Season 20 start date

Are you sure you calculated correctly? PTR started on 6 February, so if you add 2+2+1= 5 weeks you reach 12 March (i.e. 13 March start)…

I am figuring that they will tell us end of season is coming during the PTR.

The PTR will run until 20th, then S19 possibly ends on 23rd, then patch release on 25th (assuming they can fix all leftover bugs and make other necessary changes by then), so in theory 28th day is a possible start date for S20. However I think March 6th is more likely.

We’ll see eventually.

1 Like

Read somewhere according to speculations season 20 might start late march early April. That makes season 19 a 4month long sesaon I guess.

The communities for the last month show a significant drop in activity. Where there was 300 participating there is 50 now. Seasonal play represents a huge increase of activity as people try out whats new and keep amused for so long. After this many seasons you just can’t maintain interest for months like you did with earlier seasons unless Blizzard starts changing many old builds. . :wink:

I saw that too but these speculations were not backed up by an reliable info, so it is highly unlikely that S20 starts this late. Realistically the start date will be 6 March or 13 March.

Yeah I agree with your logic.

Yep, agreed! March 6th is a good starting date.

Why does it even matter? The end result will be exactly the same complaints as any other topic on this form. The mute ban bug will most likely happen again. Even though it can be fixed, Blizzard won’t, then hide behind we are working on it. In the mean time, people will complain about BOTS and no ban wave instead of petitioning to remove the leaderboard which is the actual problem at this point. The problem isn’t the bots, the problem is the Leaderboard people seem to not get that bots don’t really matter because it would still be unbalanced anyway. Only reason people complain about the bots is BECAUSE of the leaderboard, it lets people see the activity and then use thst to complain and it’s the same crap every season.

Remove the Leaderboard for next season, and either remove general chat, or just remove the report feature people are using to abuse to maliciously attack players.

Do all that and people will barely have anything to complain about.

Can I have £5 each way on “15th October 2023” please?

Happy now?

What does any of this have to do with Season 20 start date? Did you get lost?

1 Like

It was a weird transition of topics, thanks for the edit. :wink:

Just a FYI on how the PTR is going, which effects season start date guesses

February 29th. How could they pass up that possibility?

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well spotted… 13 March start date seems more and more likely at this point

as of today the soonest the season can end is 3/1 (14 day notice and season typically end on sundays). which means 3/6 is earliest S20 can start.
They screw around and keep pushing themselves back and get into the windows of other ARPGs season launches and all it does is hurt us the players. If they had been able to get this season out in 3 months like they should have (so a 2/21-28 launch) they would have been a couple weeks removed from Wolcen’s launch and 2-3 weeks ahead of PoE, a nice little window of their own.
instead they are going to either start the same time or within a week of PoE most likely.
Haters and/or fanboys aside people that play both games are hurt by this and in turn the companies are hurt by this. For me the silver lining is it only takes 2-3 days to finish a season journey for me.

You can cross off the 28th/Feb as a start date since they have not announced the end of the season.

Now Nev is correcting it to March 1st.

Looks like my guess is going to end up right… new patch will drop on the 3rd and season 20 will start on the 6th. GG