Season 24 - Ethereal Memory - Has Ended!

Congrats on butchering all Necro sets. You’ve really done it.

7 Likes

YESSSS!!! This season!!

That’s so exciting like how zdps builds were able to solo GR150 at under p1000 in season 21. That must mean everything is fine. :poop:

2 Likes

Overall I think it looks pretty good, really looking forward to playing DH, Wiz, Barb and Monk this season (and very briefly Necro, WD and Crus to complete the ethereals collection) :wink:

2 Likes

Well, they did butcher all existent Inna builds.

1 Like

After three to four months of 12-16 hours days of non-stop 4-man META runs, with level 150 gems, 750 main stat augments, and 5-8K paragon, you mean?

4 Likes

Don’t give them any ideas.

That’s because completion of the Necromancer set dungeons is part of a Necromancer-specific meta achievement that unlocks wings.

1 Like

season24 summarize in terms of group efficiency :

barb = zbarb / 150&speeds
nec = trash
wd = 4man 150 tk / can oneshot the boss
sader = garbage
dh = 24/7 solo dh 120++ >> all. crazy op / zdh
wiz = very OP / speeds(140++)&150rgk(in 16secs)
monk = cool. but only for solo. bye.

in terms of solo gr push :

any class will be able to clear 150 solo, but
6~7k+ para can clear it stably.
Wiz and dh don’t require a bane of stricken.
Wiz can clear 150 even at 2~3k para.

well-balanced season. kekW

1 Like
  • Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.

So one of the main critiques, if not the main critique for this patch, was the way the xmogs are obtained and unlocked permanently;

as in a player essentially having to play all characters during the season and collect all the items, even if they’re only interested in one or two (miss a single item and you get to keep none of the xmogs);

players, who have filled all their character slots effectively having to delete characters and create them anew on season…

Am I to understand, that this was not addressed and/or alleviated in any way and this will end up on the live version of the game? Am I missing something?

:disappointed:

8 Likes

Whatever. This might be the first season we have so many options for efficient speed meta: Rat runs, Bird runs, GOD runs, Monk runs… I do think the balance is improving, even if a few classes remain left out (but that’s always the case)

4 Likes

Meanwhile…

3 Likes

The most important question:
Is the fmodx64.dll freeze bug being fixed now??? That is the most imnportant thing you should have fixed month ago!!!
All of my mates stopped playing D3 because of the most annoying bug D3 ever had.
Nobody wants to play without sound!!
FIX THAT! If it has been fixed (MAYBE??) why it is not mentioned in the patch notes??

7 Likes

How does that Inna build work?

EDIT: Ok, I just saw that the clone is considered a Mystic Ally.

I guess this keeps the playstyle of the old Inna WoL build. Not entirely happy that the Monk does no damage, but fine.

Exactly. This is the most important thing, and they play deaf. Appalling.
The only thing they can do to alleviate it a bit at least is to make Ethereals drop much more often till, let’s say, L59, so they are useless for end content. Thus we could collect all transmogs and delete only 1 hero several times quickly. Because this is gonna be the shortest season ever - exactly 62 days, not an hour more for the vast majority (of course, not included many who make Guardian in 3 days, as most of us do, but then go away).
Such a shame.

4 Likes

Damn…horrible starter sets this season.

1 Like

Hello I’m coming with a question due to new season and more likely due to Ethereal items along with my friends I was questioning ourselves why wouldn’t you just let players keep them for NS? You already have done it to the items you actually reworked, the old version and effects of those items players still have on Non-Season. I’m 100% sure letting players experiment with old legendaries and ethereals would be a nice addiction to game. Please reply! I would really like to save ethereal items in NS!

2 Likes

Because it’s a season theme. None of the previous themes transferred to non-season either.

In general yes, except maybe Uliana and Vyr

It would be way too OP to have the ethereals in NS, in which characters already have their high paragon advantage…

But we’ve old effects of old items from other seasons; they are constantly added to NS! It’s not about the theme it’s all about the items now