[REPORT] Extended screen range

Hm.
It proves you did’nt really played it or only “public duels” which is far from being representative of d2 pvp and really bad as you said.

There is tournaments, pvp rules, “good manered” players, 1vs1, 4vs4. It’s technical and fast paced.

I know this is just words anyway.

It’s not to late to try. You have free private pvp realm : D2GA .net

12 Likes

i did pvp one season back in the day it was so lame and so mind numbing boring chasing people for ears and no real ladder or leader board it was a gimmick and who gives a damn! I never even thought or considered pvp a thing when playing d2 because of how lame and much of a joke it was. Legit dont care about pvp at all its a gimmick / a joke

2 Likes

:rofl:

“post must be at least 20 characters”

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Nobody chase ears. The goal of pvp is to enjoy it (lol?) to have fun and get better.

Well i give up, have a nice day. You missed something.

10 Likes

If this goes unchanged to release, It will essentially ruin d2 pvp or at least make It EXTREMELY unfair.

Even PvM will suffer from this, but not in the same scale

9 Likes

Na sorry, pvm didn’t suffer, even a little bit. Again, it’s the same discussion like many years ago about 4:3 and 16:9.

I love D2R in 21:9, even in PvP.

5 Likes

Well I’m sure you do love It, you have an advantage compared to others :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah I mean, ultrawide for PvM does exactly one thing: it makes PvM better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

easier*

But only for people with it.

5 Likes

I agree they need to implement some kind of “Fog” for gameplay and also effective range of skills… otherwise PVP and the competive scene will be full of meteor camping sorc’s 50 metres away attacking someone that can only see 30 m in each direction

3 Likes

just because of pvp giving up on ultrawide?
go play d2 original then… sure pvp in diablo2 is a thing, but not the main game
we are living in 2021, every game should support ultrawide, its just beautiful
if you had a ultrawide monitor you would say otherwise too

3 Likes

I dont think people want to be giving up on ultrawide. They just want fair PVP.

Edit: So a solution with a fog of war (see/light radius?) would work great if that also included effective skill radius

3 Likes

I like the “go play…” argument… as usual, it’s so easy.

What if we wanted to play the new d2 also? with all this :
-playerbase
-no bots (i hope)
-no dupes (i hope)
-no hacks (i hope)
-new players (USA, Europe, ASIA together)
-shared stash
-cool features

PvP is the end game for most people and the main reason to play / build your character.

I think you don’t get my point.
I doesn’t mather if i have an ultrawide monitor, I don’t care to win or loose.
I don’t want to win against someone just because i have super cool wide screen, i want to win because i am better.

More than that i just want the game to be fair for everyone.

I think the extra range that gave ultrawide monitor should be reworked. For example with a more “zoomed” wide screen.

11 Likes

yes for a lot of people, but for a lot of people pve is the main game
from my point of view the main game focus is clearly pve, and thats why there is ultrawide support.

maybe there is a pvp function or even a mod in the future with a requirement to just play the game in 16:9.

The reason Diablo 2 LOD still has an active player base is mainly because of PVP, people usually MF run to find items for their PVP characters (and sell on trading forums/ingame). So I would say PVP is the main focus of diablo 2 players… and a fair PVP scene will be vital for the longevity of the game.

So I’m all up for widescreen support but there needs to be some checks and balances when it comes to PVP, otherwise I fear D2R might be boring in the endgame and people will drop off once they have played through hell a few times… Why do 999 chaos runs just to find that godly 4 sox eth vortex (Ebugged ofc) with 45 All Res to make that BM Exile that you cannot even use effectivly because you get meteor snipped outside act 1? :stuck_out_tongue:

So once again, I am pro widescreen support. Just make sure PVP is fair for all. Either by capping the effective range of skills, implementing a war fog or some other way to make it fair…

7 Likes

The “go play” argument comes often from all old-school try harder D2 fans when it comes to a discussion about some changes in the remake :wink:

And Well, PvP in D2 is only this “good” because D2 don’t have really Endgame content.

2 Likes

Yeah.
This is mine : Let’s Go play together D2R and enjoy it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s sounds really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s sort of an advantage for people who have that kind of a setup; but to me it’s not more of an advantage than a keyboard with built-in macro keys. Won’t really matter to most people and to those that it really does; They’ll figure out how to get the things they want for the setup they dream chasing~ imo It’s sort of a self solving issue and I disagree with messing with Sorceresses’ teleport as it’s always been ability to teleport to the edge of your screen.

Do I own one of these crazy monitors?? no… would I like to?, maybe one day~
Will other people’s ability to slightly see more really have an effect on my gameplay? not really…

1 Like

The solution to your problem is just not to buy. I played the old Diablo 2 that your problems will be solved. Diablo 2 RE does support 21:9 and 32:9 monitors. https : // youtu. be/ FbXg2sgyu2Q