Season 26 | The Fall of the Nephalem | Has Ended

Yeah QA is one thing. Having players test in a PTR/Beta situation is completely different as it is such a wider scale than QA could ever provide. One friendly troll on this forums thinks Blizzard should have 20,000 QA testers for D4 alone.

But as I stated before they ask for feedback and players gave it to them. That’s the end of the contract.

1 Like

I was kind of hoping this entire seasonal theme was going to be some kind of cringe April Fool’s joke… but you guys are serious :flushed::flushed::joy:

This is just another time I’ve seen Blizzard Devs straight up IGNORE outcries in the PTR feedback forums. You guys did this with World Of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth also. Preach (among many others) gave Devs insanely good feedback and spent hours upon hours compiling necessary changes and testing stuff throughout the PTR, and the Devs completely ignored 99.99% of his feedback and forced their ideas on the community. The expansion was launched and flopped after 2-3 months. When will you guys actually start LISTENING to the people who actually play your games religiously?

Or do you just like driving your player base to other games and ruining your reputation of producing quality content for players? Blizzard USE TO BE the head honcho when it came to gaming, the company to beat… but now it’s just an empty shell of what it once was. It’s actually sad to have seen this fall from grace over the years…

1 Like

You’re free to cry and take the QA team’s side as much as you want, but neither of our opinions is gonna change, so there’s no point discussing this any further.

They don’t NEED to do anything after you payed for the game, but it doesn’t change the fact that proper communication would be good. This was even recognized and promised to be improved in the past (at Nevalistis, John Yang, Wyatt Cheng, Travis Day, etc. time)

2 Likes

Seems like you didn’t read or understand my post.

The curious thing is, from my perspective, you’re the one doing the crying. Just because I have some actual insights into how QA teams work doesn’t mean I’m taking their side, just pointing out your sheer ignorance.

If at least one person reads my post and learns something and decides to not be like you then the post was totally worth it. :peace_symbol:

It isn’t an entitled expectation of feedback. It is bad to see something so minor and with so little effort not being done. In a game where people regularly complain about no involvement from them.

Small input for no insignificant reward for them.

And it also just feels like they care more if they give feedback, like the example of “This is why we didn’t give Raekor’s damage reduction”. And you want the devs to care about the game.

1 Like

I can foresee a repeat of a S19 theme for this S26 which will be disappointing after testing the PTR. No thanks

1 Like

Still 8 days left until s26 launch… maybe some last minute change? Nah, who am I kidding… I am out of #Hopium

2 Likes

Just because feedback isn’t give to us doesn’t mean they don’t care. Blizzard has historically been mum in their decisions. They don’t regularly engage with us, and when they do they get crapped on relentlessly. They have good reason to not say a damned thing to us ever. Just be thankful they even ask for feedback 8n the first place.

And again, just because we offer feedback does not mean they are obligated to make those changes and there are dozens of reasons why it wasn’t made. Would we like to know the reasons why it why not? Sure, but they have no obligation since game development is not a democracy if they made all the changes we suggest, D3/D4 would be the Homer Simpson car of video games full of awful ideas mixed in with a few good ones.

Awesome, it seems I came back to D3 with a bit of time to spare and get reacquainted with the game before this next one.

I pretty much played S25 for like 2 weeks and quit due to botters. I’m excited to try and play S26 but if blizzard doesnt take the bot issue in this game more seriously im probably just quitting S26 again within 2 weeks. I guess we’ll see what happens. Hope a CM is reading this and brings up this topic into their next meeting.

Using Machine Learning, bots are unstoppable.
They can easily mimic humans.

Ok, let’s agree on a few things.

