Reaching H3 as $5 player

First 5 Dollars input is no longer called F2P. Even if you took only 99 cents, it is not longer F2P.
I am F2P. Have not spend any money at this game.
It makes a huge difference if you have the battle pass or not. Look ingame what you get without it or look whyt you just got from it.
As real F2P it is really hard to get enough normal gems to get your secondary items to rank 3 or even higher. I reached to get those items to 2 all up to now. The primary items, it took long to have them all at 8 and even one weapon at 9.
The gems, I have two two stars, rest is one star and the one stars I did to rank 3, but to get the two stars to higher than 2 is not easy, if you see how many gems it takes to get them from 2 to 3. All I can do to get more effect gems is running for the runes and from time to time have craft a new one.
My CR is about 1450, what lets me play at hell2, but hell3 is far, far away to think of it.
Or getting the 4th set piece, but maybe I am just very unlucky.
My other stat is 285 and that is what you could expect as F2p. Only way to get really stronger is just those gems. Paragon is a laugh, Reliquary far from being upgraded also and items are not giving really an big boost. It all depends at those pay gems.
With your screenshot you proved that you have such combat Rating over 2k, also you got all items to 10 and the stat of 420 is also huge.
You must have had big luck or a team, what used money to farm in hell3 and they took you along. So even with 5 dollars, you are much better than a real F2p.
I am Paragon 62, playing about 2 hours a day, doing my daylies and some tries to get my 4th set pieces in dungeons, but still no luck.

Freetoplay means no money at all. Yours is more like telling I am playing SSF in multiplayer groups.

1 Like

Another reason is probably you haven’t played enough time I feel. Shadow war/Kion’s Ordeal gives one legendary crest per week. Weekly raid gives scoria twice a week to upgrade Helliquary to lvl 15 for me. It takes almost no material to level primary gear to lvl 10 if you do side request every day etc.

LoL! To bad you failed the test miserably!
By the way “Don’t Feed The Troll” unless you are trolling the Troll. :wink:

$5 is not enough to give someone enough of an upper-hand to warrant this reaction IMO. I spent about $10…on the battle pass, and transmog items. To be honest, it’s still pretty much F2P at that spending level. The transmog obviously does nothing for power, and to be honest, even the battle pass did practically nothing.

I mean, to be fair, sure they spent $5, and TECHNICALLY you can maybe call that no longer F2P…but let’s sit back for a second and realize that $5 in this game literally means nothing.

2 Likes

Which is part of why it is important to not consider those $5 F2P. Since the possibility of payments are so insane in D:I, where does it end. Paying $10,000 is also basically nothing in D:I.

I suppose. But I mean, the comparison of $5 to $10,000 is literally insane. A single battle pass does not give the purchaser that much of an upper hand from a F2P player.

I mean, I get your point, but really $5 is not really not F2P. The power you get from it is literally negligible. In fact, I bet there are plenty of F2P players that are more powerful than I am, even with the battle pass purchase.

EDIT: I made it to Hell 2…and yet everywhere I go, I get the dreaded “This area is too difficult” text. So, really, tell me how that battle pass made a difference?

1 Like

“Not F2P” and P2W are not the same. Spending $5 doesn’t mean it is necessarily P2W. Could have been spent on cosmetics for example. You just aren’t F2P at that point. That is all I am saying. That would also be the case if the game only sold cosmetic stuff.

The Battle Pass is not much power for sure (on the other hand, for people who get the battle pass month after month it is likely going to add up), but it is some power at least. I doubt anyone can really quantity how much of a difference the first one makes.

Ok, I’ll give you that that F2P and P2W are definitely not the same.

A single battle pass purchase is not at all P2W, and I would even argue that it’s still even F2P at that point. At least it is with the current incarnation of the battle pass. It’s literally junk when it comes down to it. Yes, you spent money that should have given you some power…but it really didn’t. Repeated purchases in the future might be worth something, but I would kind of highly doubt it. It’ll be some kind of boost, but barely - unless Blizz gets desperate for more money grabs.

The money is in the Legendary Crests and Orbs IMO. All far too expensive for any “normal” player. So while I do agree that spending $5 is technically no longer F2P…in the end, it’s not even a drop of the hat to matter at all, at least at this juncture in the game.

I guess my biggest complaint on the post that I originally responded to was their acclaim that “It makes a huge difference if you have the battle pass or not”. Because it literally does not.

Edit: And full disclosure, after getting to Hell 1, and buying the Battle Pass, and finding out that I still could not handle Hell 1…I ditched the game like a damn hot potato. I mean, I paid $5 for a supposed “boost”, and I still can’t handle the current content I’m supposed to be in. That’s a major red flag.

so no transaction history?

didnt really think i’d believe you without one, did you?

It’s one day plus a little for S1 end.

Good luck on next season guys.

Well, Mr. “makes 42k in 2 hours, while training with ‘the Israelis’ and ‘British intelligence’ using the US Army Field Manual for Interrogations (as if any of that makes sense), in his spare time,” I doubt any one gives a dead, flying squirrel’s “fart” what you believe or don’t…

Your credibility on this forum is so thin it’s ****'in anorexic. I say this as someone who mostly just sits on the sidelines and laughs (as my post count attests).

1 Like

who are you and why are you talking about me?

Well, according to you, you’re an incredibly fascinating person! It seems you’re living the equivalent of several peoples’ best lives and, to be honest, I’m just thrilled to hear about how it is to live like someone amazing!

Sounds like you are a high-powered businessman by day, and a super-trained agent by night? Tell us more…

1 Like

https://www.101soundboards.com/sounds/412451-alright

Sadly, kind of about as climactic as one might expect…

That clip could very well be said to generally define your persona here…

settle down okay?

The battle pass adds some nice extras, but in no way would I consider it a boost. Take 2 month old accounts and I doubt one could tell which even bought the battle pass. One could even make the argument that it’s not worth the $5 if one grinds a lot. A normal gem, for instance, is worth relatively less the more that are acquired. On the other hand, it’s only $5 in a free to play game. Reasonable people should expect to pay something over time to play their games and be willing to accept the consequences if they don’t.

For the above reasons, I don’t think so at all. Now, given how little power one acquires spending $100 on orbs, that’s a red flag for me. That’s the kind of price one should be expecting to get value out of, and that’s how it works in the vast majority of F2P titles. You can’t even set off the pity system for that price in this game and that should be a massive red flag that they’ve heavily manipulated this entire economy.

The seasons last 35 days each.
Season 2 Battle Pass will begin at 03:00 (server) on Thursday.