Season 20 start date

People it’s time to place your bets! Will season 20 start on 28 February, 6 March or 13 March?

I’m thinking the longer ptr and set problems will cause them to start later, so 13 Mar.

Nah, just kidding. It’ll start 28 Feb with a bunch of bugs remaining.

2 Likes

I have a gut feeling for start of march

Ends the Sunday 23rd, starts Friday 28th. PST time - California

Place your bets. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope you are right! But I am afraid they will take their time and start on 13 March…

Deffinetely 13 march. What do you wanna bet on?

2.6.7 PTR was slightly more than a 1 week PTR when they introduced the barb changes, new crusader and monk builds. This time with 2.6.8 PTR they are introducing barb, WD, and wizard builds, but at least 2 weeks time to determine all feedback and bugs. So the odds suggest they made provision for being able to find the main bugs issue a 2nd PTR patch if needed as they have done sometimes.

They said this PTR was going to be longer than past PTR’s. So they will for sure go at least 2 weeks.

2 week PTR, 2 week notice to end of season. 1 week before new season start. … My guess is March 6th

1 Like

Are you sure you calculated correctly? PTR started on 6 February, so if you add 2+2+1= 5 weeks you reach 12 March (i.e. 13 March start)…

I am figuring that they will tell us end of season is coming during the PTR.

The PTR will run until 20th, then S19 possibly ends on 23rd, then patch release on 25th (assuming they can fix all leftover bugs and make other necessary changes by then), so in theory 28th day is a possible start date for S20. However I think March 6th is more likely.

We’ll see eventually.

1 Like

Read somewhere according to speculations season 20 might start late march early April. That makes season 19 a 4month long sesaon I guess.

The communities for the last month show a significant drop in activity. Where there was 300 participating there is 50 now. Seasonal play represents a huge increase of activity as people try out whats new and keep amused for so long. After this many seasons you just can’t maintain interest for months like you did with earlier seasons unless Blizzard starts changing many old builds. . :wink:

I saw that too but these speculations were not backed up by an reliable info, so it is highly unlikely that S20 starts this late. Realistically the start date will be 6 March or 13 March.

Yeah I agree with your logic.

Yep, agreed! March 6th is a good starting date.

Why does it even matter? The end result will be exactly the same complaints as any other topic on this form. The mute ban bug will most likely happen again. Even though it can be fixed, Blizzard won’t, then hide behind we are working on it. In the mean time, people will complain about BOTS and no ban wave instead of petitioning to remove the leaderboard which is the actual problem at this point. The problem isn’t the bots, the problem is the Leaderboard people seem to not get that bots don’t really matter because it would still be unbalanced anyway. Only reason people complain about the bots is BECAUSE of the leaderboard, it lets people see the activity and then use thst to complain and it’s the same crap every season.

Remove the Leaderboard for next season, and either remove general chat, or just remove the report feature people are using to abuse to maliciously attack players.

Do all that and people will barely have anything to complain about.

Can I have £5 each way on “15th October 2023” please?

Happy now?

What does any of this have to do with Season 20 start date? Did you get lost?

1 Like

It was a weird transition of topics, thanks for the edit. :wink: