Re-roll all primaries on Primals?

My HC Typhoon Wizard just picked up a Primal Magistrate which was very exciting until I saw the Primaries which were attached. I re-rolled one, but I would need to re-roll two just to make the thing usable. Since Primal items are supposed to be perfect items would it be possible to allow us to re-roll more than one skill?

11 Likes

Even just letting us roll a primary AND a secondary would be helpful. Some items are instantly trashed without the proper secondary.

7 Likes

If you want the game to be that easy, why not ask for stats-pick.
The helm comes with all “??” and you click in the desired stats.

There’s no bad stats, because the bad stats for you, might be perfect for someone else.

Primals with bad attributes are the games way of saying “Here’s 15 forgotten souls.”. The difficulty of this game is already weaksauce as it is, making it easier by allowing two or more attribute rolls would just make it less enjoyable IMO. If you enjoy playing Diablo and slaying those demons, then getting that nearly or perfect primal item is worth the wait.

I’m interested in who you think would find a Holy Point Shot quiver that comes with a skill bonus other than 15% Impale on it perfect…

11 Likes

Heh. There is no situation where bad stats on The Magistrate are going to be good for someone else.

6 Likes

I found 4 Primal Dreadlands boots, that had a secondary resist and therefore could not have all resistances.
I guess, that’s because the game is “hard” and not “easy” as I want it to be.

Seriously though, what kind of logic is that?!

In the previous games, the stats on set and legendary items were predetermined, the amounts had little to no variation on the overwhelming majority of the items.

in D3 having to find a primal item with the same name like 5 times for it to be worth equipping is simply stupid, no other way to describe it.

I would ask for stats that make sense for the freaking build, regardless of whether it’s done though multiple re-rolls or predetermined stats, or rerolling all primal stats without the item losing it’s grade (even at high cost).

This!

4 Likes

good idea, but i’d go even further and wish for a way to be able to select each stat when identifying them, but being able to reroll any and every stat with no lockout would be great.

1 Like

If not being able to re-roll each primary, a good solution would be to be able to re-forge Primals and have their status as Primal stay.

There is no worse feeling in the world than finally getting that Primal weapon after a few thousand drops/re-forges, only to have it be worse than the decently rolled ancient one you have been using.

5 Likes

I think we need to let well enough alone. Primals are highly sought after and not guaranteed to be good when they do drop. They are one of the few remaining surprise factors in this game that still give me the desire to continue playing. Most of them are junk… But occasionally you get one that makes you say, “Wow!”

This constant wanting of the game to give you everything you want because you’re too impatient to put the time and effort find them has to stop. It has already destroyed this game enough. Diablo has been and should continue being about the grind, slaying demons and finding loot. You take away that “Wow!” factor, it is no longer Diablo.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m all for primal items staying hard to get. There’s already plenty of top LB players with almost full sets of them. Even my clan mate who plays legit but plays tons of hours doing bounties has almost full set up of good primals.

I have 3 useable primals on my wizard and that’s the most I’ve had on a character :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Previous games? you mean d1 / d2?

That’s a lie, getting a perfect item on d2 is more difficult than on d3. It is a huge lie, of all the uniques / runewords / magic / rare items that are usable 90% have at least 2 random variables, which … be lucky to come out perfect and even more so if your ilvl is high so that its fall is much less.

Show me a perfect DF, perfect tyrael, perfect COA … or show me a rare boots three res perfect 40ligh 40cold 40 fire and have the perfect adds (if here the rare/magic/white items are as good as the uniques, not as in d3) show me a JMOD perfect (def 148) show me dusk shroud/archon plate magic perfect (4sox 100life or 24fhr)

Teach me phase blade 5sox 15ed 3ar or ap 15/15 or staff 5sox 3es 3chilling armor or scepter 5sox 3holy shield + adds or berserk axe eth 5/6 sox 15ed 3ar, sacred targe or vortex perfect def eth ebugged 4sox 45@…

(You can get it by trading it obviously. but you will pay for it because it won’t be anything cheap at all. if you play alone … be very lucky because you will pass stairs and more stairs and you will hardly see any of those perfect items).

Teach me … bah why am I going to continue it would occupy the entire page and more if we start to name the difficult thing to get rare or magic items.
Why complain about the items in d3 … if you walk and drop 1000 legendaries from the ground, which you only have to save as your build needs. Then you do bounties until your eyes bleed. Reroll until your required attributes come out and it’s ancient.

Then the same with another spare item to make it primal.

Total the only rng of d3 is the gr that you want to rank which you have to enter and exit 100 times until I find the 3-4 maps that are viable with viable mobs … fun guaranteed

PS: Before calling myself a d2 fanboy, I think I’ll possibly have + 10k hours on d3. So it’s not a gratuitous criticism

Looks like three letters “RNG” I hate bad rolls too, but they are part of the game.

1 Like

Diablo is a “loot hunting” game. If you get all perfect primal gear and it could have all the correct perfect rolls, what will you “loot hunt” for?

Any build that doesn’t need a specific off-hand could make use of a Holy Point Shot without impale damage since HPS is the only quiver to drop with 15-20% emental damage. I understand your point but if you choose an item, at least choose an item that makes sense.

1 Like

Most of the uniques and runewords in D2 don’t need to be perfect!~
Yes, there are some items where variance matter. Those are not the vast majority of the items in the game, and are not the majority of the item slots, at least for then builds that I play.
Even a bad roll is BiS on most of them.

Few examples at the top of my head:
Shako is a unique, has one variable – defense.
SoJ has zero variance
Arach has 2 variable stats (defense and enhanced defense). Don’t tell me you would throw away Arach till you get one with max defense.
Enigma… minor defense variance…

“That’s a lie, it’s a huge lie!”

