Season 24 GoD Frostburn

Doesn’t have anything to do with the Frostburn or MoC, but since right now, all I’m doing is paragon farming, I decided to have some with it and made a Grenades build to do 110’s with.

Won’t win any speed awards as it only does 110 in about 4:00 with 2700 paragon but it sure is fun!

I know I’d farm paragon faster doing 125’s with Hungering Arrow in the same of amount of time and I’ll probably switch back to it eventually but right now messing with Grenades is fun as hell! And even if I go and do 125’s it only saves me a few days in my pursuit paragon of 3000, I’ll give up a few days to have fun! 2 weeks should get me to my goal.

Just wanted to give an update of sorts. As soon as I hit 3000 paragon I’ll get back to trying to complete a 140 with Frostburn.

I just hit p3000 and did 137 is 12min on 2nd key…

My goal is to get gems to 150 by playing few games with friends and then to get to 140. I think my dps and gear is good enough for 140 now, but you know… I def want a better weapon though. probably leaving 4% dps there… same in amulet…

1 Like

I’m still working on 3000, I’m currently at 2814 and it’ll take about a Week more to get to 3000.

At that point, I intend to try a 140 with Frostburn. Let that stand on the board for a day. Do 141 with MoC and let that stand for a day, and then push with CoE hopefully up to 144.

I’m playing a SSF season so my gems will and augments will be less that 150’s but seems doable.

In the end, my gems will probably be SS 145, and BotT 142 and Teaguk 140, probably. And my augments will be around the 680’s.

1 Like

I still dont have 1 ring and amulet augmented. hard to replace 50cd/6cc/20ad ring that’s not ancient… amulet 17cold, 96d 10cc but also not ancient ;(

I found an Ancient Amulet with almost the same stats yesterday. Before that I was using a non ancient with 20% Cold, Dex, 85% crit dam. Blue my mind when I finally got something I could roll crit chance on to and it turned out to be ancient. lol

i have a primal. 20 cold, 1000dex, 100cd, socket or 17 cold 96cd 10cc… first one is 7.8% lower in DPS… but cc thing and frozen… at higher levels they rarely stay frozen…

I did some tests with using valla instead of fb for speeds and i probably don’t see enough difference due to pylon variations. i wonder why some of the highers clears are using valla…vs fb and whether it provides more dps vs losing of squirts, or maybe they don’t see a reason to keep those stacks (small chancd at 140+) vs guaranteed valla?

hrmm

Valla’s makes more frozen enemies because strafe, while it doesn’t do damage, can proc Buriza 35% chance to freeze. It just means more crits.

ya, i figured that and I wonder if it’s worth it over worry about squirts…

on another level, i found a nice quiver 20/10/15HA and 599% but it’s not ancient so it’s below dps of my primal with 8% elite dam (no HA) … interesting for sure…

I would run that though d3planner - my guess is that non-ancient with 15% HA is going to be better.

1 Like

I did and I will save both, but right now, ancient is better by about 1.3mil dps and it adds 8 mil toughness…

Thanks! For fun, I gave Frosties a whirl farming XP on 120s and it was mostly smooth running. The downside for me was that juggernauts are either a skip or kill (if there’s some density)… 2 or 3 of them in a rift was noticeable on my finish time. A side effect was it also gave me a chance to use my primal DDs that have been sitting in the stash for most of the season! Hoarding ftw! (I did better with that than the primal WKL I salvaged on day 2 of playing monk when I didn’t know it was a useful weapon… :sob: I swear it was stat-for-stat identical to the one used by Rank 1 monk US :rofl:)

1 Like

Well, I finally completed a 140 a few days ago. Couldn’t post the update then though.

I can’t remember some of the stuff about the rift but I used MoC instead of Frostburn.

I was fishing a lot so I may be misremembering some of the details like…

I’m pretty sure the first floor was the Stinging Winds with the Big Lacuni and Phase Beasts.

The second floor was Hell Rift, can’t remember the mobs but there was a Shield Pylon with two elites. Popped the Pylon for three but unfortunately one of the mobs was a waller and the other an illusionist, so I was only able to kill a champion pack out of the three.

The third floor was Barracks but fortunately it was a short map and I was able to skip it and only be a few seconds behind the time.

Fourth floor was Battlefields with Phase Beasts and I can’t remember the other mobs. A Speed Pylon was at the beginning of the map, so had to skip it. But was able to get a minute ahead of the timer before coming upon a Conduit with lots of density and an elite near it.

Popped the Conduit and killed all the trash and the two elites and spawned Bloodmaw. Had half the Conduit left and was about 2 min ahead of the timer.

When the Conduit ran out, Bloodmaw was at half health and I killed him at the 14:43 mark with 2935 Paragon.

This is as near as I can remember what happened but some of the details might be incorrect. Skipping the Barracks and everything on the Fourth Floor that I remember is how it happened though.

6 Likes