when doing solo. But when running with team there seems to be more than enough drops as the whole team can benefit of single petrified scream.
I have now already 30 extra lvl 125 whispers after doing maybe 2/3 solo. And I have probably 50% more exp than last season same time.

Mostly I’m missing ancient items and probably will miss for a long time. I don’t want to run only speedruns and game doesn’t reward running higher levels with any more items.

Shards could be salvaged into gems. We don’t have that benefit this season.

Wonder what that maintenance is on Friday night?

I believe they’re hoovering out the hamster wheels in the server room.

Please note: comedy font was used for this post.

2 Likes

True, we were swimming in them. First time I didn’t have to ever think about them when I wanted to augment.

The shards were also a guaranteed drop, if you felt like doing certain bosses. The Tristram event had them raining from the sky & set me up for the rest of the season as well. Embers dropped in spurts for me. Sometimes 2 at a time would drop. Embers definitely had a higher drop rate than…these…

1 Like

Simple question about the Echoing Nightmare as I have not yet been in one to know myself… the notes state that control effects (notably stun, frozen, rooted, and knockback) are unusable. However, are other, lesser abilities like blind, imprison (bone prison - this might just be another form of rooted), and slow usable? If so, monk has a vastly superior advantage as does crusader, but it still allows some others too.

Season is lost, thats how I feel about it. I lost interest mostly because as a solo player mostly impossible to get echoing nightmares… I mean you can but after finishing 100 GR 100
Thx but no thx… Yesterday I spend 70-80 keys doing GR 100-105 and for all that I got only 4-5 screams… Its just too much work, for me its much easier to just do GRs and level any gem without touching EN at all…
Blizzard you screwed up the season, again!

6 Likes

Will we see some adjustments to the theme droprate? Or is it safe to uninstall D3 to make room for another game?

I’d maybe wait until Tuesday before uninstalling, but so far it doesn’t look like there’s going to be any changes.

I am sorry to say that Season 26 is silly and redundant… A complete waste of time IMO. Season 24 & 25 were way better… Anybody else has a opinion of Season 26?

1 Like

Impressive that you were able to apply statistical analysis to Season 26…IMO, this season is a waste of time…

1 Like

This is the worst season I have played tbh (as a soloplayer), waiting for s27 now while playing other games!

3 Likes

I totally agree, I feel the same. Last two seasons were amazing and now this one huge step back. I like some of the improvements they made for this season, its just it doesnt work well. For example Orek Dream I got it only 2x this season and doing low content GR 70-90.