Season 22 = only Jesseths season

SotC is not used for LoD Poison Scythe. It is only used in a build that focuses on Secondary Skills, of which there are three - Bone Spear (Masquerade) , Skeletal Mage (LoD Mage) and Bone Nova (LoDF Nova).

I have pointed out to you several times that EVERY Necro build will get a power increase from the 4h cube slot. LoD Mage and Poison Scythe are more than 11 GR’s ahead of Masquerade on live servers. Granted, Poison Scythe is likely performing higher than it should due to a bug. We will see which build will be on top.

The whole point of this thread though, was your original claim that Jesseth set is “the only viable choice”. I still think that SotC with Nayr’s and Spike cubed is better than Jesseth with Spike and either Nayr’s or SotC cubed for Masquerade builds. Masquerade is the ONLY Necro set that is superior to it’s LoD counterpart and Jesseth can not be used by LoD builds.

1 Like

i dunno, you seem confused. we were speaking in context of Masquerade specifically. Besides, in s21 SotC wasnt even used in the best Bone spear builds.

none of those get a new item that boosts them 10-15 tiers like Masquerade does. You seem hinged on LoD when the only decent LoD build left after the Trag nerf will be LoD mages, and that’s terrible for anything but 4man groups and T16, but Lance is faster and will dominate T16 in s22 since it will be so easy to get 100% uptime on Land of the dead, so that’s out the window too.

Jesseths is better. Using SotC in Masquerade allows you to cube Mort’s and what else? Reina’s? Trags? both less than wielding Jesseth and cubing Mort’s and SotC. Nyr’s? it trashes your ability bar to even be able to compete, you lose to much, what are you gonna give up, blood rush or curse, just to be equal to jesseth build? Not ahead, equal. I dont think you will see one player in the top 50 giving up Blood Rush just to have the same damage as jesseth.

:man_teacher:

You have severe issues, and are a low-level player. Jesseth’s makes no sense in any MOBC context, at all. It has no base damage on the offhand, offers the same 400% bonus as SOTC, and requires Command Skeletons. Please stop, you are condescending while being deranged and utterly wrong.

And no, nobody believes you have “other accounts” while you post on one account with blocked content. You just sound like a jerk.

6 Likes

base damage in offhand is minuscule, the net gain is worth it. what is the problem with taking Command skeletons?

why are you being so toxic? it’s hypocritical to insult people while you claim they have issues and are a jerk.

i proved you wrong mathematically and scientifically. Jesseth = more damage and no loss to survivability.
i have a lot of accounts. thinking of buying more tbqh, s22 is really looking fun i think im going to invite some new people to try it. I have 10 wow accounts and lots of blizzard balance and Christmas isnt far off and Shadowlands is delayed thankfully.

Another blocked one. Amazing that you have not been banned for spam yet. You proved no point btw, the bonus from a phylactery on a 1-handed weapon is not miniscule at all. Nobody agrees with you.

3 Likes

When you started this thread, where did it mention that it was about the Masquerade set ONLY? You titled it “Season 22 = only Jesseth Season” and stated that the Jesseth Set was the ONLY viable weapon for Necromancers to use and you asked to be proved wrong. I think that I proved you wrong since EVERY LoD build can not use that weapon set. Now if you were to change your thread title to “Jesseth set - Best in slot for Masquerade”, then I’d likely agree with you. The problem is that you are convinced of your superiority in this game (especially evident in some of your other threads) and that type of attitude can really turn other people to have negative responses to almost anything you say, even if it has merit.

3 Likes

Quoted for truth. The offhand damage bonus is VERY early in the damage calculation process and is before most, if not all, multipliers like set bonuses and the like.

2 Likes

I wish I could master the art of entering his account info into the browser to see his profiles. The first one has terrible stats.

1 Like

If the top performing build uses jesseth, everyone will start using that build or be left in the dust.

It’s not just Masquerade though you’ll find that jesseth is best on most set builds.

The only builds it doesnt apply to are LoD builds, in which are only used when they outperform the sets, and in this case it does not. LoD for necro literally got worse with the nerf coming to Trag scythe.

