Reworked Characters?

I’m game. So long as he breaks out the cube and says, “This is an oldie… well it’s an oldie where I come from…”

3 Likes

There’s a ton of threads about character models though and a few have been closed already. I’m just saying it’s kind of crazy that you guys are spending all this energy on character models and not worrying about things that will actually impact gameplay.

Facepalm…

D2R it’s a Remaster, in which the developers practically don’t touch anything, except character models (mostly female, even those who are enemies).

The gameplay is the same and they will not change it (because they are afraid to touch the old code. In Starcraft and Warcraft 3 they don’t change the gameplay either). There is nothing to discuss in D2R except horrific character models. And all other changes and amenities (like an infinite chest) will be available in mods.

16 Likes

Since this is primarily a graphical update with small QoL changes, most of the threads are going to be about … graphics.

Since the character is the main graphical object on the screen at any given time, including the character select screen, the concern is focused thusly.

If D2R were a meal

We’d be cutting the meat to see if it’s cooked properly and … you’d be over there complaining why we haven’t queried the mechanism with which the tiny umbrella in your drink opens and closes.

15 Likes

Incorrect. It’s moving to current battle net, which will change game perming (classic will be screwed with no shared stash), they still haven’t said how Dclone will function, we don’t know how long ladders will be, and we don’t know whether they will remove the cow king penalty (there’s currently a workaround that exists). But you guys carry on whining about the character models.

The assassin is Asian and the paladin has an afro, oh nooooo. Screams in terror

On the contrary, instead of making sure your meat is good, you’d be the one whining about the look of you mixed drink. The gameplay is the meat and potatoes, the rest is fluff. They still haven’t told us how a lot of the game will function.

1 Like

(我觉得概率不高,设计团队有其自己的审美和理念,可能有微调,大动刀没希望。)

I think the probability is not high, the design team has its own aesthetic and philosophy, there may be fine-tuning, no hope for a major move.

1 Like

Look, I’m not going to derail a thread about character models… by discussing whether or not I should be discussing character models.

Feel free to post your issues in a new thread, “Character models and why they don’t matter or whatever”.

If you’re just going to stay in this thread and whine about how this topic is irrelevant or tired, consider your posts flagged as spam.

14 Likes

So you have nothing substantial to say aside from whining about character models, got it.

I don’t see a need to change the models, there, happy?

The opinion that they don’t need to be reworked, that other aspects of the game are more important, etc. Is absolutely a valid point of discussion in a thread about char models.

You don’t get to create an echo chamber where only people who agree can post.

2 Likes

If you’d read you’d know that’s not what’s happening at all. However you’re right on time to defend the only person literally posting:

This topic is old, there are other more important things, why create this thread, you’re just whining.

As usual. I will continue flagging irrelevant posts of his until he actually does something constructive.

8 Likes

If a post does not break the forum rules, flagging it can end up getting you suspended for abusing the report system for personal reasons. Not liking what someone posts is not reason enough to flag. Targeting individuals is a bad idea.

You only get 5 flags a way. Use them wisely.

1 Like

Posting repeatedly in a thread that people are whining merits my spam flags.

That’s one post.

That’s another post. It’s trolling or baiting when you post like this, but thanks for the info.

Literally one in every thread. Their opinion is that you shouldn’t have one. Exhausting.

9 Likes

Amazon, Assassin, and Sorceress could all use some work to stay true to the original. The Amazon especially. It’s strange that they’ve decided to beat all the female characters with the ugly/old stick. The Amazon especially. I keep reading theories about how it’s politically motivated, but I don’t really follow all that. It just seems like poor design decisions and overreach; the age on pretty much all the characters cranked up. The Amazon especially. The game is supposed to hit you in the nostalgia, but I don’t have nostalgia for aging. Randomly changing the ethnicity of the Assassin is pretty weird too, maybe the artists believe that only ninjas are assassins and only Asians can be ninjas? I don’t really care about that one, but uglifying and advanced aging all the characters makes them less rather than more appealing to me. The Amazon especially. While I agree that several other gameplay aspects which are still completely up in the air are way more important than this topic, this isn’t a negligible point. I would very much prefer to see all the characters restored to their previous youth and beauty. We’re supposed to be going back 20 years into the past, not waiting around to witness how our heroes have been ravaged by time 40 years into the future. The Amazon especially.

18 Likes

Can you provide some more information on that please?

You can just transmute the cow portal from another character, then rejoin with whoever wants to make some steaks and kill the cow king anyways. ISO Hooves. If D2R server games don’t persist this option disappears … for solo players. You can still have your friend hold the game open and do it though.

3 Likes

Just the fact that you can make it on another character and then rejoin after game is permed. We don’t know if that will be possible on D2R though with the way that modern Bnet works.

Edit: I see someone already explained it above.

2 Likes

Hm, does not really sound like the workaround i was hoping for.
Since the quest is registered per character, i thought you meant some (dirty) way to reset the quest for the character again. But i guess my hopes were set too high.

Thanks anyway. Let’s hope the’ll change it.

There is a thread on it btw.

2 Likes

That’s because gameplay is exactly the same as always.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Was just saying they haven’t addressed things like cow king kills etc. and they were talking about changing things that already had workarounds like that. Like when they were talking about being able to view games from other difficulties on another character, so they are changing it to see all games.

1 Like

Not really when there are changes because of modern Bnet and the things I’ve mentioned. But if the character models are that important, there’s just a ton of threads about it and I don’t feel the models are bad. The only one that really sticks out is the Amazon’s face.

1 Like