Rift guardian Raziel damage explained

Should we be concerned here DP? :rofl:

Ah, THAT guyā€¦ Weird, but I donā€™t really recall any extra hassle with this dude. Then again, I do tend to overprotect my charactersā€¦

you realize you are replying to comments from 2 years ago right?

damn blizzard/microsoft whoever needs to implement a 3 month rule to lock topics downā€¦ then again that doesnā€™t work half the time on another discord type forum iā€™m on.

1 Like

Yah but some builds like old school Whirlwind and R6 Gen Monk survived by their healing which was based on HP%. Before the Wastes set rework u didnā€™t use BoM, so u relied on Blood Funnel (which gets more potent the more HP u have) and high paragons/augments. R6 Gen Monk had practically no damage reduction and survived pretty much on Life per Hit from gear and Simplicity Strength which has a built in life per Hit mechanic which is based on Max HP.

Lol well I figured Iā€™d respond to him since he quoted me

1 Like

Sorry haha iā€™m the one bringing back to life this 2yo threadā€¦ but I was so surprised to getting one-shotted the other night that I started to look online for explanations and this is the only thread I found in the entire web that discussed the issue lol.

I was wonderingā€¦ (Iā€™m really not an expert here) could my Unity ring have killed me in that instance? If my unkillable follower takes a hit for 1 billion damage and i take 50% of it could it kill me? :thinking:

1 Like

If your follower is using the ā€œcannot dieā€ version of their item, what this actually means is the follower is 100% immune to damage, i.e. the follower takes zero damage.

This means that if your hero and your follower both wear Unity, 50% of the damage that your hero takes is instead given to your follower who is immune to it. And, as the follower cannot take damage, you get 50% of the zero damage they take, i.e. zero.

Effectively, this combination gives your hero a 100% up-time 50% damage mitigation.

nah, not really.

yeah I did, but I wasnā€™t the one who revived the zombie thread mateā€¦

Ahh. I donā€™t play barb or monk, so didnā€™t know that. Typically, most builds wonā€™t benefit from super high health. Better to have high recovery. I switched from amethyst gems in pants on my HC s6 impale to diamonds and got a nice buff to toughness as a result.

Well as long as youā€™re ok with debating the point with yourself, thatā€™s ok then :rofl:

:stuck_out_tongue:

silly 20 characters rule

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: