Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

Not quite yet, they announced it but said it will be up later this afternoon (next couple hours).

Edit: I will be cleaning up the OP and updating with the new changes later.

1 Like

Not sure when it started, but patching now.

1 Like

I can already tell this is sooo much more enjoyable to play. Did gr100 in 3:42 with 20k mainstat.

The 4piece isn’t giving me stacks or proccing fnr, which I kinda thought it would. It doesn’t bother me much since it’s the easier to get full stacks now than it had been.

3 Likes

PTR updated

• New Demon Hunter Set: Gears of Dreadlands

Developer’s Note: We’ve adjusted the 2-Piece Bonus to address the Momentum and damage feedback from players. Momentum will now be a singular buff that affects all Primary skills. You will now be able to use multiple generators without losing the Momentum bonus when alternating between them. The 2-piece bonus will now also give 4 seconds per Primary attack, up to a maximum of 20 seconds. Momentum will also now be applied immediately when using a Primary Skill, instead of when it hits a target. These changes should help with damage output and allow for an easier time when building and maintaining Momentum.

• 2-Piece Bonus
    • Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum. Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.

Developer’s Note: We’ve fixed a few issues on the 4-Piece Bonus. Players will now be able to proc bonuses and other powers such as Simplicity’s Strength’s healing bonus from their Primary skills coming from Strafe. You will now also be able to Strafe forever while shooting Primary abilities as you will no longer need Momentum for Strafe to fire off the last used Primary skill. Lastly, we’ve fixed an issue where Hungering Arrow was not piercing correctly when used with Strafe so players will be able to use this with the 4-Piece Bonus reliably.

• 4-Piece Bonus
    • Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you move faster per stack of Momentum gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
  • 6-Piece Bonus
    • Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage

Set is Still Stash Only and not actually High GR viable

115 in 14:58 with mediocre gear, no augs, and level 100 gems. Not junk, but definitely better for speed farming than pushing.

1 Like

Just did a 125 with 3k paragon (20k main stat), 130 gems or so, 7/13 augments. I can share my build later but there is more to test!

7 Likes

Tried the updated set using Dawn, Ninth Cirri and echoing fury.
Skill used is HA Scatter shot.
Not the highest damage but is quite a hilarious and fun game play.
The drain to hatred while strafing when echoing fury is active is just as hilarious.
I hope they increase primary attack speed into the set or add a legendary bonus for HA attack speed into a hand crossbow.
Increase hatred regen per shot would be an added bonus.

My experience so far with resource generation is that when I’m killing things too fast, I run out of hatred. I already found my bounty build, and it uses serrated arrow (fire), night stalker, and seethe. That’s the only way I can keep hatred up in T16. Damage still wrecks everything, even without cold rune.

1 Like

BUMP MASSIVE UPDATE TO THE THREAD!

Please check out the new format and new findings!

9 Likes

Rank 1 on ptr right now has Valla’s Bequest cubed. What’s that about? :face_with_monocle:

That’s new, Valla’s Bequest didn’t work on strafe primaries in last PTR. Does it work now?

The 6 piece still needs to be higher because right now N6G4 is outperforming the G6 as well as offering a massive boost to damage mitigation.

Sounds like you guys need a 20k multiplier on the six piece and you’re ready to roll.

5 Likes

thank you so much for the changes you’ve implemented! the set mechanics feel way more fluid now.

that being said, at paragon level 1500+, with primal ancient weapon and most gear pieces besides that being primal/ancient with gems broken into them for increased dexterity, greater rift 100 is unbeatable. ive tried hungering arrow, bolas, and grenades. ive tried with focus/restraint, and elusive/COE rings. i even tried a Nats/Dread hybrid build with elusive/Nats ring, to try out the 14000% damage. nothing outputs enough dps to really pound through it. ive tried with visage in cube, depth diggers in cube, lots of different variations of the set.

through all my attempts ive found a few things i believe to be true.

1. hungering arrow is the only primary skill worth anything. this confuses me. the increased damage percent is less than grenades augmented by hellcat waistguard, yet i can strafe around chucking grenades everywhere with no effect. it makes me wonder if grenades are working correctly.

2. the overall damage buff of the set is too low. 10000% damage increase seems to be pretty lack luster honestly. yes, with focus/restraint, depth diggers, hunter’s wrath, and for this example, the ninth satchel, the damage is excellent for torment 16 with 1500 paragon levels and mostly ancient/primal gear, but the defense begins to suffer when you are forced to sustain in a longer fight. additional dps would be a quick way to effectively increase defense through superior firepower.

3. a continuation of #2 honestly. ive found that without focus/restraint, but running 6 Nats/4 Dread is comparable in dps to full dread, but far superior in defense. same problem however. at greater rift 100, i can live forever, but i have no real dps.

in conclusion, im really digging the feel of the set, and you guys are doing a good job of making it better. i think it could be hugely fun and able to do greater rift 130, given enough time invested in gearing and paragon levels, if the following changes were implimented:

1. the 2 piece bonus seems to work nice now, you power up strategically to 20 stack and strafe around slowly speeding down over time. knowing you will have to find a time to recharge your speed from a safe place. i think this is very playable as is.

2. i think the 4 piece bonus needs something like 1000% increase to strafe , maybe a 2-4% attack speed buff per second of momentum.

3. that 10000% damage simply needs to be buffed, and it needs to include strafe in its damage buff. with Nats at 14000%, UE at 21000% @ 60 discipline, and marauders at 60000% with 5 sentries out, 10000% seems painfully low. im not going to say i know how much more % damage needs to be added, but somewhere around double sounds like it might be reasonable.

thats my 2 cents for what its worth.

3 Likes

@adjudication, no offense mate, but you must be doing something wrong… I am only paragon 800 in seasonal PTR, and I just easily did a GR105 with GOD. Just try the builds at the top of the seasonal PTR ladder.

1 Like

Just ran a few and hit a 115 in 10:31 @ 2364 para, hair under 21k Dex, all ancient (except Squirt neck), a few primals and only a handful of 100 augs, gems at 115 (zei/bott) but only a 100 simplicity, only AD from paragon.

however, i ran dual wield with Dawn and Fortress with Cirri cubed. I’m not proficient or dexterous enough yet (ever?) to properly weave in Entangling shots so cubing Odyssey wasn’t a huge help (massively failed 115 with it cubed and Dawn/Cirri equipped), but Fortress helped with a lot of toughness issues - I could stand in fatty bombs no problem - only died 1x when I tried to see if I could tank Vesalius’ projectiles at the end.

granted, it’ll be a while to get all that gear the same or close to it, but all in all I do like the new set. Still think it will need a damage buff to be on par with others…

1 Like

Since the PTR update, Strafe won’t proc Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Not all effects of Primaries are procced by Strafe-fired Primaries, it’s quite inconsistent and hard to know what we will get.

But the changes done are welcome.

That sounds like a bug since Strafe is a hatred spender. Have you tested without using the GoD set?

Much much smoother gameplay now and more manageable. Just the sort of update I was expecting, and does work for it. Just wish it was more unique.

Now it just needs a numbers push, and my idea would be a 20,000% 6p should do the trick. I would suggest the 6p increased to a bit higher to hit the level of other sets, but I do feel it might not be needed as the set has some decent perks that propels it forward.

Bolas thou I feel is a tad underwhelming, they need about 100% more on one of the items. Great for speeds but really lackluster in any other situation.

1 Like