S24 Rank 1 S6 Impale clear vid....with ranged build!

See title. Didn’t have much else to do for the rest of this season and I’ve talked about a ranged S6 spec before, but never showcased it.

TL:DW - 2 key rank 1 clear using multipliers designed to be used at a distance to clear trash as well as elites. Decent viable alternative to standard S6 which can utilize multiple playstyles throughout. Roughly 1 1/2 GR’s behind standard on average, although the gap closes on the most fishiest of scenarios due to it’s ability to scale better in “better GRs”.

Hoping for patch notes soon :frowning:

7 Likes

Gave it a like. Wish Impale would be great again and could compete with GoD.

Hey Die, it looks like you’re spot on with the distance to land 3 daggers on 1 enemy while making the most of Zei’s. Would you say the 3-dagger Impale cone is comparable to the shape of Multishot?

The damage hits look nice in oculus ring, I saw 446T, but couldn’t tell if it was all 3 daggers hitting at once. At 3600p those hits are comparable to playing the standard way with CoE, only you’re able to do it as long as you can maintain Squirts.

Btw, checkout the legendary gem rework suggestions here, this build and your other fav would enjoy the change to Gizzard – I think balanced at 32%.

Lemme know what you think.

1 Like

Not surprised you picked up on this. The cone is slightly more narrow than Multishot, but only by a few in game yards. It is this similarity that I used to gauge the cone range for 3 knives since it’s very similar to Multishot.

I liked playing this style as well with CoE, but ironically I went with CC3 because it was a way for me to get some decent toughness for “free” and synergizes with gogok and channeling pylon. What you saw was a single knife btw.

I need to mess around with this more, but I’m almost enjoying this as much as UE MS. It actually clears trash a little better than MS (without ethereals) and I can actually kill elites. All 5 pylons have value, and stutter stepping with perma shadow glide feels amazing.

Was reading that earlier. I especially like the ideas containing gem buffs based on your builds element as an option so there’s more diversity. It would be a pretty massive rework, almost something akin to a seasons theme combined with an additional gem tier power which transfers over to non-season afterwards.

Nice vid. This is actually how I used to play Impale. I dropped Pain Enhancer in favor of Zei’s Stone of Vengeance.

The build that I used for 2019-2 Era clear has Zei’s Stone of Vengeance on it. Stun from the gem was really nice as well.

1 Like

Impale set to be buffed in Patch 2.7.2!

Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 Preview Blog

1 Like