Screen shots of the new shards [spoiler]

Some of the stacked rolls on these are crazy.

I’ve seen a +75%cold on a Pain with a stacked +33% damage.

Also, the Hatred one can roll self buffs (15% increase instead of 10%, so 150% dmg at 10 stacks.

1 Like

So it seems to me that these soul shards are just Ethereal but portable. :rofl:

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m okay with that. I liked the power of ethereals but felt it was a little too gimmicky getting just the right one for each build. If these are a little more flexible, but still give a nice seasonal boost, that’ll make me happy enough.

Now if I can just get one to drop before I’m level 70, this time.

3 Likes

Each gem has variants and the can show up anyplace. The main stats seem to work on the followers but not any of the special stuff. Instead of having one OP weapon in S24 now you have some options with the gems.

One Variant of:

The Stain of Sin has a very large Pool of Blood. :drop_of_blood: Just like the one Azmodan uses.

The Silver of Terror has a Devastating Ring of Fire after killing 50 enemies. (Diablo) :fire:
* This one has an icon so you can see what # you are at before it goes off.

3 Likes

They’re blatantly OP for dual wielders , all dual wielding classes are far ahead of non dual wielding so far. Thought it said 1 weapon and 1 helm power only?

If they intended that then it’s clearly going to be a monk/dh/barb season, which I wouldn’t be surprised.

Monk already cleared 150 lol GG, better nerf wizard another 5 GR’s tho :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That appears to be a bug and will most likely get fixed. If not my Monk will love it.

Allready reported :point_down:

Ty, I just found Diablo’s Fire nova variant, so you can definitely call me a happy camper regarding that.

1 Like

I am not sure how many variants that each gem has but this is going to be fun.

1 Like

What is the drop rate for these shards and at level when these shards will drop?

It’s the PTR so they are showing up all over the place, my first one was at level 11.

The progression in season 25 actual if shard drops are even a third of what they are will be pretty quick anyway. Within two weeks if they do not fix the bug of two one-handeds using weapon shards, I reckon you’ll see the entire 1,000 solo people on the leaderboards all at 150. As you all implied, too OTT if that happened.

Very sloppy and way too obvious, wouldn’t that be like the first thing you’d check to have a trigger on?

So now we have to wait a week for proper leaderboard comparisons unless they handicap themselves? Yep what @Bassdude said but maybe not as extreme since there aren’t nearly as many PTR pushers as live

1 Like

Each gem has 3 variants. If you salvage them, they’ll either drop 3 Imperial Gems, or 1 Flawless Royal Gem. The shards stack in 100.

As other people have stated, they drop at any level. I got my first one immediately after Zoltan Kulle. I believe I was Level 4. Now, I’m not quite sure if it’s going to be a completely independent drop, or if farming low level bosses over and over might be more efficient. Regardless, they are definitely dropping like candy in the PTR. But, while each gem has 3 variants, some definitely seem more common than others. I went through 15 of each gem, and typically 10-12 were all of 1 type. This could just be variance though.

2 Likes

A follower system that group players can use too…group players seem to conveniently forget this fact.

If you play 90% solo you benefit more from the follower than the group player who plays 10% solo. The follower update narrowed the gap between solo vs group, but in no way closed the gap. D3 is meant as a group game because blizzard promotes group play in d3 through strength in numbers, communities for group finding etc, to complain 9 1/2 later is such a passed station. I do wish they would add a checkbox for the solo ssf mode so they cant enter any group, maybe adjust the bountie benefits and make a ssf ladder, so the whining would stop.

Group players can get the follower bonuses if they play solo. Solo players can get the group buffs if they play in groups. Sounds fair to me.

3 Likes

Yeah but groups still have a huge advantage with exp gains and efficiency. Remove the ability split farm bounties and any exp bonuses then increase the difficulty for groups to make them on par to the difficulty a solo player experiences then we can talk.

Right now a four player group has an easier time in the same difficulty rift than a solo player does.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it pandering as mrtheoden said, but they still have an advantage despite the gains solo players made with the follower revamp.

2 Likes

I’d like gems that emanate to have a “Emanates” wording on it.

the follower XP buff from Cain’s 3 piece comes NOWHERE near the 4 man group XP buff. Not even remotely close.

This is also not true. Please show me where, on the box for the game, it says “built for group play”. Right. It doesn’t. Please don’t lie, it makes you look bad. Furthermore, D3V gave NO special treatment for group players. It was only around 6 months after the game was released that Blizzard massively buffed group play.

It’s not whining. It’s a very fair, and a very reasonable complaint. Just cos you don’t like it, or agree with it, doesn’t make it whining.

Of course you’d say that. Bet you’re a group player, relying on that group buff and massive paragon to compete. Without it, you’d probably be mediocre on the solo LBs. Bring on SSF LBS, that’ll sort the men from the boys.

Well, when Blizzard has refused to balance group vs solo play for 24 seasons, it’s pandering imho. Solo players have been screaming Blue murder for MANY seasons and have been ignored.

1 Like

We will find out soon enough in the rankings is this is really to OP to have it go live. If they have to match ethereals in power, and they kinda do, you are absolutely right and they will never allow dual wieling to go live…

Edit, just noticed the leaderboards… Well this seems way too OP to go live…

Also, either nobody likes crusader anymore or they are bad…