Season 24 - Ethereal Memory - Has Ended!

Yea, but It would be also really funny and new way to play on NS, atleast it’s my opinion. I’d really like to test out it along with old legendaries etc.

1 Like

They weren’t a seasonal theme. Ethereals are a theme. That’s a big difference.

1 Like

Let me quote~
“exceptions can be made”

Agreed, it’s pretty bad this time around. (once again I’m happy that there’s the LoD gem).

While I’m all for letting Non-seasonal players in the fun, I’d have to say no with Ethereal items. Mostly because Ethereal items will be temporary, instead of permanent. Now if Ethereal items were to be permanent, then I’d be all for it. However that’s not the case.

1 Like

And that would be something. If something is permament you can play with it for longer especially while the game is not going to be supported with updates!

Even in D2 ethereals were not permanent. It is in their nature (and their name) to disappear :wink:

1 Like

Awh and also, someones likes D2 more, when D4 is released a specific fanbase may like D3 more too, ethereals could’ve been a good addiction. I was really excited (and I’m still on) on this season but the last sentence just made me sad :C
" * Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends."

Well except for those equipped to mercenaries, or socketed with a zod rune, or having a replenish stock/repair durability affix. Those in such a condition can last forever.

1 Like

I would just put them on my followers like in D2 hirelings. Just as a trophy, just to have something like that in game, just… more content.

Why would it only last 62 days?

I think he’s thinking D2R will eclipse the season at that point, and he might well be right. But D2R will be dead in 3 months.

Ah, fair enough, whereas I think a lot of people’s rose-tinted nostalgia glasses are going to come off very rapidly in September. Fancy graphics doesn’t alter 20+ year old gameplay.

8 Likes

Said the same thing since February.

4 Likes

This season the OP builds will need around 3k paragon to do 150. Wave of light, firebird. Maybe 4k for rend, valor. 5k maybe for wd… Highest season solo ive done is 141. Might go crazy and shoot for 3k paragon this season and try 150 solo.

Plan on starting monk, then use the dex items for a dh. Always play barb, um, not sure if im shooting for all 21 ethereals yet. Diablo 2 R beta and The Last Epoch beta are super fun too…

1 Like

This I have little doubt in, but of course those people will have to play the game to find that out.

With the pre-order beta dropping sometime in August, actually quite a bit less than that.

Because the power creep these bring is enormous. If made permanent, they’d have to be toned down considerably. They make every other weapon redundant by 5-10 tiers.

We don’t know. The stated drop range of between ancient and primal is absolutely massive. They could have received a huge drop rate change from the PTR and still have stayed within that range.

3 Likes

We don’t know the exact drop rate, that’s true.

What I do know, at least the way I see it, is that having to make one of each characters and ask friends to boost me will be boring and annoying.
And again, fail to find 1 item and lose all of the xmogs. That’s a bit too much of a punishment.

And also, I do have the character slots, as I currently keep only one character. Can’t think how annoying it would be for those, that will have to rebirth one character, then delete 6 and make them anew on season… or rebirth one, then delete him, level a new one, delete him and so on… till you get all the 21 items on all 7 characters.

1 Like

Why would you level them or need to involve others?

Using your main hero, level a Gem of Ease to level 25 and put it in a dagger (as all classes can use one of these). Create an alt. Give it the dagger. Hit a couple of mobs on Normal difficulty to get to level 14. Leave game. Set to T6. Go back in, hit boss bounties that are easy to get to, e.g. Zoltan Kulle, as these have Diabolic caches when boss dies. Open the caches, see if ethereals drop out. Repeat until hero gets a bit too high level. Put dagger back in stash, delete hero, create hero, repeat until 3 ethereals. Pick new class. Repeat.

3 Likes

Because it would be faster way for me to level up to 70 and get at least one character equipped, so that I don’t have to stick to lower difficulties and instead can go to a higher if not the highest difficulty.

You’re assuming I wanna play the season for that long :stuck_out_tongue:

So you’re suggesting, that I farm the Ethereal items prior to level 70. It’s an interesting idea, only I doubt the drop rate on live will allow for that to be efficient.

I guess I’ll see if I do decide to participate…

You have more chances to find ethereals at a low character level because the pool of legendary items available at that level is smaller, hence the suggested method.

4 Likes

Again, it makes sense in theory… I guess we’ll see.