Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

bolas just group whole screen in a single spot, not a chance they will aply hunger arrow damage to bolas, i believe the reason to aply those improvements on bolas stuff was to make suports or multiple primary atacks on the build, main damage bolas wont work, and sincerely if bolas were doing hunger arrow damage there would be no chalenge at all to hunters. But a buff on that 10000% will be well recieved

1 Like

I don’t have that much time for testing all the stuff atm, but that one concerned me a lot. :wink:

However, I cannot confirm this. G2 gives 200% more damage, both for actual primary attacks and for autocast primaries.
// Edit: 200% more damage, not 300% ;-).

My “base damage” on my test char is 3304 damage per HA, with full stacks I get ~9900 damage per HA. Not exactly the calculated maximum of actual x3 the damage, but a tiny bit less due to only 2.95 seconds (or whatever) of Momentum when the attack hits.

Possible explanation for your observation: Momentum is now applied before the first hit. Therefore, even the very first attack is already buffed by almost 40% (= 4 seconds of Momentum, less a tiny fraction of a second). This result in damage difference between “no stacks” and “20 stacks” of only a little bit more than “double damage”.

But G2 is not bugged, it works as intended. :bow_and_arrow:

4 Likes

Yes, that could indeed be the case. I can test tomorrow by using gear with similar stats and not having the GoD set equipped at all to ensure 0 momentum.

Edit: the most puzzling mystery is how many strafe primaries the GoD 4-piece set fires per second. Strafe appears to snapshot some fixed number 3-5 of primaries per second. Dieoxide and I tested it and you should be able to see it towards the end of his twitch stream today as a VoD.

3 Likes

Updated information on some of the bugs and suggestions.

After playing around with this set for a bit, I have to say that I do not like how this set plays. The DH already has enough sets that require you to constantly switch back and forth between skills, why is this one following the same suit? All this set needs IMO is to have the primary skills shot while strafing reset the duration of whatever your momentum buff is. That way, only manually fired primaries will increase the buff, but not required to maintain it.

Rapid fire and S6 impale are still available if you don’t like the idea of pressing more than one button for offense.

You can also just run HA if you want with GoD6. You don’t “have” to switch skills if you don’t want to.

That is not a true statement with the state the set is in at the moment. To keep up your momentum stacks you have to at minimum manually fire a primary skill once every two seconds. To keep it up at max stacks constantly, you have to stop and fire every single second. I wouldn’t mind having to do this IF there are no enemies to shoot, but forcing me to do that constantly for the entire time I would be using this set? No thanks, especially when to take into account stopping for anything such as picking up loot.

Actually, it’s once every 4 seconds to refresh back to max. You’ll take a little damage hit if you do that versus attempting to refresh earlier, but it’s certainly possible do that and breeze through most content and GR’s.

The way you describe this is as if you have to keep up with 5 buttons in a strict rotation. You hold down one button (strafe) and you have a second button to hit every now and then to refresh several buffs. That’s it.

Sure, it’s not super easy like ww/rend, but it’s not exactly rocket science either with an additional button press.

That’s the point though isn’t it? This is obviously a DH version of a WW Barb. And the change to WW that made the set amazing was taking away the need to stop and cast Rend manually. (and adding items that boosted rend, but that’s not the point) Same Idea here. Even if you only use HA and Strafe, there is no reason to have to manually maintain the momentum stack that should be able to be automatically maintained once gained with the skill that is the focus of the set. Even if you get 4 stacks of momentum per manual shot, that is not optimal is it? You still lose one stack per second, hence the need to manually maintain it every single second. (Which ties back into my statement of switching between skills back and forth even if it’s just between HA and strafe)

Perhaps add something about the GoD 4pc bonus not having any buff indicator. It’s pretty dumb how you can lose that essential damage reduction without noticing it until you’re dead.

It’s not, though. Strafe is used for positioning, not damage.

Another post about ‘WW DH’…so you’d rather just have another S6/UE6/M6/LoD/N6 playstyle? Guess what, you can still play it that way, Pretend Strafe is Vault.

My post is actually about a design mechanic that would make the set easier to play, not that it’s a WW clone, but since it was mentioned, I responded to it.

No, it’s not.

