Reducing the bounty mats required for reforge

Not more bounty mats. But, by all means do, lessen the bounty mats required for reforge from 5 down to 3.

5 Likes

Huh? It’s an old game. At this point they should just give us a hero editor and allow us to change our stats and gear freely to our desired affixes and values. Doing bounties is so 2013.

3 Likes

People still do them, although you may not. Of course those that automate wouldn’t care either way. It does beg the question, if you consider D3 so old a game, why are you weighing in? Take a peek into bounties at any given time (T16) and, check this out, people are still in there running them.

Aren’t consoles being abused (referring to your hero editor)? When you see a 1400 para with 7 useful primals equipped on a seasonal toon, kind of a tell.

2 Likes

Might as well ask for zero mat for reforge so everyone don’t have to do bounty in the endgame. It is easier.

2 Likes

Tbf, OP is only asking for a reduction to the required bounty mats that’s needed for the reforge function. Even with the proposed 3 bounty mats costs, there’s still the 50 forgotten souls that’s also required for reforging, which imo is the more expensive part of the reforging mechanic than the 5 bounty mats.

10 Likes

7 and last post before i delete it. True, but at season end, always have surplus of forgotten souls, and almost zero bounty mats. Have 200k non seasonal, from many seasons. Appreciate the considered response though, very refreshing, when it’s obvious actual thought went into it. Kudos.

True, I wasn’t considering season’s end as well as the transition into non-season. Either way, I honestly don’t believe your request is unbelievable, and in fact is rather valid. However, I don’t believe we’ll see such adjustments from Blizzard for Diablo 3. Also, while these forums can be a tad rough at times, try not to let some of the responses get you down.

1 Like

My first choice would be for them to reduce the affix RNG for legendaries (even while decreasing their drop rate), thus requiring fewer reforges. Barring that, dropping the cost to 3 mats is reasonable.

1 Like

(Post withdrawn by author, which will automatically be replaced in 24 hours by materials requested by the thread author as a one-off, because the developers are not listening.)

Why so many retracted posts? o_O

Honestly, the Forgotten Souls requirement has never been the expensive part for me. I’m still sitting on ~15k of them. This will tell you the percentage of useful Legendaries I’ve received this season.

The proposal to lower the price for Bounty materials is interesting, but I think it’s not really going to solve the problem. If the reason for asking is time invested into bounties, maybe asking for fewer “activate X item while constantly being reset by one offscreen monster you didn’t see” missions might help. There was another thread, and blast it I can’t remember which one, which suggested being able to select all bounties from a list. I remember counter-arguing one “freebie” we could select, to get rid of the most annoying ones on each list. That might help.

If it’s just the price we’re talking about, then why not increase the amount of materials per cache? Why specifically the cost to reforge? I have questions.

EDIT: I know you guys don’t care much about Console players, but it matters for this post. If we lower the cost of materials per reforge…how’s that going to play out with the current troubles of Console players dashboarding?

2 Likes

I would love to see a reduce in cost to reforge, or more bounty mat drops.

1 Like

Because I still play this old game. A hero editor would be refreshing.

I’m sitting on 35k of each bounty mat and over 200K of FS. So farming them isn’t hard but a hero editor would make things easier. A good bounty group can push out a set of bounties in under 10 minutes. Pressing reforge all the time is time consuming.

1 Like

i use reforge a lot, and a lot of crafting, yet i have 60k souls but only like 1,6 bounty mats, the point is 5 mats and 50 souls per reforging is good, i think t16 should give 25 mats per bounty… not sure why 22. 25 o 30 should be enough to balance the souls and the mats…

1 Like

The thing is that they should start with a better % rate at Kadala. When they 1st gave Kadala you spent what 5 or 10 blood. She is just as bad as the cube. I have gone to her and have it where I got nothing but yellows & blues 3 times in a row.

I’m sorry but everything is broke. Kadala, cube and the fat lady. You grind for hours just to get slap in the face by what you get from those three. I’m not saying give US everything on a silver plate. But any thing would better than the 1% chance you get now.

Kadala, bounty rerolls, or gear from rifts all have the exact same drop chance. The more rolls you do the more apparent it is. You just need to understand that primals are 1/450 ruffly. That means for every 2,250 bounty mats you will average one primal. Some may come sooner and some later. So to say kadala or any other drop chance is bad is a known thing and really isn’t worth conversation. You need to be thinking of kadala and reroll as a bonus not something that is mandatory. If you compared someone that only farmed GRs vs someone who spent a large amount of time doing bounties I guarantee you their gear would basically be the same but the GR farmer would have 3x the paragon. All i’m saying is bounties are terrible for efficiency and your gear progression will be similar. GRs drop gear for all slots and bounty rerolls are only one slot at a time. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Nevermind that.

Lower the number of FORGOTTEN SOULS to 25 instead. 50 is beyond ridiculous, considering how fast they run out.

How about reforge never results in an item downgrade?

Reforge an ancient legendary, it stays an ancient legendary except with a slight chance to be primal.

Reforge a primal, it stays a primal.

2 Likes

I’m good with that. The system is already so heavily reliant on RNG as it is…we don’t need to downgrade our own items in a futile attempt to improve them.

Legendaries do stay legendary when reforged…

:roll_eyes:

Yes, but if you reforge a primal ancient legendary and you get a legendary or an ancient legendary, whilst it remained a legendary, it’s still a downgrade.