Rod Fergusson just confirmed no chat or lobbies for console

It might be because a lot of people have already refunded the item and they want the complaints to stop so they can at least try to drag new players in.

I say even if you refund keep voicing your concerns.

5 Likes

Well, I will admit that I am one of those that refunded my copy for Xbox Series X once I realized that there was no lobbies lol. :joy:

4 Likes

No he wouldn’t have directly replied to me if his response wasn’t in reply to my lobby question… he basically left it open that it can happen but not at launch. So, NOW, we want a discussion about how this could or might work so everyone’s happy. I’ve always said they might not say what we want to hear but a discussion on the issue is better than absolute silence.

1 Like

“New features.” How is it “new” when players just want what PC has. Wth thought the horrendous infrastructure on consoles was acceptable?

Yup gonna cancel my preorder and just get the ghost dlc. What garbage. This was the only game i looked forward to all year.

11 Likes

If you keep poking the bear he will eventually react. I feel more like this is the beacons of Gondor being lit, now they can’t avoid the issue.

4 Likes

A multi-billion dollar company that had 20+ years to visualize, prepare, and make a remaster of one of their most successful games and they couldn’t even add lobbies to console. Idk man, I just don’t know about Diablo anymore, I have lost all faith in this company. The original Xbox came out in 2001 btw lol.

11 Likes

I mean, that’s the only way a company that wants money will listen. Don’t give them money and if they don’t change, well at least you saved some cash.

It sucks, because this was the only game I was really looking forward to this year.

7 Likes

Huge mistake blizzard. Pondering a refund for not making the real Diablo 2 and selling it as Diablo 2.

4 Likes

I want to re emphasize here that our focus now that we have somewhat of an answer should be DISCUSSING with the devs on how to find a HAPPY MEDIUM if the pc lobby system can’t happen on consoles.

They already have free roam with a pvp option.

Add the following sub categories to free roam
Baal runs
Chaos runs
Cow runs
Tomb runs
Tristram runs
Stat / skill / resistance quests
Rushing
Trading
Group mf

2 Likes

I don’t see any of these working efficiently without an actual in game chat system though…

Not to mention the fact that you still won’t be able to follow a specific run if you find one.

How are classic players supposed to transfer items if there are no named games by the way? Have to have a friend help? Seems lame.

7 Likes

I have said this before, but have been labelled a troll.

No, just no. Why can’t we be treated equally to PC players is the REAL question. Why do we always get sub-standard treatment?

If Blizzard cannot, or will not, provide console players with a decent port of their PC games, then we should not reward them. Period.

10 Likes

Thanks at least I know I can cancel my pre order now. Keep up the good work running this publisher into the ground and keeping the lights on with a bunch of interns

5 Likes

If Blizzard and VV(who did the remaster) took all this time to keep D2 as close to it’s original form, they made key decisions on Console NOT to include lobbies and chat.

Normally decisions around not including chat…or more importantly not allowing to type text on console is because of the work to code a language filter, a integration into the console reporting system, and general moderation of console chat.
The console ecosystem and account monitoring is very important to Xbox and Sony. And unmoderated chat feature, or lack of reporting capability would never pass certification.

Typing offensive game names in lobbies or being toxic in games, pissed off in PvP duels, etc is something Blizzard will need to design a complete lobby system on console that will take some time.

I doubt we see any lobbies or chat in 2021 for D2R.

5 Likes

I can see them closing servers for D2: LOD now to try and force people into the new game.

1 Like

Sent the same post about my sub categories on Twitter and pez replied saying this is great feedback thanks.

Let’s really try to turn this into a positive developer / community discussion so we can find a happy medium to a problem for a game we all love.

2 Likes

The lack of in game chat just seems like laziness on Blizzard’s part. Path of Exile has in game text channels and in game group text + voice chat on consoles. I don’t see why Blizzard couldn’t at least do that.

I agree that we probably won’t see lobbies or text chat for consoles this year though.

4 Likes

But how are those sub categories going to fix the lack of in game communication? How will a rush subcategory work when you can’t communicate with the person in game? What about following the same baal runs because there is a good sorceress teleporting to the throne?

I don’t give a sht what the rationale is. If this is something impossible for consoles then they should have never made a console port in the first place.

I guaranfingtee you the original devs are going to blast these console ports. They even admitted that so much attention was put into d2 post launch was because of how enormously popular d2 was online.

Nobody remembers singleplayer fondly and since 1.10 singleplayer has been difficult due to 1.10 essentially rebalancing a lot of things for multiplayer. I remember reading the stats back in the day but i think they found like only 10% of players actually played past normal on singleplayer. Everyone played online.

Console players being forced to do everything alone are going to get frustrated and quit. This remaster will crash and burn on console.

1 Like

That unfortunately could boil down to using the Xbox party features which isn’t ideal but if you have categories for games people joining your game will be way more inclined to join party chat with you then they were on beta just for leveling quests, because at that point your intentions are clear and you have a way to talk through the party features, which they could make easier through interface option since characters are already displayed by gamer tag

Sounds like a headache when they could just implement in game text chat imo. Seems like they’re trying to do the bare minimum for console… actually less than that.

Idk, glad you’re offering solutions, but that just seems like a temporary fix. They just need to implement the basic features that D2 is known for.