Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

Yep, same here. DH is my favorite class, but i’m afraid it is going to be permanently the “only for speedfarming” class. Really a shame…

1 Like

I would like to set the momentum stacks to 20sec and up the 6 piece bonus to 30k(or tripple the bonus) % while strafing. Just saw a stream where this guys was standing still more often than strafing , that cant be right…

2 Likes

Has anyone tested whether the primaries fired from the 4p can proc things other than AD? For instance the Mirinae gem? I’d be interested to know if strafe-fired entangling shots still have a 100% proc coefficient; it might make an N6G4 Mirinae build viable.

Another test fail
Simplicity’s strenght second bonus the “healing” is not working for primaries cast from strafe.

1 Like

Unfortunately you’d need much bigger multipliers to consider proc gems and the lost of an overall damage gem.

We also don’t have “holy” cycle with CoE, nor can we roll holy damage to attempt to take advantage of a Mirinae gem.

Yeah I know it wouldn’t be the meta push build, but it might be good enough for T16. The new SoJ should make the inability to roll holy on items irrelevant and with the new Odyssey’s End + N6 + MoC/HPoMY, I’m getting upwards of 600B per proc in the planner. If Strafe fires ES off at a decent rate and it triggers on 15% of all hits, that should be plenty for speed T16/low-GRs. I plan on testing it myself, but right now I’m messing around on the new Necro first.

You’re right soj doesn’t prevent you from rolling holy dmg on gear in general but here is the thing. Why would you go through the hassle of testing a new set that would be intended to perform well on high GR’s just to be able to run T16 while you have a ton of builds with other sets that you already can do that and also this new set has proven to be more than viable to clear any T16 content with ease?

This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone cares about running high GRs. Personally, I much prefer making unusual builds that can perform T16 (or whatever the highest normal rift difficulty is if it gets increased again) over playing the exact same cookie cutter build as literally everyone else and running some high GR number. It is why I spent hundreds of hours trying to create a Death’s Bargain build for my Necro that could handle T16. It is my personal endgame, because chasing some arbitrary paragon value or leaderboard slot doesn’t interest me.

But rest assured, I am not advocating for changes based around my goals. I understand that for 99% of the playerbase, if the set can’t push GR 130+ it is DoA. I was merely curious if anyone had tested the interaction yet as it looked interesting to me.

1 Like

I agree it doesn’t have to be competing for the top DH GR pushing set. The problem is even someone like Wudijo was having a hard time doing 100-115. That’s 20-30 levels behind the top sets, so it for sure needs a buff.

That being said, doing T16 with this set is a blast. With an Echoing Fury cubed you can actually clear areas super fast.

2 Likes

As it stands now this set fits nowhere. Is it a Speed set? No you pause to shoot and its to klunky. Is it a push set? No its too weak.

Leviathan posted a vid on the results they found when testing the GoD.

Has anyone tried this build yet at lower paragon? He’s basically skipping trash and just targeting elites.

1 Like

I am playing are more defensive version of this at P2400 (but 1200 points not assigned). I use Fortress/Dawn/Cirri and double Unity at GR95+. So yes, something like that is possible with lower Paragon. :bow_and_arrow:

@Iria and others: Thank you for testing all this! Great work!

There may have been some confusion around what you originally were asking. What you said first was:

When you mention viable, the common conception here is whether or not it will be competitive in a GR environment.

We know now that you meant T16 rifts, which is definitely different and where the misunderstanding happened. Most setups that can move rather quickly would work for T16, so yes what you suggested would be fine. In that case, i believe most things would die before you’d get Mirinae procs to happen as often as you may like.

I use to love running that gem with immolation arrow before they nerfed the proc rate on that skill.

Ahh, I see what you mean. My apologies for the confusion, and thanks for your explanations and assistance. I will endeavor to be more specific in my language in the future. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’ll have to watch the videos posted in this thread, but doing some testing of the gears set, I did 110 with simulated 1500 paragon. 3 Primals. Pants, Fortress Balista, and Wraps of Clarity.

Threw a 111 Augment on the pants. The Bracers already had it. A 106 Augment on the Fortress Balista, an ancient Helm, shoulders, and Cirri quiver.

Simulated 1500 paragon and it completed it in about 12 and half minutes.

First, I tested the way I wanted to play it on UE. Then started working on Gears.

Stacked Attack Speed to build up Momentum stacks and keep them pretty much stacked after Strafing for BoW buff.

Dawn, Depth Diggers, and CoE in the cube.

Pretty much it did the same as my UE with Captain Crimson’s and the Gizzard Build if I ran with the same paragon.

My conclusion is the set works okay, just needs a bigger 6 piece multiplier which I’m almost certain it will get before PTR ends.

It’s unfortunate that it doesn’t play like folks expected it too, but it isn’t broken, as in unplayable, by any means.

In fact, I kinda dig using Strafe for mobility slotting Smoke Screen Displacement and Tactical Advantage so I get a huge speed boost thanks to Momentum Stacks.

All in all, it was kinda fun. I look forward to the last iteration with a bigger six piece bonus.

2 Likes

Can you double check this on single target? I don’t the 4 pieces proced Hungering Arrow pierce on single target. If it pierce, it should be able to turn back, but it’s not.

I’ll get it verified as I didn’t check this one but someone else did.

It does pierce on single target, but it’s not guaranteed while strafing. It’s almost as if the NCS quiver’s piercing effect isn’t happening, but rather the base 35% of HA. It’s the same way if you do the test with buriza instead.

Could record it if need be to see why the funky interaction.

EDIT: Btw, Need you to get on at some point. Somethings wonky about Leonine’s pull and AD.

Agreed. I should have said " it is not always piercing".

1 Like