Seaonal on console has been broken

better yet, instead of (save->delete gear) .do ->end season {convert character to non-season} :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Funny.

I remember being told how wrong I was on this, that it was just not possible.

Uh huh.

Enjoy.

Actually kind of glad for it. Without breaking, things don’t get repaired.

ive gone an made a twitter post with photos calling blizzard and PSN and nintendo out on this… needs to be looked at without give us the run around… shut the damn servers down on PSN and delete these people and ban them…they can do it lol they just dont want to but at teh end of the day season 24 on console ( ps4 nintendo switch and i assume xbox) has all been ruined by this and it all started with N switch…

1 Like

Dude we have been fighting cheaters since Season 10 on Console and whilst we managed to get some exploits patched that were game exploits this is console exploits that are out of scope of Blizzard.

All they can do is clean up the leaderboards after Season has finished and yet they have never done so for Console…ever.

Thus history suggests that they will do nothing. Sony, Nintendo can do nothing as well.

I think we all suggested a sanity check on gear ages ago but it has never been done apart from when they did it for Legendary Gems…when they were hacked in non season to have a rank 2,000,000,000 Gem of Ease that instantly gave you 10,000 paragon they patched it so it sanity checked all LG’s and reduced them to 150 upon load.

Just why they couldn’t do they with all gear, like you suggest, is baffling and a tad annoying and lazy on their part.

4 Likes

This plague on consoles will never end.
98% of console players use modded gear and transform game into races.
Who will run faster from the other and kill Rift Guardian first, or who will get the lowest time to clear GR150 solo
ex. 16-17” seconds GR150 or 4” with Town trick.
Pointless because don’t prove anything to people.
Childish behaviour from un talent players.
All this exist from the reason
Login Blizzard servers don’t exist like PC and Save Wizard or Diablo 3 Editor used.
If you ask anyone over the chat :speech_balloon:
The answer is :
GR150 is to hard for us and need help with modded gear.
Few players play Legit and on majority 99% Seasons

Its 0% on xbox outside from a few seasons ago when seasons pre-emptively started earlier in the week. This current season is the easiest ever to achieve a 150 solo and group, so you saying people say its too hard is complete bs.

This is the excuse from all this un talent players.
When I ask them why you need all that items

Hey MC - we’ve been doing this for a few years now (myself and homerjnick have been quite strong on it). Nothing has ever been done…

This is only partially true. There are legit players on consoles and it varies from console to console. Switch is stuffed. xbox isn’t too bad, apart from dashboarding. ps4 is pretty stuffed due to save wizard AND dashboarding and also kanai recipes (clvl 1 characters have a fixed RNG seed and people are working out patterns on how to get perfect primals and then spreading this information via a particular discord channel).

Then you have the grubs with HC cheating - they go full offensive in their setup and gear and if they die, they just restore from their cloud save. Meanwhile legit players like me who play HC gear defensively and lose out on DPS to these grubs and thus, GR clears.

It is sad to see.

a bit late but…

I was the person who let homerjnick know about this issue :wink:

nowhere to be found as per usual…

we pay more on PS4 as we pay for the game and then the PSN sub. Furthermore, the PC version of the game goes on sale far more frequently than the ps4 console version, and is usually priced lower to when it does go on sale for PC [than console].

Many of us have been pushing for online saves for seasons for a few years now without any luck…No acknowledgement from Blizzard even. Their communication is exceedingly poor.

as homerjnick said, the ps4 keys are encrypted. They have been cracked, but aren’t widely distributed. Nothing stopped Blizzard from introducing sanity checks on saves though when loading them - if the md5sum hash is different, don’t load the save. It ain’t hard…

The encryption keys were cracked in early 2019…over 2 years now.

any encryption can be cracked, it just takes time and computing power Nick. A farm of say, 10 high powered computers running 24/7 to crack an encryption key will crack it in under a month I reckon, even with sha256 or higher encryption methods.

here’s the deal after much dealing with Sony about cheaters.

1. any LB issue is a Blizzard issue. Sony does not control the LB servers, they are rented by, and controlled by Blizzard.

