Reducing the bounty mats required for reforge

The mats are rarely the gatekeepers. Souls are.

I have had the opposite experience. Iā€™m sitting on a hoard of Forgotten Souls and keep having to run bounties to get my reforge materials.

1 Like

I would definitely agree with this suggestion, especially the Forgotten Souls bit (I usually run out of that more than the bounty mats).

Even if they donā€™t consider this for a permanent change, perhaps we can see this as part of a new theme for an upcoming Season?

I think that would be awesome for primals. But I also think it would require a much higher resource cost to balance it out.

The general of ancient to normal doesnā€™t seem like a problem to me, I just keep a spare crappy non ancient for reforge so as to not screw the ancient up. And ancients arenā€™t nearly as rare so it seems unnecessary to me.

True. I can easily get 100 bounty mats in a short time, and it takes longer to have 1000 FS in a short time. The number of legendary drops capped at 12 in GR90, at least this is what I heard from. So I would need to clear GR90 at least 84 times for GR90. Even if it takes an average of 2~3 minutes to clear GR90, it still longer than gathering 100 bounty mats where it will take like 5 bounty runs.

And yes, for argument sake, I didnā€™t include Kadala, ancient salvage, RG drop and legendaries from caches. If I included Kadala, ancient salvage, FS drop, and bounty caches, the number of the GR90 run will be lower, but it will still take a long time to gather 1000 FS.

1 Like

Same here. But then again, Iā€™m almost exclusively a solo player and thus donā€™t do split bounties so the rate I acquire bounty mats is much slower.

My non-seasonal materials disagree with youā€¦
https://i.imgur.com/C8FJrtN.jpg

Cubeā€™s ā€œUpgrade rare to legendaryā€ recipe
I have enough Deaths Breaths to do that 446 times.
I have enough white / blue / yellow materials to do that 11,494 times.
The limitation to my upgrades is Deaths Breaths.

Cubeā€™s ā€œReforge Legendaryā€ recipe
I have enough Bounty materials to do that 4 times.
I have enough Forgotten Souls to do that 790 times.
The limitation to my reforges is Bounty materials.

As an old school player, I think you might be the exception. Youā€™ve played alot of NS, and probably wirh great efficiency, so you have many Souls, but you didnā€™t go nuts on double bounties with GoD set last season to store up. I have a third of your Souls, but about 2,700 of each bounty mat.

1 Like

In the end it depends on the player I suppose. For example, I have plenty of bounty materials, but occasionally run low on forgotten souls.

Thatā€™s certainly true, as I played Season 21 for under a week, as the themeā€™s lighting changes were giving me headaches. Not even the lure of double bounties was worth suffering that.

Back in Season 15 the entire theme was double bounty caches and, unusually, the theme also applied to non-seasonal heroes. In that season I think I finished Guardian in a few days, then spent the rest of the season my non-seasonal WW/Rend Barb doing pretty much nothing else than public split bounties.

At the end of that, I had thousands of bounty mats, and the farming kept me supplied for a number of months. Sadly, they ran out a long time ago. To make use of my almost 40,000 souls, Iā€™d need to farm 4000 bounty mats. At 22 per T16 run, thatā€™s around 1800 split groups. Even assuming they took 15 minutes each, thatā€™s 450 hours. Assuming 2 hours a night, thatā€™s 225 days, or over seven months.

1 Like

Yeah. I never have enough FS in every season that I played because I reforged a lot in every season.

My playing schedule is pretty simple:

I will keep running whatever GR for paragon exp until I stored up at least 1k FS, and then I will run bounties until I can use all the FS I have. Rinse and repeat.

I feel your pain. You are probably too good a player to want to suffer mindless T16 split bounties. Frankly so was I, but I took it in S21 for this reason.

Iā€™m also stingy with crafting. I think the most i ever spent was like 7,000 Souls to find a high CD ancient Dawn. And it was worse than the Dawn I later found on S21 by accident. In fact, I only spent FS on 3 builds: Dawn for GoD, Haunted Visions for Spear, and ancients for LoD Blessed Shield.

Sadly, Iā€™m on the search for a truly god-tier Flavour of Time with Physical, CHC, CHD, CDR and a socket. Iā€™m aware that even if I farmed 4000 bounty mats, the chance of getting what Iā€™m after from that stock of materials is almost zero.

The problem with bounty mats is that there are 5 different types. Why is that? Why not just make one type from bounties. Keep the costs the same, keep the rewards the same, but just make them all one type. People will still do public bounties, as you get 5 done much faster in a group. I find myself piling up a few different types and always running out of one or two types. That is annoying.

I found one with all 3 rolls naturally and element retooled, but all the values are far from perfect.

I agree, bounty mats are fine. I can deal with that, no problem. The 50 souls a pop is a bit much, especially in the beginning. By the time 50 is trivial, you wonā€™t even need to reroll anymore. Well, unless itā€™s for an alt or if you are really into min/maxing everything.

rather give me the ā€œconvert ancient to primal with the same rollsā€ recipe.
might as well cost 5000 souls and 500 bounty mats each, totally worth itā€¦

the amount of otherwise perfect ancients I had to crush (because the secondary was at the lowest posible value) is driving me crazy

I have a number of ancients that Iā€™d gladly pay that price to upgrade to primal.

Another take could be to get a new recipe that allows a rerolled item to be allowed to reroll another stat.
The cost should be high though. Very high even.
Example you an ancient Flavor of Time and all the stats are wrong.
You reroll one to a stat you desire.
Grind for mats for the recipe, use the recipe and run for the next stat to reroll. This could be done until you get all stats perfect type and values thus it would be uninteresting whether itā€™s ancient or primal.
To do so would require an effort otherwise it would be a blatant give away.
Grinding is part of the game.
Just a thought :wink:

1 Like

As a solo-only player, bounty mats are by far the greater bottleneck for me than souls are.

3 Likes