Season 20 theme - Ideas!

I posted last night for the first time on these forums because I feel this strongly about the topic. I will keep this short but I feel the more people that respond to this the better the chance that the developers will address the issue. It has been previously stated that the season 20 theme is rather lackluster. I will not degrade the idea that the developers decided on, but I will ask the community for feedback/ideas on how they could improve it. I have read several great ideas throughout other post but I feel if we consolidate them into one post it will be easier for the devs to focus their attention and possibly address the issue. Thank you all and lets get creative on this topic!

11 Likes

I agree. Almost every build in this game was developed with the idea of having one of each item type used, not stacking like item types. There is no real buff. There will inevitably be someone who spends tons of time playing around with cube items that will find a combination that is a little better, but considering most players at this point have TONS of more paragon non-season than season, there is little incentive to play S20 other than to get a new pet. Since I have 50 pets and can only use 1 at a time, why bother?

6 Likes

One feature that can be helpful i think is to have and extra slot on the cube to fit another item skill and then that way make a combination that can benefit the builds.

11 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. An extra slot on the cube would really make a big difference. I don’t see how much we can change the status quo in the cube without sacrificing too much of either toughness or damage.

10 Likes

I have been thinking of creative ideas to improve the season theme, both practical and impractical and I have a few ideas to share.

Impractical - double the amount of slots in the cube. Albeit, a ton of fun might be too much from devs perspective, also probably not easily implemented.

Practical - why not revisit an old season theme and combine them, for instance RoRG theme with cube unlocked. Shouldn’t be too difficult to implement. It was stated that the intent of this theme is for theory crafting and this idea would open up far more possibilities than just 3 unlocked cube slots.

I do like the idea of a 4th cube slot as well. Thank you all for you ideas and keep the creativity flowing!

11 Likes

I think the extra slot would be ideal, Rorg with cube unlocked now were talking i like that.

12 Likes

After season 19 being an absolute blockbuster season. Your right season 20 seems lacking. I agree.

7 Likes

If they can’t tweak the current S20 lackluster theme, then they should add RoRG and Triune into this season to spice things up.

Season 20: S20 Kanai Cube+ Free RoRG+Triune.

6 Likes

What if cubes items applied set bonuses? As in if you have 1 piece from a set in the cube, then you only need to wear 5 and you can use two different set pieces for any particular slot. This with the ring that reduces set pieces by one, you might even be able to have two full sets (haven’t done the math so not sure)

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any theory crafting yet for season 20, but since most builds require multiple items for a build im not sure how much this season theme helps. Id also like to see something more than just unlocked cube. Seems pretty boring.

4 Likes

Yes indeed, this might be often the case and people notice that so this is one of the core reasons why this feature is very boring.

They could have one more slot for a legendary power and one for legendary gem. Only one additional legendary power slot won’t make it very fun anyways. Even an additional gem sound kinda meh to me t least but it’s slightly more diversity.

Or like some suggested an additional RoRG in the theme. Maybe 4 cube slots + RoRG?

This I would like :slight_smile:

Now this sounds much more fun. Only TRIUNE should maybe have better duration and AoE or something, there were a lot of complains that 90% of the time you don’t benefit from the buff since it’s very difficult to be standing in one spot. Especially in higher GR’s. It’s even worse for moving builds.

Yes, indeed. It currently is. Well there is already enough feedback and there is a post where OP has probably 800 like if not more to change the theme. SO they know for sure that their theme is meh. Let’s see what they do.

3 Likes

Well the thing is atm whit cube unlocked as it is only 1-2 builds can benefit it like rats they get even more powerful but most builds will get 0 benefit from it because theyr cube spots are allready locked anyway.

5 Likes

I will only play Season if they give a new stash tab even if the theme super suck!

As it is, I can’t possible farm and store the new sets.

2 Likes

Congrats on losing your forum virginity…

2 Likes

I would like to open the possibility to wear 2 sets of 6 pieces at the same time.

That would be crazy and funny for teory building, It would open new possibilities

2 Likes

I concur that the cube is a good concept for a theme however it is too one dimensional in application. What should be done is what I have been suggesting for years now: enable multiple item types from each category to be equipped at the same time e.g.: 5 jewellery items; 5 armour items, 5 weapon items making a total of 15 items equipped in the cube at any given time. It would be best to enable + 1-3 per season rewarded from completing the season journey. This would increase season participation and create many more diverse builds and see the end of what is now traditional META.

2 Likes

I would be happy now if they just fixed the server lag. Last night, while playing a GR110, it was unplayable had to ALT F4.

I know we get all antsy when we don’t get the buffs were looking for but basic playability and getting rid of all the botters should be one of the highest priorities. thanks
Like the idea of a 4th cube slot though and some extra stash is always good. How about two rerolls on each item this season?

4 Likes

I feel you on the lag issue. The two reroll idea could be directly linked to another past season theme, double bounties which again I think is a great idea to link season themes together.

I saw two other ideas from post I previously read.

1. Weekly cycles of bonuses - double bounty mats, double goblins… anything to spice it up

2. Give character bonuses per chapter unlocked on season journey - 10% CHC, 10% RCR, 10% atk spd, etc.

Just ideas to kick around. Thank you all for your ideas. I sincerely hope the developers understand how the community feels and make the necessary adjustments. I do appreciate their recent efforts and improvement on communication.

6 Likes

Just like in D2… interesting!

2 Likes

I would like to see multi-socketed weapons and more legendary gems to socket in them. The lag needs to be fixed on AD and we all need stash tabs to store all the new sets or we need the armory to store the gear for each build type we make.

3 Likes