S22 are conquests possible for solo?

Could be the fact that it’s the necromancer that’s the hang up then. I can only think that because the necromancer wasn’t an original class then the rules for the original class don’t apply. Could also apply to Crusader but someone would have to confirm it.

I don’t know what trouble others have had with it but if it’s happening to Necros and Crusaders in abundance then that would possibly be an explanation.

It’s just weird.

I do have a question though…

Do you, as a necromancer get the transmogs for other class sets, the one’s other classes can wear? I’ve played necro but it’s been a while and can’t remember.

Edit:

I might test it myself with the Zunimassa set. It won’t take me long to level up with my leveling gear, but could take a bit to get the Zunimassa set back, an hour maybe less. I’ll get back to you.

Edit #2: I mean the Tal Rasha set. lol Zunimassa wouldn’t show up because I already did it.

Edit #3: I might have to do it later, my wife’s about to wake up and breakfast and all that, but I’ll definitely get to it. I’m already level 70 with the necromancer.

Boss Mode is very doable solo with the power of current builds. Years of War is also very doable, just requires a bit of grinding on a second character.

I did something about gems, didnt even realize how I completed that, then used a couple of sets, which is also easy. And today I tried and completed boss mode in the first try, was also easy. Was looking for Adria for about 1 min, so definitely becomes easier when Adria is a bounty, same for the spider queen and some other hard to find bosses.

Edit: Boss mode was via GOD DH, if someone needs help with it, add me, I am on EU.

Well, I just did a GR 55 with a Tal6/Masq4 on the necromancer and it didn’t record either. Would have done it sooner but I’m playing Hardcore this season and my first necromancer died losing my gems from my main, a DH, so I had to reacquire the Tal Rasha set, some necromancer item and re-level the gems. Took most of the day today, so I’m sorry for the tardiness of this post.

I have a new hypothesis though, I don’t think the trick works on Necromancer and Crusaders because there’s something fundamentally different about the classes, probably because some are original and others were added later. At least this would explain the hang up of why some people can do it and others can’t. If it’s class related, that explains it.

edit: I think I’m going to use the Tal Rasha set on my DH and see if it records, if it does it would go a long way toward confirming the hypothesis.

Edit #2: Ran Tal6/GoD2 on my Demon Hunter and it didn’t record either. Now I’m at a loss as to how it Registered when I ran Zuni6/GoD2 but not with Tals. Weird.

I really don’t see the benefit of trying another set on a different class. All that effort could have been put into levelling an alt character. It takes less than an hour solo, even faster with a PL.

There are some reasons:

• No free character slot for second seasonal character. I have to free up a mule character. After the conquest, I have to recreate him as non-seasonal, re-level him back to lv70 and claim the items from the mail.
  • No need to spend time to PL a second character, and grind for a set and related items.
1 Like

Agreed, Maskraider, and if a player can skip the whole “another character” all together, it solves all those problems, which is what I set out to prove. It did work. (edit: with Zunimassa that is)

I could try with my non-seasonal DH but she isn’t geared at all, doesn’t even have a full set on account of only 400 some odd paragon and it could take a really long time to get her geared, make a power leveling leveling set for non season, then go about collecting the different sets to try to complete Years of Wars with her like I did Dynasty on Hardcore and it’s effort I’m not thrilled to take on at the moment.

But you have to do this anyways if you want to complete the YoW conquest. So levelling up an alt adds very little time and effort to it. You just need to do a little planning:

1. You need to make a hellfire amulet/ring, so make a ring to get the xp bonus.
  2. During your game playing, you will likely find some pieces for othe characters, including weapons.
  3. You need to augment an item with a level 50+ gem, so what I did was level up a GoE to level 50 and socket it in one of the weapons I found. That, plus your regular gems, paragon points, plus cube powers (not to mention the season clones) makes levelling a new character to level 70 trivial, taking only about 30 minutes or so. Then, I use that GoE to augment an item.
  4. Having another character means you can use any of the 5 sets, instead of trying to colllect that one set that isn’t class-restricted. This ends up being faster and more efficient. Plus you don’t have to worry about it not being accepted for the conquest, like so many seem to be having.

I do it simply because I get bored playing just one class.

Nope, just need to get 5 pieces using “upgrade from rare”. And use RoRG. No need to grind related items.

e.g. In S20, I worn 5 pc Jade + Crimson on DH and still use Yank and DML. It is powerful enough to beat GR55 in ~13 min. I even kept the INT stats … I should roll them to DEX … silly me.

This season, I worn Sunwuko on DH instead. Done in ~7 min, also thanks to the seasonal theme. The whole process took less than 60 minutes including what I’ve mentioned:

I knew, I did that in other region because I ran out of yellow mats for “upgrade from rare” recipe. :sweat_smile:

You can do that with the alternate character. For a GR55 you really don’t need supporting items. So really, you only save the effort of levelling up an alt. Plus you don’t have to worry about getting one specific set. For example, I levelled a monk since I mained a DH this season. I ended up getting 5 pieces of the Justice set first. Had I not levelled the monk, I would have had to keep going in order to get the Inna’s set. So in the end I avoided a lot of hassles, plus the possibility of the game not accepting it as part of the conquest.

About this, may be just the delay of updating. (I don’t exclude the possibility of real bug.)

Yeah, but there are a few bug reports of people doing this as their sixth set, and not getting the conquest, so it doesn’t sound like just a delay. I wonder if any of those people then levelled up the appropriate character and try again. If they successfully got the conquest, that would indicate that using a wrong set isn’t supposed to work.

I failed at any mastery, but i’m a Slayer, great. :partying_face:

Create a Barb, rustle up the IK set and the Bul-Kathos swords. WW thru the set dungeon in 90 seconds, done.

The Necromancer dungeons are not as easy as that but ALL 4 are pretty damn easy.

The Inarius set dungeon is literally no more than occasionally sucking bones out of mobs and travelling around the dungeon whilst the bone-storm from your armour kills stuff. It’s almost at the level of being a walking simulator.

Just for clarification: Set Dungeons are NOT Conquests.

Regardless of what Class wears what Set, they only need to be able to successfully complete a Greater Rift Level 55 Solo before the 15-minute timer expires. (GR55 is equivalent to Torment 12).

New Results:

As far as DH’s go, you can do my trick with Zuni’s and it’ll work but doesn’t work with Tal Rasha’s for some reason.

First I completed GR 55 with all the DH sets in softcore, then I collected both Tal Rasha’s and Zuni’s by gambling orbs and mojo’s respectively.

First, I tried the Tal Rasha set and it didn’t register or give me Years of War. Then I tried Zuni’s and got Years of War upon completion of the GR 55. I don’t know if that would be the same for all classes.

But, apparently there are certain sets that don’t work by wearing another classes set on different class. But Zuni’s on the DH is confirmed to work. Worked on both Hardcore and Softcore. While Tal Rasha’s is confirmed to not work on the DH at least.

1 Like

I used to play both regular and HC each season, Getting three conquests was pretty easy, level 3 gems to 65 regular and HC plus 1 other conquest.