2. you cannot report a player’s PSN unless you are in their friends list. Sony provides no mechanism to report a PSN otherwise. Sony is NOT interested in banning PSN accounts - they are after the $$$$. They don’t care about cheaters violating PSN rules. Now if a LOT of us took a class action lawsuit vs Sony about the issue, we might have a chance. might.

That’s not the point.

exactly. I have privately said this to Nick several times, and we are on agreement that this is probably a good way to tackle some of these issues.

the problem with this is that the end user could possibly sue Blizzard for interfering with their character. Even if there was something in the EULA. AFAIK, no EULA has been successfully defended in a US court.

Sure, if you play groups for at least 8 hours/day and are north of p3500 with lgems @ rank 150 and augments at rank 150 and you’re playing the FB twister wizard…not everyone plays in groups, not everyone has mega paragon, and not everyone plays FB wizard.

I don’t main wizard, but even with perfect primals and mega paragon and perfect lgems/augments, I don’t think I could clear a GR150. Now maybe if s6 impale was performing to the same level as FB wizard, then maybe, since I am very familiar with that build and I main DH.

4 Likes

Using exploits like save glitching materials is cheating and majority of console players do it.

TL;DR

Many times try to play on a party group, adventure and seasons.
On adventure mode things are very disappointing.
. People drop cheat items and multiply the idiots use it
. Promote to sell accounts (1 PSN membership on console = multiple sub accounts without the risk banned)
. Don’t let the rest people play the game anymore ( you forced to play with a limited amount of players play Legit “and you count it on 10 fingers”
. Blue screen people with corrupted items for the reason boring and don’t have something better to do. that x2 the above problems “play strictly slone”
. And now all the above on Seasons ready to run.
So where is the fair policy on gameplay
The guy speak about cheating on Seasons and promote the hacker made them
Is for educational purposes only ……
The same guy (YouTube owner) is on 1st rank.

Dave’s back!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt the majority of players cheat. Do a high percentage of them? No doubt, but I still doubt it’s the majority. The majority of players are probably super casual, play solo, and probably put in fewer hours per year into Diablo than some of us put into these forums this past week.

Secrets leaking out doesn’t mean immediately, but eventually. I might be wrong on my time table, but the fact that we have another player now means that there will be a snowball effect. Starts off slowly, and increases steadily until the PS leaderboards are not even attempting to look realistic. I mean, let’s be serious, they never were realistic in the first place, with multiple people having all perfect primals, when you have PC players with 400+ hours who don’t even have half their gear in primals. But at least it’s still within legitimate ranges. A bit of skill and luck can overtake a player with an extra 1500 of a main stat on their gear. It can’t overtake characters who do a billion times more damage while surviving a billion times more too.

It really wouldn’t take them that long, nor use many resources. We’re talking maybe a day’s work here. Most gear has a set of general stats. With armor, check generic armor stats, unless it’s an exception, at which point you check the exception stats.

Issues like this though only tend to get fixed with high profile cheating. That’s the problem, if you’re not high profile, they don’t care. Like a couple years ago, there was a player who brought fourth information on cheating. Nothing was ever resolved until he broadcasted it to a large audience. Suddenly, within a day, bam, he was banned, and the issue was fixed. It’s about making an issue that can be ignored because only a few people are abusing it so public and large that it becomes a public relations nightmare. Unfortunately, with the Switch, that can’t be fixed, as it’s down to a hardware flaw. The issue with the PlayStation though, is that if you publicly broadcasted how to defeat Sony’s encryption, that would lead to a ton of legal trouble.

I disagree. The lbs showing dem red beams. It is something that can be physically seen. Casuals stop playing so their gear wont reflect it and once they stop they are not considered in the majority anymore and become irrelevant. By using them as a example of majority, technically someone who played for 5 mins count as a player. Lets say consistant player base.

So is botting…so, what is your point?

Are you referring to homerjnick? Cos if so, you are WRONG about him. He’s 100% legit. He’s been an upstanding member of our community for years, has helped many, many players with advice over the years. I suggest you re-watch his video on the s24 modded gear again. Nick spoke with the #1 player using modded gear. Nick was able to learn how he was getting the modded gear into seasons (it’s very complicated). Nick is not the one cheating. He was sent a snippet video by notjester cheater showing how he did the 4 second GR150 clear. That is not Nick. That is the cheater in s24. They are not the same person.

