Returning Player Need Help

I came from the season when Necromancer started. I remember I was using Trag’oul set mostly back then. I played a Trag’oul Skeletal Mage Build and mostly the Trag’oul Blood Lance build beaten my Witch Doctor record on the time before Rhykker started making D3 videos. I also played some Rathma’s Pet builds and even played Pestilence Gold-making Avarice builds. However, I never played Inarius set.

I only made 3 sittings so far on this season reached level 70 before I finished the story campaign as I level up at Torment 3. I am just following the Seasonal Quests/Campaign and just completed Chapter 3 last night getting my 3rd and 4th piece Inarius set.

I find Inarius Set underwhelming on DPS as it takes forever to kill a Heavy Boss or Elite but the Tanking so far is great. It’s opposite to my Trag’ouls Blood Lance Build where its DPS is so high but the Tanking is LOL. Looking at the internet, I can see Inarius build centers around its Bone Armor set bonus abilities with Simulacrum - Skeletal Mage as its main weaponry. It would all depend on what loot I would get.

So far, I have the 4-pc Inarius with Razeth’s Volition Shoulder on my Kanai’s cube doing Torment 6. I will just complete the 4th Chapter to complete my Inarius Set.

Anything new that I need to know? I only made GR 75+ on Blood Lance back then… GR70 on Rathma’s Pet build or Blood Skeletal Mage Build and only GR65 on Pestilence Bone Spear Avarice build. Of course, my main objective would be to beat my old records before WoW: Shadowlands comes in.

Look up some of LordFluffy’s guides.

He had links to them in this Necromancer forum.

Generally speaking, Legacy of Dreams (LoD) and Inarius builds are king for Necro’s currently. The current flavours of the month are the Grim Scythe build and the Corpse Explosion build isn’t too bad either of you don’t mind the LotD playstyle.

Just to clarify, you can use either LoD, or Inarius for both builds. The set is going to be easier to get started seeing you already have it.

If you’re not familiar with LoD, it does the same thing as the old Legacy of Nightmares (LoN) ring set, but it’s a Legendary Gem instead which is generally considered better.

I personally prefer Grim Scythe, but that’s mainly because I’m not a fan of builds revolving around LotD’s cooldown.

Here’s a couple links to the most popular Necro builds this patch.

1 Like

I never made it to LoN level back then… maybe becoz I was so Casual… less play time.

I am just surprised on current gearing becoz it was a bit easy. Not sure if becoz I had previous experience with Necromancers. Chapter 1 to 4 is so easy on me… I leveled up on Torment 3 and at level 45, I pumped it to Torment 5. When I reached 70, I pumped it to Torment 6 then completed the Chapter 4 easily… on my 4th sitting on this game.

When I got the 6 pieces of the Seasonal gear which is Inarius, I was surprised at 10000% damage increase bonus of the 6th set piece. It’s like my gameplay jumped from Torment 6 to Torment 11 just by that 10000% damage bonus. I think I can do T12 and T13 right now but I am not pushing it hard as I havent even started doing my gems yet. I remember I did Ghom at T6 the other day. Took me 5 minutes to put him down with just 4 pcs of Inarius. Now I redo Ghom at T11 but now with 6 pcs of Inarius and he fell down on me in 3 seconds.

And the thing is, I just got 4th Ancient legendary right now. I rarely saw Ancient Legendaries back then. If I got Ancient Legendary drops back then, I could have finished my game then beyond GR75. I dont know… but the drops are way way better now than before.

Hope I would have patience on repetitive activities. Hope I could complete the Poison Inarius Set. I am on Cold (Rime) Inarius Set so far… to slow mobs as I dont have a good Scythe weapon yet.

First week necro was fun. Soon Hit a wall with dps. All things are relative. Tryed a DH, and in one day , the new DH was blasting thru levels twice as easy and twice as fast as necro. Necro is great, until it is not. WW Barb, actually took 2 days to pass my necro. Now I really regret time wasted on necro. Have fun on necro, just dont do anything to compare. Or you will regret it.

I feel you, but it’s an experience, try not to think of it as a waste, at least now you know :slight_smile:

Again I can totally relate to this, if you compare even the lod poison scythe with other classes like GoD DH, wwrend or WD’s, even with good gears the they are still far behind…the lod scythe could hardly take on elite packs, although they are super trash killers (also timing for CoE poison every 12 secs cycle is not exactly fun :stuck_out_tongue:, while others just spin or burst things down without even clicking on specific targets), and the LotD build with huge CD is not worth mentioning…at least that was my experience lol

But, there must be a reason why it’s rated as S-tier GR push, probably it’s super good at higher Gr push which I am not close to experiencing that…

Good points all. I did enjoy the run with new necro. Also, its it’s the Masq lack luster performance that’s got me wrenched .
LOD poison build is another level of gear commitment. I’m tempted, but wondering if worth gathering work and different play style. I’ll check the bank. Give it a try. Scythe teleportation might be viable fun. Really wish the NEW set was better.

Maybe supposed to speed thru 70s with Masq gathering gear for LOD? then push with lod? They are s-tier, but 4th ? Behind sets.

Necro sets suck!

Go LoD!