Request for an offline and LAN mode as a return to form for the series

Here I am yet again posting my desire for an offline mode with LAN support to enjoy the series again.

I understand that if you had an option for an offline mode with LAN support that activisionblizzard is worried that they’d lose money in china because most people don’t own PC’s there and go to LAN centers to use PC’s but this is supposed to be a western game company with western values.

3 Likes

You realize the reason offline mode is not implemented for a lot of games is so that it can stay hackfree, or not be hacked so easily.

Prove it. Show me where activisionblizzard has officially said that.

2 Likes

It was stated in Blizzcon that D4 is going to be online only. Any requests for offline and such are completely pointless.

stop posting this crap on here. it’s not happening. how many times do they have to say this?

Sorry but I know if they do the online only bs with microtransactions there will be a crap story that’s barely put together and will be a lazy cashgrab. There will be a few pretty cutscenes to mask the fact that the story is tripe just like with diablo 3.

I firmly believe they’re trying to do what PoE does to generate revenue by forcing people into cities so you can see their cool MTX they bought. It’s the same reason why they patented that exact same matchmaking system to force nonpayers with payers as a means to trick them into buying unnecessary garbage.

2 Likes

And here it goes again…

They only have to say it once and that’s just to confirm their stance.

But for some, no matter how many times it is said, they won’t stop requesting it. They simply cannot bring themselves to accept that Blizzard has made their choice.

1 Like

Omg another thread i dont want offline, if you want offline then dont buy it

Wait - you think seeing someone else with a cool cosmetic transmog forces or tricks people into buying said item? Do you also feel forced or tricked into buying things you see in a store? How about when a neighbor shows up with a nice new jacket? You are forced or tricked into buying one?

Indeed. Blizzard has not made a game with a full offline mode in a decade. They already said no. Chances of them changing that stance, based on past game dev history, are slim.

Exactly. Nobody forces anyone to buy a game they don’t like.

1 Like

But we want to give activisionblizzard our money. We just seen what online only diablo looks like and it’s gross.

3 Likes

You don’t like Diablo 4 so far. Got it.

Still wanting to give Blizzard money for a game you don’t like, is illogical.

Buy a game you DO like. Wolcen has offline and Torchlight 3 will have an offline mode. Both are similar and Torchlight 3 has one of the original Diablo devs involved.

While I am hoping for offline options, I don’t think another thread was really needed.

I am still watching d4 to see if their stance changes, but I am not exactly holding my breath. Good thing there is a lot of other options .

LET. IT. GO, let it go

Maybe just offline mode. Split screen co-op, which is confirmed for the game, seems like a reasonable alternative to LAN.

I guess I’m of the few that like playing hardcore without server delay and random lag deaths that are completely avoidable by having an offline mode with LAN so I can play with friends without being shackled to blizzards servers.

6 Likes

I understand why Blizzard doesn’t want to do an online mode. On the other hand, I understand players wanting an offline mode too. People like options.

Lets say the internet goes down for some reason and the player still wants to play Diablo (3, 4, 5, etc.), they can with the offline mode option.

Also, there are things called laptops. People can play offline mode for a while when they travel, especially if they are in a hotel with really cruddy internet.

Then of course, as you mentioned, there is hardcore mode. It would be more enjoyable for a player to play a hardcore character if the player didn’t have to worry about lag spikes. All they have to worry about is their framerate, that can be easily fixed by not playing on a potato.

1 Like

lol

Lugging your computer around with you hasn’t been the thing to do for like a decade now. The internet allows you to connect with anyone, anywhere, and in most cases with more people than allowed before. Consoles, for instance, used to be 4 players maximum… then came online and now there’s games you can party up to 16 players.

For what reason? You don’t like their games and you don’t like their practices. Why would you want to give them money? It makes no sense.

I give my money to companies that make games I want to play. I don’t give my money to Blizzard because they’re Blizzard.

1 Like

And like meteor often replied, you play offline with your friend. Seeing you might die And you pull The plug. And next time you play online with a char who had to be dead

Dude you need to stop posting this garbage
Offline isn’t happening and a large portion of the vocal player base don’t want it and agree with Blizz. Time to move onto something constructive. I mean you got your official responce at Blizzcon. A big NO. What more do you want