Rift guardian Raziel damage explained

Yeah…became a casual! :rofl:

2 Likes

:disappointed:. You’re still playing a monk though, right?

Er no…if I didn’t change I would stop playing so I took a break from the monk this season and tried the WW Rend Barb.

Man, you missed out on a fun monk buuld then. Tankiest monk build yet, and it doesn’t require a unity!

1 Like

My plans for next season are set and yes I’ll be a monk!

1 Like

So from the sounds of it, I should not try to play higher GRs on Hardcore ( my preferred mode) lol

It is beyond bugged. RIP’d 2 WD’s for me in GR100.

Both had 800k+ HP, 96% DR standing still and 98% DR moving, with all resists into 1.8k+ range.

Any other RG I can take several hits from their attacks (magic or physical), like coldsnap charge, Golem melee hits, Maiden big channeled drop, fireballs from the bird etc, they hit like 100-200k range which is fine. But Raziel OHK, 1st nova proc’d me, 2nd one kills from 100% to 0% this is unnacceptable with this amount of DR in only GR100.

I did GR110 at only 700 paragon and had no problem only got proc’d once in a big density pull with 2 elites and 1 champion pack (pulled into multiple arcane beams after I used SW) but had no problem with the RG, yet Raziel on GR100 one shots.

This needs Blizzard attention, having a RG that bypasses all resists and DR / toughness in HC is just unfair. Also he teleports and has the AoE cold circles so it’s 1 out of 10 chances you will get a TP during the fight (I tried on 2nd WD and got interrupted until he TP on top of me despite I was on same screen just behind a pillar).

@Blizzard please look into the code for this boss special attack mechanics something is terrible broken, ty!

2 Likes

Remade my WD for 3rd time, now at 3.6B toughness, if I still get 1 shot by Raiziel in GR100 am done with HC. Same 96% DR standing still and 98% DR moving. 1.2m HP, all resists 1800+.

In T16 I can stand in 5 molten explosions and lose only 1/3 of my hp (with 10 stacks of SH).

1 Like

I lost my hardcore char 2 days ago with 900k hp and 1k resists. Raziel seems bugged, that holy nova one shots me everytime no matter what. Should I just try a million hp? I will lose tons of Str though

1 Like

I did a 115 Gr just fine, the boss barely scratched me but then I tried another 115 and I got Raziel this time. I should’ve skipped that fight

You can’t facetank Raziel. And with WD you can avoid that. Anyway i would skip some RG’s when pushing especially in HC. Raziel needs perfect timing of spirit walk.
Anyway the clunky playstyle of WD isn’t useful for HC, you need to stack any defensive you can get.

Vesalius is auto quit game for me too (but, I am playing HC this season). Blighter is also OP and an instaquit.

Raiziel doesn’t really bother me (s6 impale DH). Even HC.

How do you dodge Raiziel holy nova when you need to be in his face to hit with all 3 impale daggers? He one shot my WD at 1.5b toughness from 100%-0, with all buffs up and hidding behind the templar (had to go close to renew SH stacks).

Vesalius is the most easy for me on DH, I just vault his projectiles and frozen orb. Blighter is fine, just dodge side ways (stutter stepping or w/e your movement skill is) when he does the acid bolts attack (and try to position your follower in front of you), then just move from the hands - IMHO.

I dart back and forth. Sometimes Raizel hits me, other times he doesn’t. i’ve had him connect and trigger awareness a few times, but for the vast majority of times, he’s no issue at all for me. Now vesalius however, he’s a mongrel. His bone spear attack auto targets you and you can’t dodge it. He disappears, he casts multiple frozen pulse, and his wormhole is a p.i.t.a too…

You can’t really stutter step (well, not properly) on console, so blighter is another one that’s harder to deal with, especially when he drops his poison pools en masse. I tend to back off out of range, then dart back in and hit him a bunch of times and then dart back out again. Typical wolf attack. Wolves are smart. And, I’m an old wolf :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah just got proc’d by Raiziel in GR 98 on my DH, 900k hp, 1b toughness (and 300k shield from gizzard), I was literally off-screen of him when I saw the debuff appearing on my right side of screen (awareness proc), I was never hit by anything, he was controlled by enchantress and boar and he was at 25% hp when it happened, so I just vault spammed my way back to the shield pillar I left intentionally behind just in case this happens.

Got the pillar then finished him off (to not risk anything). So yeah, if he does this in GR98 (did it twice to my WD in GR100 and she died as I was sure I could finish him off before he would use the skill again - my bad), there’s 100% chance he will proc you in GR100+ no matter what toughness / resistances you have, am 99.9% certain he is bugged and this attack ignores resistances / DR / armor etc.

1 Like

I guess I’ll see then.

He RIPed my 1M HP Crusader (+ unity + 60% DR from sliver of terror + 95% DR from Aquila’s Cuirass + DR from justice lantern) last night… i was far away, between arrows, got one shotted anyways. Definitely bugged. GR 111

NO. It looks like some for of lightning, but it is indeed holy damage Teresa.

That’s not the point. No RG attack should insta one shot you with an attack that cannot be dodged.

Int classes also have it easier - they use armour instead of all resistance, and unlike the dex/strength classes, it doesn’t matter if they get a resistance secondary.

I would disagree here. Ember, bone warlock, crusader king, sand shaper are all softer RGs imho. I personally wouldn’t rate Raziel in the top 3 softest RGs.

Nothing should one shot you in the game. Every thing should give you the ability to dodge it to mitigate the damage.

Blighter and choker are mongrels if you ask me. Vesalius is also very annoying. None of them insta-quit though, at least for me personally.

Doesn’t usually help as the one shot dmg is usually way higher than your character’s hit points ever will be imho.

come play s6 impale Nick! I can tank Raziel and any other RG easy on GR120 speed runs. Raziel occasionally One shots me (when I fail to read his attack), but that is very rare.

Depends upon the build, depends upon your knowledge of the game and how well you play. Knowing when to back off is a big thing with HC. I was doing a speed GR120 the other night, hit a pylon with nem bracers on my follower and procced dervishes. Left them alone whilst they were spinning and attacked some soft mobs near them and accidentally hit a spinning dervish - procced both cheat deaths . Scarpered out of there and went back to town for 2 mins to reset the cheat deaths.

Stonesingers and dervishes are another broken mechanic in this game that should have long been fixed by a lazy and incompetent Blizzard. I’m seeing a lot of these buggers this season, much higher spawn rate than usual.

You need to learn how to better use mobility via vault then.

nah, sorry, have to disagree here. ZERO issues with Vesalius.

Can somebody please help me out?

I’ve played d3 since it came out on console, and I have no idea who Raziel is (i never pay attention to names). I looked up pictures online but I don’t recognise him at all? Can somebody please refer me to a good picture? Or is this guy PS/PC only? Or am I completely insane?

A quick Google search…
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=diablo+3+raziel+boss

First link returned by the search is…
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Raiziel

Which contains the picture…