Season 24 Ethereal opinion

I had quite the opposite experience. I enjoyed doing something that could carry over to future seasons. I played more this season than I ever have and I hope they bring more things like this in future seasons.

Its for those who want a challenge. Its not for those who doesnt play the game or doesnt want to play the game.

Still making these kinds of arguments. Still thirsting for cookies?.. Got it. To answer the question directly. No I am not asking for everything to be baseline nor am I implying that they should be that way. What I am saying is that there are better ways to engage the player base than just send them on a mission to burn the clock and keep them logging time in the game for a small reward. Season journey is not the same as this current season theme and the requirements for it. To make an argument that they are the same or imply that they are the same is to make a false equivalence. I am not implying that there should be parity between them either.

I can finish enough of the season journey to just get the free set and not complete all of it. Do I get to keep the free set? Yes. I did not want all of the transmogs nor did I want to chase all of them. However, they setup the requirements in an all or nothing fashion.

Season journey rewards are only forced if you want the rewards at the end of the journey. However, one can complete much of the season journey within groups or at the assistance of others along the way. We canā€™t trade or pick up Ether weapons that drop for others. One has to get a legit drop on their own even if it occurs while playing in a group. I am not arguing for open trade either (sorry Iā€™m not offering those types of troll cookies).

On another note. I noticed that there are some calling the low level vault approach an exploit. Well if the devs make the rewards based on you keep what you find like any other transmogs, then the vast majority of the player base would not be using the low level vault approach. Its obvious the devs intended for this less used game play to be employed or they were very narrow sighted. What I wanted to do was play Wiz and DH at level cap and hunt for the Ethereal weapons for the transmogs. While that option is still available to me, I would still have to engage the other classes in some form or fashion to get the other transmogs or fully subject myself to RNG. Neither of those last two options appeal to me.

Let me say it again clearly just in case you actually read this. Creating, logging into, and doing stuff on a class that Iā€™m not interested in, is something I DO NOT WANT TO DO. To add insult to injury here, the requirements send me to acquire stuff on characters/classes (that I donā€™t want to play) that I donā€™t want. You are welcome to suck it up in silence, while Iā€™m not content to do the same. You are welcome to slurp to your heartā€™s content.

The TL:DR version: Doing stuff that I donā€™t want to do, just to acquire stuff I donā€™t want, is not fun or enjoyable. In the future please structure the rewards and tasks such that I am not presented with a similar scenario.

@Yukos:
I figure you didnā€™t read the entire thread and Iā€™m not going to hold that against you. I am very much aware of the low level vault approach. However, I donā€™t want to create and log into a Barb character (and several of the other classes) to do vault runs just to get transmogs that I donā€™t want.

@Scorp:
Congrats broski. Good to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Unfortunately, we are not in the same happy place.

@Coreader:
This is a false notion that you tell yourself. However, it does not fit reality. There were better ways to structure the rewards and tasks while creating a challenge. However, placing transmogs in an all or nothing fashion at the end of an achievement is not for just who play or want to play. For those who just want a subset of the t-mogs should not be sent to chase achievements that they are not interested in doing. Its like forcing me to chase a leaderboard spot within a certain range just to get a t-mog. I donā€™t chase leaderboards. You are welcome to believe whatever you choose to believe. I didnā€™t want the challenge just a small subset of the t-mogs.

I can see where youā€™re coming from BossDogg, but that said, had I not seen the transmog for the Witch Doctorā€™s spear (the name escapes me) and how it looks on a Shadow DH, I would probably never had gotten it if I was just hunting on my DH. Other transmogs look good on your follower.

There is tons of reasons to go for all the transmogs beyond just ā€œWell I like this one on my DH and thatā€™s all I wantā€.

The fact is, pretty much all the transmogs look cool and most can be used on your main character or to outfit his/her followers.

Basically, your ā€œI only want these specific transmogs and shouldnā€™t be ā€œforcedā€ to hunt for the othersā€ is a you problem not a problem with the game.

I never implied there was a problem with the game and as such there is no problem with me. I did express dissatisfaction/lack of enjoyment (fun) with the currently structured rewards and tasks. I agree there is the opportunity to mix and match some of the t-mogs across some classes and possibly on followers. However, even with those opportunities Iā€™m am still fully in the disinterested category. Didnā€™t want them. Didnā€™t want to chase them. Its simple to me. For those that want to chase all 21 Ethereal weapons for t-mog purposes, let them have the fun/joy of engaging that challenge. For the rest of use that only want a subset of the t-mogs, let us chase just those that we want and keep those that we find. Ez Pz and everyone is happy.

Yeah, and the ethereals is only forced if you want them. What the hell is the difference?

1 Like

Enjoying your ignorance and disregard I see. Have fun.

Gotta admit, that I too was like ā€œMan all I want is the DH transmogsā€ at first. But the devs decided that to get the FoS and all transmogs you have to get all 21. Most of the Feats of Strength have rewards for anything from Banner Shapes, Patterns, and Sigils, to Wings. Having the transmogs linked to the Feat of Strength isnā€™t something that is out of bounds for the game.

Itā€™s the Feat of Strength that gives you all the Transmogs. If you want the rewards you have to do the Feat of Strength, just like if you want the wings for getting all the Set Dungeon Masteries, you have to do all the Set Dungeon Masteries.

