Re: Recent Banwave

So, I’m curious, what exactly were the parameters for the ban that hit like 60 people. Anyone over 99.5% uptime?

They never tell the exact criteria.

I was more or less commenting on the (lack of) more players that got bonked. Seems it’s retroactive though, because a lot more are being affected. Leaderboards also might be laggy & updating.

60 people isnt a ban wave…is there a blue post saying they did a ban wave I missed?

2 Likes

A lot of high uptime botters got hit by a banwave last night.

What banwave??? On the EU server there are 8 solo DH sub 2 minutes gr 150 clears ; yesterday there were only 2. So i repeat: what banwave?

I think it is useless to play the game right now considering that there is a live exploit going on and people are constantly using it with little to no consequence. I don’t care for the leaderboards, since i’m not going to make the leaderboards anyway, but seeing that exploiting and cheating are being tolerated is a big disappointment and to me it looks like the developers have given up.

2 Likes

If the bans were targeted at botters, then obviously the exploiters would still remain.

Logic. Please use it.

2 Likes

So its pointless for YOU to play the game and have fun because OTHERS cheat and ARE NOT in YOUR GAME and only effect the leader boards that dont matter and that botters are on it none stop for years now BUT NOW its pointless??? Look people need to NOT worry about anyone else. If Bliz bans them good. Either way have fun in YOUR OWN GAME…This is mainly a single player game with SOME online stuff to group up…

6 Likes

To answer your question: yes it is.

It has to do with the attitude of the company towards the people that cheat and exploit. My time is important (i.e. have other games to play) and i don’t want to spend it in a game that allows such practices. Although it does not affect my playing experience it does affect the trust that i have in the devs and company.

Give it time, grow up and you will eventually get it. No one likes cheaters and the people that cover for them.

9 Likes

If only we got a proper banwave, getting rid of exploiters and 3 party program users

3 Likes

go cheat in single player then, or stop crying about people asking for bot bans.

6 Likes

This would be the same as you saying you lose trust in a company that lets you put in cheat codes in a single player game… really ?

If its NOT affecting YOU then I still cant seem to make the leap as to how that affects you and thus your trust in Bliz. Please explain to me Id like to understand your thinking better. Its really NOT a normal “online multiplayer cheat”, its really just doing more of the same to the ladder that “bots” do year after year. This game is in “maintenance mode” so sure while itd be great to have bliz have a full time team non stop working on the game it just isnt doing that sadly but then again the game is what 9+ years old so give them time and not expect the devs to jump out of their chairs instantly on a proble that affects NO ONE but the smaller amount of players, including me, that like leaderboards in general but I accept that they are broke and Bliz wont put energy into fixing them. Find Joy in your game time instead of finding a reason to be upset at something.

Even if they ban wave all these cheaters will do is buy another account. Bliz needs to do more but they wont to fix the issue.

Why are you defending exploiters? You claim it doesn’t affect others but it very clearly does. The leaderboards exist and are a big part of this game, when the top spots are all taken by cheaters, that very obviously affects everyone playing the game, how dense are you?

7 Likes

Im NOT defending them. I even said if Bliz bans them good, I’m just tired of seeing people cry just to cry with out much thought and a bunch of the same topics.

What I am arguing is this super outrage from people that are NOT affected by it in what pretty much is a single player game. AGAIN Im sure in time bliz will end up banning them but till then there really isnt a reason to be this upset over this. They know about it and have known about it. A post wont make them do anything faster because its the same old stuff thats been happening for years. I trust they will take care of it in due time.

Its NOT a big part of the game. its just a part of the game sure but its that important that you get this heated over it. Like i said I like LB too but I also dont only play for that. They didnt fix ladder with a FULL TEAM of devs back in the day and they sure as hell wont do it now again sadly.

1 Like

I don’t consider the leaderboards as ANY part of the game because I solo almost exclusively. I don’t even know how to call up the leaderboards because I DON’T CARE who has bragging rights or how they got them. So, no, cheaters and botters don’t affect “everyone” least of all me. And I save my “trust issues” for things that really count IRL. Guess that makes me super dense. LMAO

3 Likes

We are talking about Blizzard. A multi billion dollar company. A company of this magnitude, producer of AAA games, has to have high quality standards and deliver high quality products. This is something that has to be expected as default from their games.

For me it is disappointing - on a personal level - that things get out of hand and still no actions are being taken. It affect me because i have expectations from them to keep their games “clean”, friendly, equal for all players to achieve certain goals (i.e. top the leaderboards if that is their final goal).

These exploiters even streamed on Twitch Gr149’s in under 1 minute and still nothing has been done. Every day new sub 1 minute GR150 clears appear on the leaderboards.

Now tell me: what does that say about the way they manage their own game and us a community ?

6 Likes

Thank you for that. I see where you are coming from better now. What you say is true but sadly as a huge company thats there to make money first, they wont spend but the smallest they can to keep an older game like D3 going. Here is hoping that they can do better in D4 for us and maybe have a better system in place so this stuff doesnt happen. On the bright side. A blue posted in the germen forums about the exploit. At least its something for now.

1 Like

So, because you’re not personally affected, the people who do compete for leaderboard spots shouldn’t be concerned about whether the competition’s fair or not or whether people taking advantage of an exploit are destroying said competition?

6 Likes

Why are we even speaking about “competition” when blizzard doesn’t do anything against hacks, cheats or bots?.
I’m not agree of using bugs, hacks or cheats to take advantage of the game, people should be banned for that. But it’s dissapointing how blizzard from this last 2 years, they dont care about it anymore. Twitch for example it’s full of people that use 3rd assist programs (and even botting of-stream).

2 Likes

Well said. Just because I also don’t personally care about leaderboards doesn’t mean I’m willing to ignore any violation of integrity of the competition. There are those who do want to compete and to do it legit, for their sake I want Blizzard to get off its backside and start to properly uphold the rules and regulations they themselves have set.

6 Likes