S19 start date Please?

They said that this Friday he will not be.

No season 19 will not be starting this Friday, that has been confirmed.

The season preview blog will probably come out this Thursday.

1 Like

Patch 2.6.7 Now Live

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220967/patch-267-now-live-11-12-2019

Source: 2.6.7 patch live on console versions

1 Like

Is it sure that not this Friday? Where was it confirmed? Is there a source?

2 Likes

Yeah everyone else here is right that is a stupid thought by BagboyBrown. Normal adults understand that people can request time off that they have accrued in advance, for whatever they want, be that a family vacation, a concert, a movie, game release, whatever it may be. This is so stupid that I logged in just to complain about it.

2 Likes

yep community manager confirmed in a different post saying “No not this friday” but not confirmed date. so maybe 22nd or in december.

Imagine, if you will, we poor people from south of the equator. Unless we log in at some unimaginable time to play the new season (like 2-3am AEST), we miss out on the ‘start’ and come in hours later.

Who in their right, lucid mind, would want to get online at -that- hour, to play a game, when there are real life obligations and so on (sleep being one of them), to do? I wonder, I truly do…it’s a game, a way to spend as long or as short as you like - its -not- a job, that you -have- to play 15+ hours per day, it’s just a game, a often wonderful and (frequently!) frustrating waste of free time for enjoyment purposes.

So, if you’re a few hours behind in starting the season, I’m sure the world will keep spinning on - it’s not the end of the world. Those of us from the AUS and NZ know it well, but maybe we see it how it is, not as an ‘obligation’ but as a way to spend time either alone (solo) or with a group of like-minded friends, to have some laughs, slay pixelated demon-kind and grind for levels and loot…

That’s just my thoughts, Season 19 could start the second I finish typing, or it could start on 1st January, 2020, I don’t mind. When it starts, I’ll play it, when and if I feel like it, I’m not ‘pressured’ into imagining my life will end if I’m not ‘first’ or some nonsense to get my name of some leader board, or ranking, or whatever.

It’s a game, a way to have fun and forget about real life and just have some mindless entertainment and fun…its -not- real life :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is all an evil plot to piss us D3 players off enough to force us to play WoW or another game that is more lucrative for them.
The social bugs are still here, the game is broken!

5 Likes

But the game isn’t dead…clearly. Poe, while being very diablo 2 esque, has a different model and therefore different way to make money. I don’t want this free to play bs in diablo. I’ve got no interest in being required to pay x dollars for some legendary piece or special wings. While I think diablo 3 could probably pull in some extra cash by selling specific cosmetic items, as they do in wow, I don’t think it’s what most players want. Some of you are so willing to throw all your cash at the stupidest things. It’s ridiculous. As for the “I R NEED DAY OFF WORK FOR SEASON”. It’s just stupid. The season last roughly 3 months. It takes even the slowest of players less then a couple of days to get to 70 and to be fully geared to be a contender on the leaderboards less then a week. As for the “I R NEED PLAY WiTH CLAN”. You can still do. Even if they beat you to 70 it’s not like you be more then a few hours behind at best…even if you get stuck not able to play for a few days at launch. I mean maybe I’d understand more if you were at least paying some kind of monthly fee for the game but as it stands there’s only been 3 charges ever in Diablo 3 (game, expac,expac). Whatever blizzard gives us rewards them almost nothing in return. Take what you can get and stop acting like a bunch of children throwing a tantrum.

Not entirely true. If they actually made improvements to the game (revamped certain mechanics, downscaled the DPS numbers currently hitting for trillions, etc), it would most likely interest many other players outside of the current playerbase.

Diablo III sold so many copies in its hayday (even despite the backlash with the real money AH, and pre-ROS era), but it has a low playerbase now thanks to the lack of communication by the Dev Team.

If the Dev Team assigned to D3 handled communication even remotely close to how GGG handles communication with their playerbase, the D3 community would probably quadruple overnight. (okay maybe thats a longshot, but you get my drift)

2 Likes

60 bucks for a game that never satisfied promises, actually I could say they released it in Delta version, not even Beta. No pvp, no endgame, no random contents, a small world, small and no random at all maps, 2-3 sets per class, with the huge mistake of the auction house. Dude, i feel entitled even if i played 3k hours of shi#

It seems insane that a S19 start date has STILL not been released.

So many excuses but none of them justify this ridiculousness.

The blog post is coming today…

…but Nev’s working in Pacific Time, where it’s currently 6:33 AM, so it’s not likely to be published for a few hours yet.

She already confirmed days ago the start date isn’t the 15th. So, probably the 22nd at the earliest.

1 Like

Since she also posted that Fridays seems to be the best date due to player’s schedules it points to 11/22 being just about the ONLY possible date that is not a huge fail.
11/29 is the day after Thanksgiving and presumably not going to happen for that reason.
12/6 is 26 days AFTER the end of S18 (and the start of PoE 3.9 but not really relevant just saying) and taking that long is a MASSIVE FAIL. Why end S18 that early if you are going to end up doing this date or later.

1 Like

True, lets see what we get by end of business day today.
This is still not entirely what we wanted but lets hope they learn their lesson.

Today is the day we supposedly find out “come hell or high water” style!

I know we are all looking forward to it.

Early afternoon New York time I’m pretty sure we’ll all know!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220970/season-19-the-season-of-eternal-conflict-begins-nov-22-11-14-2019

Today, just like she said it would. :+1:

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, GGG needs to be that way because the game is Free to Play, if they don’t act in good faith, the revenue stream will decrease significantly.

Nice play on words. Real wordsmith!