Season 20 theme - Ideas!

Stop supporting Blizzard/Activision. They don’t care about there community nor do they care about there player base let alone gamer’s as a whole. their target audience isn’t gamer’s anymore. They show us 0 respect and cant put out a good game to save there lives. Blizzard as we know it is dead. and has adapted the Activision predatory business model. d3 has always had itemization issues which is why no one plays this game anymore Just like they Killed Retail wow and messed up classic and lets not forget the WC3 Reforged disaster. Sadly they wont listen to your PTR feedback They don’t care. They don’t even care about there own employees IE developers, GMs, All of them. J. Allen Brack has ruined this company and continues to do so. I for one wont every buy another blizzard game after WC3 Reforge and for me personally It will take ALOT to earn my business ever again Diablo4 mark my words will suffer from the same itemization issues and piss poor gameplay that Diablo 3 suffers from. and that is there only saving grace at this point. If D4 flops which it will. The gaming industry is a whole is terrible and needs another crash like back in the 80s. games are now over monitized to the point even the devs dont have passion to make games anymore and it shows in EVERY modern game. These companies dont give a damn about you Only your wallet.

3 Likes

Devs said (in the article about patch 2.6.8) this:

Developer’s Note: As we outlined in our Developer Insight blog, we want to continue to get creative (and maybe a little crazy) with the Season Themes and powers we add to the game. We heard from some players that they preferred themes that made your character directly feel more powerful rather than needing to focus on the environment around you. If that describes you, then the Season of Forbidden Archives should be right up your alley, and we’re really interested to see how this changes the game for Season 20.

The theme of season 20 is about the power of hero instead of the power of environment in the season 19 (the two themes for two different groups of players) + they provided words “creative” / “power” / “little crazy”, so that I still think that the theme of season 20 MUST have the SAME power as the theme of season 19 (not much more less).

About 9 slots - in the second post of the thread I linked, the appropriate solution is already suggested: just 3 Cubes. So no problems you are talking about at all.

Why 9 slots? Because at first you will choose all useful slots and only after that you will choose the any variations of items that do not provide power at all (due to the limited number of such items - the thing that is forgotten by ones who think that each slot of 9 will provide great power) and which is not used usually.

Nope. The theme of season is just for fun.
It should not learn anything, especially in NS.

1 Like

you’re right, it’s not about new players learning anything but at this state the season theme isn’t fun either, for most builds it doesn’t change anything (or very little, except when you’re a necro…)

it would have been an ok idea if d3 had enough balanced supporting legendaries, more than just 1 for each slot, you know like we would have a choice what items to wear instead “oh there is just this one bracer with 500% dmg nothing else”

2 Likes

I’ve actually had quite a lot of fun already, theorycrafting and playing both new and old builds, made possible for wizard alone!

This theme more than ever feels like it has unlocked the hidden potential that certain builds were missing (or just out of reach). Other hybrid combinations that were not possible before now are (even if these are not the most optimal).

I will agree that RoRG locked set builds seems to benefit less from the archives power.

However, I think if more players tried to make use of the theme and realized it’s potential, rather than putting in all efforts to change or dismantle it, as a whole we would be less maligned about the choice of theme.

I don’t mean we should stop putting in ideas and suggestions, I simply mean perhaps examine what is made possible with the theme more closely before dismissing it as completely inadequate.

I thank you for your opinion but this thread is for ideas on how to improve season 20 theme. Feel free to post any ideas you come up with.

1 Like

Wow. :hushed: :bowing_man: My apologies. I was not aware that ideas were a requirement.

Already posted on QoL above. Had the RoRG idea as well before finding this thread, but it was already posted.

Since these ideas are inadequate, and opinion is taboo, I will strive to do better.

• Allow the player to cube 2 piece set bonuses (1 cube slot required) or 4 piece bonuses (2 cube slots required).
  • First cube slot increases effectiveness of the cubed item by x%.
  • All players can now weild two handed weapons in one handed weapon slots. Attack speed of two handed weapons increased by 50%.
  • Gain all Shrine bonuses permanently, and for free.
  • Choose two options out of every paragon category that you would like effectiveness quintupled (excludes main stat).
  • The effectiveness of your chosen passives are increased by x% (possibly doubled).
  • Additional cube slot.
  • Additional skill slot.
  • Additional gem slot.
2 Likes

Adding RROG is a reasonable request since that was a previous theme.

Here are two ideas for theory crafting:

1. 2x stack RROG for mixing set bonuses
  2. 50% cool down buff
1 Like

WOW, along with opening up 6 cube slots for the LoD builds and I would never want the season to end!!! I am reading so many great ideas in this post! All I can do is hope that the community manager relays all this information/ideas to the Devs!

2 Likes

So many great ideas here, wonder if the Devs are looking into some of this ideas or how can we be sure they consider the opinion of players that are active in the game and want to help improving it.

1 Like

Or 50% damage reduction when using two weapons in the cube

1 Like

anyone that thinks being able to use dual weapons in cube isnt extremely strong is fooling themselves. 3 is just amazing. I know monks for instance, have 3+ weapons that can work together.

Well, I just finished reading the updated patch notes and… I understand PTR still has a week to go but I am not feeling nearly as positive as I did when I created this topic, first ever and probably last, but I tried!

Thank you all for your time and effort, and many amazing ideas!

I do want to ask everyone, almost created a new topic just for this one question but I felt it wouldn’t be worth it…

Who’s feedback are they reading!!!

2 Likes

I am sure they read all the feedback they can. Even if these ideas don’t inspire change now, it is possible they could be used as part of future themes.

What if you add every class specific “go to” ring as passive. In addition to the current season theme.

For example:
WD gets ring of emptiness
Wiz gets halo of karini
And so on.

It might even be an item that every spec will use in cupe or equipped. The theme would then give a little extra freedom.

Br Fredrik

1 Like