Rod Fergusson just confirmed no chat or lobbies for console

I understand but we have to work with what we got, if it’s not possible let’s find something else that works. Idk I just want this to turn into a win win for everyone that doesn’t devolve into screaming Im refunding

Agreed, atleast bring the core forward. No chopping of the game like ff7 remake.

I mean people have a right to be angry and refund. They weren’t upfront about the console changes when they should have been. Waiting until after people have pre-ordered is mega sketchy. Hopefully they can do something though.

1 Like

There is no working with this. This is an inferior port that will have a dead online presence within a week. I can only hope some youtuber catches onto this and tells people to stay away from the console ports. D2 ISNT D2 without a good online experience.

2 Likes

To be fair they still have four weeks and the fact that pez liked my sub categories all but assures this is going to be a discussion with the dev team now. The best we can do is be better, be constructive and positive and find something that works for all of us.

Im a veteran and d2r was my first pre order this year i was very hyped but now very sad

3 Likes

It would be different if they were upfront about it and talked about the matchmaking system and lack of in game communication before allowing people to pre-order imo. They should have told people the specifics and mainly treated the console version as Single Player. But yeah, the whole thing is sketchy and I hope people realize what changes have been done to the console version before they can’t refund.

2 Likes

“Be better?” taheck you talking about? This ain’t about US the players. I am refunding and encouraging everyone i know to refund console versions. I knew Blizz couldn’t be trusted and i knew from this horrible beta that this game is just a nostalgia-fueled cash grab.

2 Likes

I think you are missing the point. Even the current Party finder isn’t designed properly. So what we are getting is broken.

The party finder always created a new game in beta, and players joined on that new game.

The problem here, is that the players that joined were within 3-4 levels of you, I could not join a level 25 game at level 10. Never got matched with anyone. Baal run levels need to be 30+ level difference, if you wanted to power level a new character and got your character to the difficulty breakpoints…ie level 40 for Nightmare…you could join players level 70, 80, 90 who were doing Baal runs, therefore powerleveling your new build.

So now, even the current console system won’t work regardless of how many sub categories are added. And this won’t change before release, no changes.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. Especially for chaos runs where you normally have people that are high level killing monsters to power level lvl 1s. You also won’t be able to follow specific runs like I mentioned. You would be thrown into a random Baal game or whatever every time you join a new game. Then there’s the lack of text chat or voice chat in game. That text wheel sucks.

Oh and how would you go about finding a bumper for a grush etc?

2 Likes

Is there even a way to activate increased players difficulty on console? If not then singleplayer is going to be trash too.

I don’t think so. There’s no way to type in game so…

Jfc, why in tf did they even waste time on porting this to consoles?

4 Likes

Quick cash grab imo. Lol

4 Likes

Nope, wasn’t a way to do /players 8. A simple checkbox during game creation would have been nice. Guess they forgot that too.

You do you, boo. If you think screaming refund and not playing will get what we ask for than god bless. But For once it would be nice to avoid that route and have a more positive relationship developer / community. Back in the 2000s we didn’t scream refund. We talked with the game developers and things happened (within their ability) for a game we praise and hark on its 20 year old gameplay, let’s go back to the developer community interaction of 20 years ago too. What’s to lose?

1 Like

I mean you’re free to do that, but just how much developer interaction do you see on these forums? Blizzard has been distant for years now. You don’t compromise after you already pay for something, they don’t feel pressure to fix it then. You withhold your money and apply pressure.

6 Likes

We didn’t get to go to nightmare or hell, so as far as as may know glitch bumpers might be toast like ebugging.

I doubt it as you could still get quests in town on the beta.

Well then look at it this way as a make or break for them, they can change their ways or reinforce what everyone is already sulking about.