Yeah, I’m sure it’s much harder to get BiS items on D2. 1 or 2 affixes with minor variance out of 10 is surely comparable to D3, where if you get 2 wrong affixes, you can only fix one and the Primal is huge downgrade from the ancient you’re already wearing.

That’s a vanity item, nothing more.

I’m sure the one extra point on battle orders (it varies between 1-6, 5 although imperfect will be relatively easy to obtain) will make a huge difference on your build.
EDIT: I misread, you meant Crown of Ages, possibly for dueling. Yes, those are rare. And? There are plenty of helmets, that will work decently, that wont make or break a build.

You said it yourself. In D2 you can even compensate for bad luck by amassing wealth and getting what you want.
In D3 all you can do is do rifts, greater rifts and bounties mindlessly and you have zero guarantees, that you’ll get what you want.

I myself am a D2 fan, Ive played it a lot throughout the years.
I have more than 7K hours on D3… and considering I don’t like many things about D3, its more of my time than this game deserves.

“That’s a lie, it’s a huge lie!”

1 Like

GoD/HA - Needs Ninth Cirri Satchel
LoD/Rapid - Needs Sin Seekers
Nat/Rapid - Needs Sin Seekers
Shadow/Impale - Needs Holy Point Shot
N6/M4 - Needs Bombardier’s Rucksack
UE/MS - Needs Dead Man’s Legacy
M6/Cluster - Needs Bombardier’s Rucksack
UE/Grenade - Doesn’t use a quiver
Nat/RoV - Doesn’t use a quiver
LoD/FoK - Doesn’t use a quiver

So, go on, I’m intrigued. Which build would use a HPS purely for the elemental damage instead of a quiver that gives a massive multiplier to a skill that’s used in the build?

4 Likes

HPS is only used for impale. Even off meta, using a quiver that doesn’t relate to a skill is pointless. You use specific quiver for the skill it relates to or you use another 1 hand crossbow.

As for d2 versus d3 items stat rolls…both has variances and both don’t matter much for most items. Both have few items that the variances matter. D2’s eschutas, death fathom, wolfhowl, CTA, jewels, and so on. As for primals, you don’t have to have a primal to get good enough stats and it’s relatively easy to reforge specially when it’s double bounties. Primal to me is just a trophy that looks cool for end of end game purposes.

D2 items had less total stats on items that roll overall but also had less drop rates.

1 Like

Lie . Yes ofc, we need perfects runewords, at beginning random runeword is nice…ok… for have a perfect char ofc i want perfect eni, perfec cta, perfect grief, perfect forty, perfect dream…
… lol only i have one thing in my mind…cta!!..CTA variables = 2-6, 1-6, 1-4 if u spend rune ohm on cta and get a cta 2-1-1 will be a big trash, Noone will buy u this crap cta, and his value will be 1ist. max 2ist. For do cta u must use a crystal sword 5sox (um or ist price max) but if u did cta on crystal sword eth 5sox price is minimun 1ist…if u did cta on crystal sword eth 5sox 15ed 3 ar (1hr) and u get cta 2-1-1 will be the more biggest trash on world.

Then according to your reasoning this cta is good for you…total u dont need perfect cta…or no?

U played d2? omg
yes, ofc because u will search perfect items no random items. For use or for trade
Arach random = pul or um max 1ist at beginning
perfect arach = vex, ohm runes depending on how the market is at that time

Only there are 3 common items for a few chars/builds that dont have variables, and are wizzy, occulus and soj because shako low def at begining is good after is crap

You confirm that you never played thoroughly d2 or at least you settled for the most basic
Lol in what armor did you put the word enigma?
In a dusk shorud without ed? or in a ap without ed?
if u use for exemple ap 15 ed 3sox (1HR!) and do eni rw (jah it ber) and u get 750plus def…ull armor loses value
perfect enigma is 1378def on ap15ed low enigma is 1160 def. On d2 218 def is much and if we talk about value even more.

We have different perspectives on the game if you think that this is an ornament simply the fact that it is perfect will u rich … when the variables of that weapon are 15-30% cold damage (hahaha lucky to find a 30% in a ladder) and if it is not perfect you will not use a cold facet 5/5

Not to mention that later the other variables are important since they give resistance to lightning and fire (the two most important resistances and the ones that must be maximized above cold and poison)

As I said before I could continue … such as skillers 41-45 life. Do you know how they are achieved? Or is it also an ornament? Or even … well what the hell, skillers between 35-40 life … gg if you find them.

I see that you have named only a few objects which I have quickly refuted showing that it is not as you say. But you haven’t told me anything about the rare, magic or white items … that you can debate me about them, do they also have few variables?

By the way, even a big blue skin soj is better than a skin coral soj :wink:

Finally, as I said before, the rate of fall is much lower in d2 than in d3, so even if an item has 2 to 4 variables, it makes seeing a perfect item very difficult and it is sold in pages for a lot of money.

I’ve only ever had one Tyrael might in my life and I almost spit my heart out of my mouth. Ofc all variables were low. Well it ONLY has 4 variables of 9 … how easy it is to come out perfect right?

Depends on who your talking to though. A lot of people don’t care about trade value, they play without and want no trading. Read the forum for the battles between trade or no trade.

On a non trade value stance, a couple def on enigma or arachnid isn’t going to matter for pk or mobs. It’s a status symbol, that’s it. CTA will matter in pk but not for mobs. The “looks” of items hold no power increase for pk or mobs so again, just a status symbol and for those who are ocd.

1 Like