Originally when the PTR first came out, we thought this was the case due to the ambiguous wording. When it dropped, we found out it wasn’t like WW at all and many people complained (rightfully so, the wording lead to misconceptions and false hopes).

When they dropped the new PTR patch, they made the mechanics much easier to play and more fluid, but it still did not play exactly like WW. At this point it’s safe to say the devs did not want another WW for DH, otherwise they would have done it with this past update.

They already made it easier to play from the first version. Primaries refresh stacks for longer momentum. Primaries also now share momentum stacks instead of alternating. Strafing primaries now pierce correctly with the NCS quiver and they proc AD, life leech, etc, giving you a reason to stay in strafe longer. You can now literally spin to win in lower content, bounties and T16.

Despite all of these changes they made to make the set mechanically easier and fluid to play, you want them to go even further, suggesting that instead of having to utilize 2 of the 6 buttons on your action bar for the set to work, it should be just 1.

P.S. WW/Rend in higher GR’s you have to manually cast rend to get the most out of the set, requiring you to also push 2 buttons to make that work in higher GR’s, which is the same amount of buttons as GoD6. You don’t seem to be bothered by that.

1 Like

Guys. Am I right to assume that Hunter’s Wrath is only used for the 200% bonus to primary attacks, and not because of the 30% faster thingy (since it doesn’t appear to affect the primary shot via strafe)? Correct me if I’m wrong though…

If so, can I maybe petition Bliz to incorporate that belt dmg bonus into the set, so we can possibly use Cap Crimson with GoD to mitigate some of the toughness issues the set is currently facing.

For the most part that is correct. For those that cube echoing fury and play it up close, that 30% attack speed does matter to them.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this at all.

1 Like

I am not asking for it to be just like WW, but since the design of the set is to constantly be strafing, should that not be the focus? What is so wrong with making it easier to keep up the set buff? it’s like you guys want it to be difficult on purpose.

Also, regardless of what they did to make it “easier” already, the wording of the set indicates that each stack should last 4 seconds, not give 4 stacks per shot that last 1 second each. Then the second half of the 2 piece says something about it being per second which contradicts the first half.

So, regardless of anything that has been mentioned since my original post, my point still stands that to maintain optimal gameplay, you are STILL forced to manually fire a primary skill once per second. I find that to be an unnecessary level of maintenance.

Try Mirinae if you are using entangling shot for some survival. It procs like crazy, and the heal is nice.

Not good for damage on G6, but adds up quickly on N6G4.

I also saw some crazy fast hits when I tried Moonlight Ward as well. The Arcane stat may be dead, but it rolls damage numbers faster than anything I’ve seen. With momentum and Echoing Fury proc wearing N6G4, it was doing a ton of damage in packs.

But you said

So ya, i am a little confused.

Most play styles ive seen have you strafing more than you’re using your generator. I agree the wording on the set could have been better, but the set itself is not difficult. On it’s base level, it’s really easy to pick up and play.

If you want to go high with it, then it does require some work out of you. The higher you want to go, the more effort is required. Nothing wrong with that.

No, it doesn’t. It says “Gain 4 seconds of momentum when attacking with a primary skill”. This means you shoot a primary, you gain 4 stacks. No where does it say that those momentum stacks last 4 seconds.

Same with WW, the very thing you compare it to. For optimal results, you have to manually cast rend, like you have to manually cast a primary. Literally the same amount of effort.

I said it’s a DH version of WW. That means same idea, different take. Not that it is or should be exactly like WW.

Unlike WW, however, you are not forced to use rend every second just to keep up your damage and speed. If that were the case, I wouldn’t play WW either.

I’m tired of trying to get my point across so i’ll leave this last suggestion: either the buff needs to last 4 seconds each stack like the description would suggest, or the duration of the buff you already built up needs to be refreshed with each hit of a strafe fired primary hit. (ex: if you have 19 stacks, it will refresh that stack count, not bring it up to 20) That would still require the player to build up the stacks manually initially and during low density areas, but free up attention from high density fights where your attention should be.

That is why I don’t play high maintenance builds, because I am so focused on trying to keep up my build that I am not focused on what is actually happening. Some people might be able to focus on both, but for players that can’t or just don’t like it, sets like this are just not fun.

1 Like