S6 Impale Video

More stuff to watch as wait for the developers to address GoD6.

BYOM: Bring Your Own Music

An ultra defensive setup using Esoteric Alteration for S6 Impale, pretty much required for dealing constant damage at GR132. I run this using Captain Crimson with 3000 physical resistance.

My follower has Nemesis and Flavor of Time, which helped quite a bit. The next tier GR133 has become fishy, most serious attempts yield clears as low as 15:16 - 16:00.

Aughild’s produces similar results, but my gear only offers ~2500 physical resistance. I find it fishier because you have to focus on the elite kills – and we all know how terrible the RNG can be in that department.

I’d like to see an additional 5-6 GRs tacked on to this build through the S2 bonus.

7 Likes

Make that 8-10 more GR levels tacked on, with 150 possible for the 8k+ Para crowd.
Like the idea with Esoteric Alteration, friends used that already in solo WD attempts for 130+, where with the standard WD build surviving is the bigger problem than damage.

I’m not greedy. I just want S6 and M6 buffed to compete with un-nerfed GoD, I want Chakram and Spike Trap (and maybe FoK) to work with S6, I want S4/M4 unbroken, and I want GoD un-nerfed or buffed back to something similar to its former performance. Also I never liked the UE play style, but I would like it buffed to the same level of competitiveness as well, for those who do love it.

2 Likes

I believe their target for hard pushes looks like this in 2.6.10:

Non-Season
P2500: GR133 25000
P5000: GR139 37500 (+50%)
P7500: GR143 50000 (+33%)
P10000: GR146 62500 (+25%)

Main stat affords defense, which affords the inclusion of offensive passives and more aggressive play. Sometimes it even allows for offensive gear swaps. These benefits all raise the damage output above the paragon deltas.

The new follower in 2.7 is even more of a delta for certain builds. F&R builds like GoD6 didn’t change much, but Endless Walk builds like Impale, which don’t rely on density grew by about 3-4GRs. Any build that self pulls, like Bolas, Condemn, etc, gained 3-4GRs.

How this affects target balance is to be discovered.

Seasons are somewhat fixed increases, i believe they do shoot for GR150 at 5k paragon — at least with the last few patches. They need a big carrot to wave in front of players to leave non-season.

1 Like

double goblins :wink:

1 Like

Double exp and bounties might make me go back.

1 Like

The thing is imho, for Impale S6 not only the solo GR quality should be considered, but also how useful it can be in a 4p game as bosskiller.
To replace the Crusader BK, it has to do a bit more damage imho. It’s usually less solid, has a harder time often to hit the target…Im by no means an expert on Impale gameplay, but seeing really good players struggling in “for fun” 4p at times when doing the BK role was kinda giving me that impression.
Not saying it should be a BETTER build than the Crusader BK one, just kinda equal, with chances to be used in 4p. Meh, maybe you get what I mean :stuck_out_tongue: Else agreeing with your post completely, UE is in dire need of some boost especially in the Multishot ways of the build.

1 Like

If I didn’t want the serpent pet that I’m missing, I’d be skipping this season and trying to push Necro in NS…or finding groups to run zDH I guess.

If all you want is the pet, just do pet and then back to NS?

It shouldn’t take long at all to get the pet. That one is just for chapter 4 right? Level to 70, bounties, GR20, done.

Even if it’s Guardian, a relatively efficient solo player should be able to do Guardian in 10-15 hours. If the conquests are going to be the same as they are on PTR (which is usually the case), you’ll have a selection from a fairly easy set of conquests: Speed Demon, Divinity, Avarice, Boss Mode.

Speed Demon and Divinity you can get from regular gameplay, then you just pick 1 from Avarice and Boss Mode. There’s Master of Sets too I guess, but most people won’t pick that as one of their three.

The cosmetics for Chapter IV are re-using the Season 11 stuff. There’s a new pet / portrait frame for Guardian in Season 23, it just wasn’t being shown on the PTR builds (as per the patch notes). So, yeah, I suspect quite a few people are thinking about hitting Guardian for the new cosmetics then straight back to non-seasonal and/or other games.

1 Like

This will be me if patch goes live in it’s current iteration…get the recycled stuff I don’t have (the portrait and pet from S11), guardian for the new stuff and out.

1 Like

hitting a wall at 129, no aughild or crimson as it appears I’m not flexible enough to survive without elusive ring :frowning:

What is your life per kill?

I have life per kill on chest, pants, dagger and one ring. but unfortunately I only have 1700 physical resistance.

I did a 129 (S6 rank 7) this afternoon with aughilds, endless walk, CoE, stone gauntlets and esoteric. felt super tanky with esoteric and barely felt a difference in DPS without pain enhancer. probably an do 130/131 with little effort and 132+ with lots of fishing.

I think from all DH builds this one benefits the most from pylon RNG, where a power pylon is even more useful than a conduit

1 Like

The follower is huge with this build. I’m feeling the same exact thing with Invoker too.