S21 Ending Soon

Someone spotted that the news on the launcher has “S21 Ending Soon” message.
D3 Twitter has a post too, but no date and a confusing title.

No blog or blue post on this topic so far (at the time of posting).

Is it real? or just a mistake?

5 Likes

In Portuguese it says November 8th

4 Likes

The question about that incomplete announcement and the actual S21 ending date was asked on twitter and Adam Fletcher @PezRadar answered this:

‘‘It is a warning :stuck_out_tongue: Will have more solid dates as PTR comes to a completion and will provide that update once that occurs.’’

oh, so it’s that kind of “soon”. :roll_eyes:

It’s ending as intended.

5 Likes

If your Battlenet launcher was set to English (US) the message started showing up last night. The message didn’t show up at all if the language was set to English (UK). At the time the hover-over text mentioned the end of Season 20, not Season 21, and the text was truncated mid-sentence. Clicking on the link took you to the Season 21 starting blog.

[ EDIT ]
Portugeuse on EU launcher still showing this…
https://i.imgur.com/hXWY37Y.jpg

Oh snap this forreal? We about to get that 2 week notice for S21 end date?!? Whats the chance that it could be a 1 week notice lol, I want S21 to end and S22 to start already.

3 Likes

I think this is the two-week notice, they just want to be sure before confirming it. Unless more unforeseen issues bring additional delay, they will most likely end S21 on 8 November. Which leads to a S22 start probably on 20 November :frowning:

3 Likes

As Peralva said, it was original planned on 11/8 if you switch launcher language to Portuguese.

CM just held a step back a bit just in case. However, the Portuguese image had already been released (by accident?).

S21 will end earliest Sunday, October 25
or
most likely Sunday, November 1.

If Nov. 1st is S21 end then S22 should start, hopefully Friday, Nov. 6

1 Like

Did you look at the screenshot from earlier in the thread?
https://i.imgur.com/hXWY37Y.jpg

For your convenience, I embed the image https://i.imgur.com/hXWY37Y.jpg below.

3 Likes

ee gawd ending Sunday, November 8th

Means like S22 start Friday, November 13th

Friday the 13th!

My launcher doesn’t show the ending date!

More likely, Nov 20.

2 Likes

As previously mentioned, whether the splash advert is displayed or not depends upon which language option you have your Battlenet set to. The advert’s showing up on EU if you have it set to English (US) or Portuguese, with only the Portuguese one showing an actual date.

Soon™
Although definitely not Soon™ enough

Nope, wrong again… There are usually 12 days between season end and start of the next one. So S22 will most likely start on 20 November, unless they exceptionally decide to speed up the process to compensate for the delay…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t put too much faith in any date seen in any screenshot or anywhere that seems fishy. This could be false or could be true only Blizzard knows and they have yet to verify anything. It could be a glitch or maybe an old end date they have on file that was accidentally added to the statement, or the entire statement across the board may be an accident. We will know for sure once a date is established in all languages everywhere.

It’s still on the Battlenet launcher. If it was a mistake, you’d think they would have removed it. Anyway, they posted the same thing on their Twitter account.

When this was questioned, PezRadar said this…

If nothing untoward is discovered on the PTR, Season 21 ending on Sunday 8th November would suggest 2.6.10 to go live on Tuesday 10th November, with Season 22 starting on Friday 20th November.

But, we’ll see what PezRadar has to say next week, I guess.

1 Like

I noticed that on the launcher this morning as well, and thought it was funny that it linked to the blog post for s21 that had no updates about end time.