The game isnā€™t forcing anything on you. Itā€™s like arguing that completing all the set Dungeons just on a single class like on the Necromancer should reward wings instead of pennants. Thereā€™s tasks to get specific rewards in this game.

Youā€™re arguing from the ā€œI want these specific rewards but I donā€™t want to complete the Feat of Strength to get themā€ perspective and thatā€™s just not how rewards works in this game which makes it a you problem and not the gameā€™s.

Yes, I ignore the part of your argument thatā€™s irrelevant. That you get set pieces from parts 2-4 is entirely beside the point if what youā€™re after is the guardian objective.

How being ā€œforcedā€ to do all nine parts of the season journey is fundamentally different to being ā€œforcedā€ to do the one objective of the feat of strength for the transmogs is clearly something that you are in the minority to see.

Yet another false comparison. Yes the completion of all set dungeons is listed as a Feat of Strength the comparison the equivalence ends there. Banners and Wings (class agnostic) are not comparable to a set of t-mogs, some of which are class specific. I only do the master of a single set dungeon as part of the requirements for the season journey. Notice how I donā€™t have to do every single set dungeon just to complete the season journey. T-mogs have been setup to be you keep what you find. However, the devs tried to add artificial depth to a shallow challenge by requiring us to collect 21 separate Ethereals in order to keep the t-mogs beyond Season 24. Its not fun for me. Others might enjoy the FoS for S-24 and more power to them. There are better ways to engage the player base than to push this type of reward and task structure.

I donā€™t chase achievements in this game. I donā€™t chase leaderboards either. The reason why I donā€™t have wings for completing all of the set dungeons is because I loath set dungeons and completing all of them is an arduous task in my opinion. Arduous + not enjoyable = No thank youā€¦ keep the reward. In the case of S-24 FoS it was not arduous and not enjoyable thus I completed it. However, Iā€™m not content to jump through the hoops in silence and thus I voice my lack of enjoyment/dislike here in the forums. Just because I completed the FoS in this season does not mean I would in the future. Iā€™m taking it a step further in saying please do not setup the tasks and rewards in this fashion in this game or D4. There are plenty of better ways to engage the player base.

Also I believe you were refering to Arioc Needle (spear Ethereal for WD).

Says you. You get transmogs for purchasing games, that also become feats of Strength evidenced by the Barbarian Transmogs for D2 Res. Feats of Strength do get Transmogs. Ergo, it is only a false comparison in your mind.

In other other words, you canā€™t argue from a point of honesty, which is okay I guess, but itā€™s turning into a troll topic if thatā€™s the case.

So Iā€™m suppose to equivocate class agnostic banners/wings to class specific t-mogs?

What D3 t-mogs do you get for buying other games and which are tied to feats of strength? Keep in mind wings/banners are not t-mogs. If you are referring to something recently added through D2R I would not know nor will I take an interest in them. If Blizz is offering t-mogs in D3 for buying other games and tying them to FoS, wouldnā€™t that cheapen the in-game FoS concept?

Keep in mind, that no matter how you slice it, S-24 FoS is still not enjoyable to me.

Side note. While testing D3 on Linux I did a few GR90 runs. The rings I continuously get are:

• Band of Hallow whispers
  • Kredeā€™s Flame
  • Bul-Kathosā€™s Wedding Band
  • Leoricā€™s Signet
  • the LoN rings
  • Stone of Jordan
  • Unity
  • Manald Heal
  • CoE
  • Band of Arlyse

The above are on some sort of loop. No puzzle rings there.

I notice you selective read a lot. Keep rolling, rolling, rolling.

Seeing as you keep ignoring large parts of arguments, are you really in a position to whine?

I donā€™t remember them allā€¦ but there was the Murlock pet for Blizzcon one yearā€¦ an Angel Pet just recently too iirc. There was a 2h hammer xmog for pre ordering burning crusade i believe? I have the pre-order wings for d3 (not the collectorā€™s ones) ummmā€¦ Oooh the starcraft xmogs and petā€¦

Pre-order -xmogs wings
sc2-xmogs (armor) and pet
umm actually there is a list MissCheetah has I believe of all the xmogs/wings/pets one could get and still can get which will be more comprehensive (and accurate) than 2 days no sleep memory

Running 95 and T-16, Iā€™ve gotten 18 puzzle rings.
Holding your mouth wrong?..

Did you just post a brain fart? What kind of cookie would you like?.. chocolate chip, mocha-mint, reeseā€™s pieces, or kibbles and bits?

Its funny. When I get one, and its not that often (maybe once every 6-13 runs at GR100), I actually get two and sometimes, much rarer, three. When that happens, though, it is virtually assured one of them is ancient.

Best option has been to level a fetish tick to 31 and cheat Kadala. That works nearly every other time, but sometimes it takes 3 spends of 1500 shards to get one ring. Only problem there is none are ancient.

Unity used to be nearly impossible for me to find. Now it is a butterscotch Kit Kat. And I donā€™t even want it anymore.

Tell me more of these ā€˜mocha-mintā€™ cookiesā€¦ and where must one go to find them?

Mint does not belong in cookies!

HEATHEN!!!

Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints in the freezer = Heaven in your mouth

Next youā€™re probably going to say something completely ludicrous like pineapple should be allowed on pizzaā€¦

smhā€¦ mint doesnā€™t belong in cookiesā€¦

What madness is this??? Iā€™m all verklempt now :frowning:

1 Like