Nick is not promoting the hacker. He has, as he has in the past, made a video about the problems we experience on consoles, with the hope of getting Blizzard to fix the issues.

Both myself and Nick have been very vocal with Blizzard over the years to try and get things fixed for all legit players.

You might want to apologise to him.

LOL, yes I am! I am a good boy now.

Yes, I see no argument with that. My point was, the encryption keys were broken in early 2019. 2 years later, they have not leaked. Who can say, with any accuracy, on when they will leak. I can’t.

Those with perfect primals are abusing the kanai recipe combinations. I found out about this on facebook months ago and let Nick know. We tested a few recipes and they do work. This is how people are getting perfect primals. It’s another form of cheating and abuse, on top of the dashboarding and save wizard.

I also agree on the more skilful player overtaking other players with more paragon. I do it every season. I mean, rank 16 in s23 (HC), playing s6 impale which is like what, 10 GRs weaker than GOD HA. And those players above me were all North of p3000 on top of that (I was a measly p1350 at the time of my GR124 clear). I think I had 2 or 3 primals. I’d be in the top 1 or 2 players globally for DH if Blizzard actually balanced builds properly and had SSF LBs so that group players can’t come into solo boards with mega gems and paragons. Paragon ≠ skill. NEVER has.

For a competent dev, way less than a day imho.

Yup. And Sony, like Apple computers, has a very nasty legal department.

Nope. I disagree with this assessment. I know quite a few casual players and they just plod along. They still play, they pretty much play solo, appear offline, don’t always stick to “builds” and don’t know the mechanics of the game well enough to push. They’re just chill. I mean, I’ve played like an hour in the past 3 weeks (yeah, I’ve given up on s24 with its broken ethereal mechanics). Last I looked I was rank #2 on the shadows mantle DH set HC with a GR107 clear (may have slipped now of course). Inside the top 100 global. It’s not worth me playing - it’s hard enough to try and make up the 10 GR deficit to the GOD HA build, give that build an ethereal that makes it even more power and I’m screwed when it comes to ranking. Why even bother to play then?

What defines a consistent player base?

I’ve never been a fan of “Only such and such defines a true player”. Casual players are as much of an audience to the game as people who play this game daily. There are over 20k people who have played the Playstation version this season, yet on the PC, which has a much higher player base, there are only a few hundred who have more than 50 hours into the season (i.e. 10 hours a week), so I’d expect the PlayStation to be the same.

So, if you decide 10 hours a week is a necessity to count as a player, I’m guessing that would be <25% of the player base. If you want to say the majority of the top 100 leaderboard players cheat in some form (save editing, saves scumming, etc.) fine, I’d probably agree here.

Ooof. Majority of pc players dont bot. Leaderboards would be empty from ban waves. Dont spread ignorance.

Someone who consistantly plays all season. What do you think it meant? Also, TL;DR;DC.

The ban waves are not very good, nor are they very accurate. This has been proven time and time again. There is more to cheating on PC than botting btw - TH has a very large presence among players. It is also cheating and a direct violation of the Blizzard TOC.

That’s a very small % of players. A lot of players, the vast majority, are like me. Perhaps lacking in experience in skill, but in terms of hours played, very little. For most people, general life takes precedence over a game (as it should).

Playing a game for 8 hours a day is VERY unhealthy.

2 Likes

??? Ban waves not accurate? Ummm. Yes. Yes, they are. Not sure why you wouldnt think that. It is a perfect level of measure along with the red beams on console LBs. Of course some players hide it by just rolling very good ancients. From your response, I question whether you’ve played it on pc, without looking at your profile. If you havent, you are making an assumption.

People playing 8 hours, less or more can very easily be healthy and is subjective to the individual in question. Maybe not for you. As long as they balance which im sure most adults are able to make their decision for their own benefit. I personally have taken a break from gaming altogether. I think you assume all players who play, play everyday for that time. If someone takes a month off then comes back to play 8+ hours a day for a new season its perfectly fine. People are free to make their own choices.

Your personal perspective doesnt dictate how everyone perceives their own experience.