S26 Patch - Big?

A blue moderator has posted a reply in the Console Bug forums about the issue affecting 4k on the XBSX for D3.

He says that issue will be fixed in the “next big patch” coming next season.

Am I looking too much into that wording? Big content patch coming? More than a Seasonal theme? Actual changes to the base game like the Followers etc?

Thoughts?

I think people are reading too much into this.

From the software development side, you typically have a versioning system that goes Major.Minor.Patch(.Build #). Semantics might be off, but whatever.

The point is, if you do something small, such as correct a misspelling, that’s going to be going into a patch, but it’s going to be a small patch. And it might not even be released, until there’s a collection of stuff to release.

I’m assuming that’s probably what their “next big patch” is. It’s just going to be the next seasonal theme, along with tons of minor fixes that they’ve been fixing. In other words, from our perspective, probably very little will have changed, outside of some class balancing, seasonal theme, changes to the seasonal journey board, etc.

4 Likes

This case is very likely.

But then again, keep in mind that the 10 year anniversary of D3 is coming and it’ll be during S26. So it’s likewise possible that something significant is coming.

Everything at this point is just speculation.

1 Like

Bring it on! s25 almost 2.5 months old now, looking forward to next as this one is kinda boring

If going by the last 5 seasons, we still have a ways to go until the next season. Excluding 23, which was the follower season, they’ve been 4+ months long. Using the past few seasons as a guideline, the PTR is still 5 weeks away with an expected season end date of April 24.

I seriously hope I’m wrong on this though. (Though, with my luck, I’ll be wrong, but the next season starting in June).

1 Like

“Big patch” very likely means “season” as the “small patches” are minor, like when they reset the season or release a quickfix.

So what are we on? 2.7.2. Future patches the next season that have just seasonal theme would go 2.7.3 but a “big” patch would be 2.8 which would though contain a bigger update than 2.7.3 no?

2.7.3 is not a big update from 2.7.2. The patch from S24 to S25 was 2.7.1 to 2.7.2.

Thus “big” suggests 2.8 and thus has more serious content more than a 2.7.3 and more than the update we got from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2 right?

Right? :slight_smile:

I had to check and indeed, if S25 is going to last as long as S24 which was 19 weeks and 2 days, that is the expected end date. I personally do hope S25 ends sooner, the seasons are getting way too long.

Yep, generally when there’s been more than mere balance changes, that’s how the version numbering changes.

1 Like

So thus suggesting the next update seems “bigger” than normal as in not just a seasonal theme?

It’s still too early to say. That one statement, “the next big patch”, is not much to draw any conclusion. It could mean something, it could be meaningless. Since it was stated in just one random thread, I wouldn’t put too much weight on it yet.

I do hope we get something beefier for the next patch, some permanent system reworks, etc. The 10 year anniversary should come with something meaningful. But I won’t get my hopes and expectations up based just on that one statement.

1 Like

Yes. Correct. Affirmative. (Sorry, needed 20 characters)

Actually it would make sense, although yes it would be a bit longer than we might like.

10 year anniversary Date is May 15th… the likelihood that they will start an Anniversary event AFTER the start of a season… yeah that doesn’t make any sense.

Have both the 10th anniversary date and season start date coincide makes much more sense… at least to me it does.

It’s all moot unless they address the cheating going on.

To be fair, they can’t, at least on The Switch & PlayStation. Those systems are cracked, and outside of somehow getting online saves, that discussion is over.

The best they can do is put in sanity checks. And I’ve been saying this since the game originally came out, I really don’t understand why they never bothered with sanity checks. It’s not even like it would take all that long to code either. But since the PC doesn’t need sanity checks, as they already have online saves, the console versions will never get them.

2 Likes

Well, whatever they do on the S26 Patch, it had better be awesome! With the Follower-update, the insanely fun loot-hunt of the Etherereals and the awesomeness of the Terror, Anguish, Lies en Pain gems (I’m gonna miss them SOOOOOO much when they’re gone), they have their work cut out for them… Anything short of adding a Druid class (yeah, right…) is gonna feel like a letdown…

Yes, I realise that. I have also been saying sanity checks for probably the past 12 months or so. I’ve been pushing for online saves for a few years now too.

I’d rather Blizzard fix the problems, the existing problems, before introducing new stuff to the game. But I know that devs typically hate bug fixing.

I really hope that the shards/embers become a permanent part of the game in NS.

Next big patch as in the one they drop before seasonal launch. Trying to get more xbox players to move to pc. A few of us have made the switch and are not looking back. Hope some of you decide to make the switch as well. Console will always get the short end of the stick. Maybe when Microsoft takes over actual changes will be made.

No interest in moving to PC (Sony anyway). For me, from an ergonomic point of view, there’s no way I’m leaving a controller to move to keyboard/mouse. Not a chance in hell.

Blizzard never had any intention of fixing console problems imho - console ports were a quick money grab, nothing more and nothing less. History has shown my statement to be true.