So you tell me, why would someone play a worse set that under performs unless they werent serious about maximizing potential.

That’s why Season 22 is only Jesseth season, but if you want to troll and play a weaker build just to say “im a snowflake” then you go girl. I still see some people playing Revives. Be different if you want, but this conversation is serious and you’ll only be considered if you act serious.

But you again have failed to show that any top builds use (on the PTR) or will (when the patch goes live) Jesseths. I looked on the US leaderboard…EVERY build is with SOTC. You are factually incorrect.

trying hard not to facepalm you.

we dont have the 4th cube slot yet.

But Reilena’s Shadowhook will be more productive in that 4th slot…as will Tragouls. The 200% buff is worth more when combined with the 400 or so damage from an ancient phylactery than Jesseth’s and having to use Command Skeletons.

You realize that Reservoir leads to an ENORMOUS Essence pool for Shadowhook yes?

Reilana’s will get you 330%, Nyr’s is probably the better choice over Reilana’s but you have to flood your bar with bad abilities and in the end you’re giving up Blood Rush.

I dont think you understand that Trag’s went from god tier to dumpster fire in one nerf.

A: I’m not trolling, I’m stating facts.
B: I’m not a girl, I’m a man
C: I’m probably not even playing Necro in season 22
D: I played Necro this season and basically only used Masquerade
E: I don’t push high and mostly solo so I’m not concerned with maximizing potential, i.e. I play builds that I like and that I find fun
F: I’m still not convinced that adding 11 to 12 GR’s to Masquerade will surpass LoD but if it does, excellent. I enjoyed playing Masquerade this season, especially early on with Sage set to get extra DB’s. I looked at the leaderboards in the US and the highest I saw for MoBC was in the high teens. Poison Scythe is in the high 140’s. If you add 12 to MoBC for the bracers and take away 7 from Poison Scythe for losing the extra Trag Fang bug triple damage, Poison Scythe STILL surpasses MoBC by 5 to 10 GR’s. Now when you factor in the 4th cube slot, ALL Necro build will get a boost in power since Necro weapons have high damage multipliers. Poison Scythe will likely go with Shadowhook (extra potent due to permanent Simulacrums) which is about a 4.3x multiplier and MoBC will get an additional 5x from SotC in cube (equipping Jesseth) so it will close the gap a bit, but I still think Poison Scythe is still top dog. We will see when the 2nd phase of the ptr goes live.

1 Like

To get a 5x multiplier with Nayr’s you only need 4 poison skills, Bone Armor Dislocation (needed for SotC and it procs Krysbin’s), Blighted Marrow, a poison generator like Bone Spikes (good at range) and 1 other, which leaves Blood Rush and Simulacrum. If you forego Blood Rush, you can have a 6x multiplier alongside Maltorius 8x multiplier but it restricts your mobility.

It will effectively lose a 3x multiplier which is a 7GR drop. Going from high 140’s in season to low 140’s is not going from “God Tier to Dumpster fire”. Plus while it loses a 3x multiplier, it will gain a 4.3x multiplier so 150 should be well within it’s power. Adding a 6x to MoBC and an additional 5x to MoBC will add about 21 GR’s to it’s capability. I’ve mostly seen high hundred teens in season for MoBC so it should be high 130’s, maybe low 140’s in season 22.

2 Likes

Your point about Nayrs is well taken. If you use Blighted Marrow and a poison generator plus Dislocation, you really only need 1 skill. Though what about a curse? You need to apply a curse to get Dayntees and to get the other 2 from Cursed Form.

I just finished a thorough round of meticulous testing, and I dont think the top passes are even going to use SotC at all. The most efficient setup with Masquerade is showing to be Jesseth equiped + Morts-Reilana cubed.

Command Skeletons synergizes so well with this build it’s literally like Peanut Butter and Jelly. It was meant to be. You people have no idea how good Command skelies is with this set. Eventually you will, but you’re not visionaries like me.

Right… visionary.

Tell you what? In 2 weeks, we will revisit this. Somebody will be right.

2 Likes

You can wear sotc and cube nayrs instead.

1 Like

Never go full pepega.