Reworked Characters?

Will we see the character appearances be reworked at all?

38 Likes

doubt It, they just wanna push certain politics in to games

33 Likes

You’ll know when beta comes I’m sure.

If they aren’t changed then hopefully I can mod the models and still play on closed or seasonal Bnet.

If I can’t, that’ll be a problem.

14 Likes

I could have sworn that in one of these interviews on YouTube, the big producer guy said that we would get a character art update at the end of this month. Hopefully, they did change the models. Drastically. Which is what it would take to actually faithfully render the characters the way they were originally rendered but in higher quality. Drastic reversal. Let’s hope.

17 Likes

you got a link to the interview? the last i heard about that topic was in the korean interview, there it sounded very negativ in that regard. you are getting my hopes up…

1 Like

For Diablo 4. It is the quarterly Blog update they have been doing.

Correct. That, and any Twitter posts.

2 Likes

That’s for D4. The art update. Nvmd I see Cheetah got it.

We’ll know by the beta. Whatever the characters look like there, is how they’ll look at release.

3 Likes

Oof, I really really really hope they decide to stay true to the exact looks of the original characters, despite how unrealistic some people think it is.

10 Likes

It’s high fantasy, within a gothic setting. Unrealistic is the norm. Forget about angels and demons, the main antagonist is usually a dude that shoves a giant crystal through his or her frontal lobe and doesn’t immediately die.

The men could be Magic Mike and the women could be Victoria Secret models both clad in fantasy armor, and it wouldn’t be pushing the bounds of the genre.

14 Likes

I agree, but there some on this forum who think the heroes fighting the devil and his minions with magical projectiles and undead servants should somehow be grounded in realism. It’s contradictory to the world of Diablo, but what can we do?

9 Likes

There’ve been a few on here that love to laugh and point out that the character models are inconsequential because I’m still paying for the game.

What they fail to note, on purpose or otherwise, is that no payment is final until the game is released. The Beta, it’s changes, and mod flexibility as outlined by Blizzard will be the true determining factor.

The overall consensus online is to never preorder a remake from Blizzard under any circumstances, but I’m a sap for D2, so here I am.

3 Likes

Same, I held out for a bit, but the original D2 is still one of my favorite games of all time. Probably #2, behind WoW.

2 Likes

“the women could be Victoria Secret models both clad in fantasy armor,”

Please no. Not after the new models they announced they were hiring.

9 Likes

That’s a very fine point.

Touché.

7 Likes

Did you really just click on a thread, not contribute to it at all, and tell someone to grow up?

Hrrmmm.

6 Likes

There’s bait in here that hopes you derail to chase it. Don’t take the bait.
I took it for you.

I know I already said, “We’ll know by beta” but I honestly would be pretty shocked if they didn’t rework at least ONE character. Not a specific one necessarily, although we all have our preference.

The idea that ALL the character models were perfected in January, 9 months before release, is rather silly considering the main feedback has been about that exact thing.

I would suggest cautious optimism. Which is also a good recommendation for life in general.

4 Likes

Teenage Deckard will be awesome. Voiced by Michael J. Fox.

“Wait a minute… Wait a minute… aah. Are you telling me, you unleashed the Lord of Hell? pant Out of a DeLorean?!”
“Stay a while by the DeLorean.”
“If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
“So why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here.”

5 Likes

You guys are so focused on character models and yet are fine without having important details about gameplay lol. Put a helmet on it and shush. Let’s nag them for gameplay details.

I honestly don’t see them reworking the models. They may soften the zons face, but I think that’s about it. The latest video they released at E3 looks like the same models.

1 Like

Be fair.

This is a thread about character models. There are a variety of other issues being addressed in other threads that get updated just as often as this one.

I don’t go to the Saving the Whales convention and talk about how you should be prioritizing famine and poverty.

11 Likes