Release in december was basicly confirmed

Exactly, thats one of the reason why i think that they will let season end normaly so player can switch to D2R as season ends. I think many players would want to finish their last season. For many its part of their gaming history, last season will be kind of iconic, maybe actualy last one with bigger player base as it might start dying fast after D2R.

In a way, classic D2 might be more clean after D2R starts as most likely majority of bots will go there.

They said it wont be following the same seasonal timelines either, You are not reading it as they are intending it.

They said, this SEASON will be the last before D2R, not D2R comes out AFTER this season, They clearly stated it will have a different seasonal Cadence as well. Best guess at this point is every 4-6 months, starting in september release ?

2 Likes

The Devs have stated, and the D2: R homepage says more frequent restarts. They’ll probably go with either a 3, or 4 month Ladder season since both numbers go into 12.

It’s a possibility. If D2: R does release in December and the Ladder seasons are 3 months:
D2 Ladder reset: December, 2021
D2: R 1st Ladder: December, 2021
D2: R Ladder reset: March, 2022
D2 Ladder reset: June, 2022
D2: R Ladder reset: June, 2022
D2: R Ladder reset: September, 2022
D2 Ladder reset: December, 2022
D2: R Ladder reset: December, 2022
Notice difference in length of each reset whether it’s D2/D2: R is 3 months, 3 months, 3 months, 3 months.

If D2: R does release in December and the Ladder seasons are 4 months:
D2 Ladder reset: December, 2021
D2: R 1st Ladder: December, 2021
D2: R Ladder reset: April, 2022
D2 Ladder reset: June, 2022
D2: R Ladder reset: August, 2022
D2 Ladder reset: December, 2022
D2: R Ladder reset: December, 2022
Notice difference in length of each reset whether it’s D2/D2: R is 4 months, 2 months, 2 months, 4 months.

In this situation if D2: R releases in December and the Ladder seasons are 3 months every June, and December they’ll have Ladder resets for both D2, and D2: R! If D2: R releases in December and the Ladder seasons are 4 months every December they’ll have Ladder reset for both D2, and D2: R!

2 Likes

Vicarious Visions is doing a huge mistake If the game only has 3 months ladder. 4 months is ok, but less than that is too short.

6 Likes

I suspect that many players have seriously underestimated how bots affects seasons and the trade economy. This has implications for he length of seasons. 3 months seems awfully short with the drop rates in D2.

6 Likes

I have no idea how many people currently play D2 season but I would bet it’s a tiny fraction of the people that will be playing D2R during first week of D2R launch.

I don’t think Blizzard is basing any plans on interrupting current D2 season to launch D2R - I think if they had it ready, polished, and had already done full open beta and so on, they would just launch it.

So I think they are just burning the oil to get the next Beta out and then, after that, they will just burn the oil to launch. I don’t think D2 ladder season end date is going to impact their plans.

4 Likes

I’d put money D2 gets released before December, the blues have already said the ladders will be on different timers to the og version of the game.

I’d be willing to bet it comes out sometime this summer than any time in the winter.

3 Likes

This, i definitely agree.

6 Likes

I agree 3 months is not anywhere near enough time to fully gear chars.

I just see this as a positive, not a negative.

In D3, I started s23 6 hours ago, and while I have all the base items I need, the grind continues to get ancient/primals.

There is zero possibility I will get all primal legendaries with the stats I desire before 3 months.

It’s the same as d2. You will easily get gear that surpasses the power needed to breeze through content, but so what if you don’t make an enigma and infinity every ladder?

I see 3 month ladders as a benefit, but I still think they’ll end up reverting to 6 month ladders with enough pushback.

I am pretty sure I am in the minority opinion on this topic.

3 Likes

Because then you cannot fully enjoy your chars without good equip. And what then? If you go ladder again, its same process all over again and you will still end up in same place where you dont have what you wanted in short seasons.

When you go non ladder, yes you can enjoy the OP items you wanted but you cant find ladder equip anymore. So you are kind of limiting yourself and if you dont go ladder again next time you will have no ladder items to transfer to non ladder. Also it migh very well happen that many of your friends will go ladder or if you go ladder some of your friends might go to non ladder from reasons above hoping they will get some ladder items from old friends who play the ladder after the reset.

In any way i think of it, shorter ladder season is very bad idea. And it will have several negative impacts.

I think people completely lost imagination how will ladder without mass botting look like and how big negative effect they have on economy. If you say that bots will be there again in numbers as in D2, i say its because blizz will allow it and i will not play there long term just like many others.

1 Like

They call it Ladder for a reason. Sometimes you can’t be on top all the time. One season I may be able to find/trade for all the gear I’m wanting. Other seasons I may not be able to find/trade for all the gear I’m wanting. Just gotta go with the flow and use alternate items. Also, like I’ve said before with shorter seasons not as much Ladder Only items will be found because with longer seasons everyone will have fully geared fast top notch characters able to find a lot of Ladder Only items. But, with shorter seasons people won’t have as much fully geared fast top notch characters, and so less Ladder Only items will be found making Ladder Only items on Non-Ladder more scarce, and worth more. Ladders are meant to be short, and getting to a certain point. Non-Ladder is meant to be laid back, and you have all the time in the world to gear up a character because there is no time limit. Both long Ladders, and short Ladders have their pros and cons, but in my opinion short Ladders have more pros and less cons than long Ladders! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One season you may find a deaths fathom.
The next you settle for oculus.
Maybe one season you don’t get to play much, and settle on a Wizspike.

I find this more fun than every season with thousand of full-tal sorc running around.

Most good Arpg are like this now.
I think d2 following a shorter season is terrific. There will be seasons many players will have to skip, myself included. I would hate to 2 months in to a 6 month season, much nicer to plan resets at 3 months.

I prefer seeing chars with much varied items. 3 months provides this.

It was never about being on top for majority of players. Ladder length was always mostly about economy. If items starts to lose value fast, then there is reason for reset, not sooner.

And yet that was not the case back in the day with 1 year long seasons and without huge number of bots.

And there was rune duping btw so runes were cheaper to get.

I want to play season with enigma and other expensive rune words. I want to have MF char using enigma. I dont want to make enigma and then reset ladder in few days.

I am experienced player and MF freak so i will have it most likely a lot sooner before the end but my point is that way too many players will not. And yet i have doubt i will be able to accomplish all i would want in 3-4 month length season.

Uh, its already confirmed by Blizzard that the game will release this year? Whats the point of this post?

It literally says the game will be at least available before the end of 2021 when you buy the game. How is this not clear to you people?

Do you even read this forum? Many think it will be released a lot sooner. Thats why i made this topic, to give reasons why i think it will be end of the year.

Because it’s just a place holder it can be litterally delay above 2022.

1 Like

You are right in that the release date of by December 31, 2021 is a place holder; however, all the information that we have from Blizzard from their forum posts, interviews, and notably the recent quarterly investor report is that the game will be released the second half of 2021. The precise date remains vague. My guess (and it is a guess) is that it will be late Q3 at the earliest. Since Blizzard did not say Q3 in the investor report (They explicitly stated in the second half of 2021), I assume that they wanted the flexibility to release it in Q4 if things take longer than expected.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of people ignoring that they said “last ladder reset” and not “last ladder”

All they are confirming is D2R is slated to release within 6 months of June 11

2 Likes

The only thing they confirmed is d2r will come before D:I

D:I comes before December 31 as well. One can only assume d2r comes smack in the middle of June 11 and Dec 31.

September 20th is the best bet.

2 Likes