• Most of us are disappointed in this season
  • We’d all like more insight in how the devs work and think
  • it sometimes seems like the devs don’t understand their own game very well
  • D3 doesn’t seem to get much resources compared to many other blizz games

But let’s also keep in mind that

• a lot of vocal forum posters really have no understanding of the game
  • the player base is quite diverse in what we want and need to enjoy the game
  • D3 is receiving an impressive amount of support and development for a 10 year old game
  • S22, S24 and S25 were quite popular season, and while not perfect, they were some of the best season themes so far.
  • there are great permanent changes in S26 that will carry over to all future season.
  • At least there is a theme, compared to S23.

I think those points above are mostly not controversial at this point, right? We all on same page?

So idk, let’s be sensible. S26 might be a skip or a short season for many of us. A bit of a swing and a miss from dev team in terms of the theme, especially compared to how we’ve been quite spoiled with mostly good themes last couple years. But that’s ok. Every theme can’t be perfect. We can still try the new GRs, the season reset is still fun. We can play a bit non-season if we prefer, or maybe even have a break and do other things. Maybe it’ll be a bit shorter season this time, and hopefully they’ve taken feedback on board for S27. Hopefully next season we’ll get to enjoy the new GRs together with another great theme! :crossed_fingers: Cheers, thanks for the efforts devs. :beer:

4 Likes

Fair summary even if you’re being overly generous to the loudmouth manbabies on here.

Don’t forget, Blizzard also has easy access to hours played by the majority of the naysayers on the forums so they’ll easily be able to filter out their complaints as noise.

1 Like

I mean… It’s easy to be triggered by confident ignorance, and very easy to get pulled into discussions that don’t lead anywhere and brings the worst out of everyone, 10h or 1000h played. But trying to see past that, most arguments are based in fundamentally different ways of enjoying the game, which turns into different needs for enjoying a season theme.

Hard disagree. I assume you’re new to forums and/or the human race. There’s a significant segment of the population on here who are complaining about the season theme purely for the attention and to vent because they have nothing else to do with their lives.

It’s a fatal flaw in humanity to believe there is humanity in others. And you’ve got it. Sometimes people really are just out there to smear their faeces on the wall for no other reason than they are descended from apes.

2 Likes

Made me literally lol, thanks for that! :joy_cat:

And I get what you’re saying. I prefer to be too naive though. Like, it’s the worst when you’re trying to troll and people are just nice back. It’s really win-win, but takes some discipline.

1 Like

There’s always noisy crickets, that’s not new and not the most important feedback of S26. The apathy and indifference is the most noteworthy feedback, and it’s not just on the official forums. There is very little hype, either written or through videos, for this upcoming season.

The biggest feedback Blizzard should take from this isn’t about seasonal themes because at the end of the day they’ve just been a means to an end. The most popular seasonal themes have been those that provide global modifiers that allow build adjustments. It’s the builds people really want, and in a season without global modifiers there needed to be more adjustments to skills/items/sets to compensate.

When Blizzard made the decisions to balance around sets they gave themselves a lot of control. It’s easier to balance around 1 combination than many. But, it also means they inherited a lot of responsibility to keep things updated. There’s nothing the players can do to make Trag’Ouls not painfully outdated nor to make the myriad of underused damage skills viable because of lacking legendaries.

1 Like

That’s why I wrote the Exalted items seasonal theme proposal.

I’m advocading a lot for a 100% Action RNG (Random Number Generator) game, where surprise and renewal of the experience is a core mechanic.

I want the builds to be free from developers control.

I want an automated system where developers just add new effects and the system is in charge to RNG the percentages (armor, damage increase on skill A / rune B / group of skills C, …etc) given limits and your current XP.

This way, every new game would be a different experience, with a total different itemization.

ARNG are the future.

You sound like you need to start your own video game company because I don’t see any of that happening in D3 unless they open it up to modding.

1 Like

That is true, but the thing is a lot of people perceive it that way so then it is a good thing to do it.

Definitely agree. People also forget that maybe they did try certain feedback options and it didn’t work or it made it worse or was just hard to get right so it is delayed. Or that they just prefer something to be a certain way and hey that’s how it is.