Raise Torment Difficulty to 20

You rerolled a single item 2500 times? I’m dubious. But yeah, 2500 is not really much, I’m at 18k now and I ignore any that drops unless it’s also a legendary I’m gonna pick up there.

I didn’t say I rerolled a single item. Between all items I crafted. I don’t settle for 18% cold damage… I go for 20 unless I literally run out of mats.

I’m betting you upgraded quite a few yellows to legendary. That’s the only real DB sink.

I used a few to get Smoldering Core but not that many. Other seasons, that’s a different story. I’ve run out of DBs and gems trying to get better stats on jewelry… rings mostly and I still didn’t even get that done. Spent my last 200 DBs and only got 44/50 crit damage.

Obviously, the devs don’t.

The argument has been the same since the very beginning: hardcore.
If they kept only T6 or T10 and rescaled the difficulties, hardcore players would have a harder time progressing.
I’m not saying I agree, but people have always mentioned this and the fact that we have T16 today indicates that the devs agree with it.

1 Like

… or they are just lazy or don’t care for D3 anymore! :man_shrugging:t5:

I don’t know about that, but it’s more likely that they woud add 4 more torment levels instead of rescaling the current ones.

If they’re going to do that… I guess go right ahead. I’ll enjoy only having to farm like 5-10 caches to get Avarice.

I would like to see only a single “Torment” difficulty where you would have a field to input a number from 1 to 150.
Public games would also have a selection where you would choose a number from 1 to 150 and be paired with other games within ±5 levels from what you chose

But man… we’d lose that sweet artwork in the difficulty selection screen.

1 Like

This is a horrible argument for -

This, btw.

T16 works just fine. The reason T13 and T10 did not work is because as the game developed it actually started to become horridly inefficient to run on such low difficulty for builds that were able to do GR100+ and most farming sets able to do GR90+.

The difference between GR 40-50 was tremendous to GR70-75. If we get to a point where every set and every build can easily do GR130+ and farming builds with movement speed items instead of toughness or damage can do GR110+ then once again we’ll have a problem. But we still haven’t seen 100% of set/builds there yet, because they’ve been tuning sets to a cap now which they weren’t in the past; the power just kept going up.

Okay fine though, the standard for speed GR’s has changed, it’s no longer GR90’s solo that actually starts to lose efficiency vs GR 100’s. Thus GR100 as top rifting difficulty would probably be desirable.

T17 - GR80
T18 - GR85
T19 - GR90
T20 - GR95 (almost equal to GR100 in GRs)

It might be time. One more round of under performing set buffs would probably make it time. This would seriously be the last needed one.

Need at least Torment 40.

Heck, a GR should be 1:1 with Torment. That way, if you can actually run GR150, you’re pretty f’n amazing or the build is beyond OP.

T40 would probably be 1 cache = avarice

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. Having different materials drop in different gameplay modes encourages variety and prolongs engagement. Having a mode with pathetically low xp discourages it. It turns what should be a change of pace into a hated chore.

i just want to more torments because i just want to farm materials even faster…

Remove ALL stupid “Torment” levels.
Choose game difficulty 1-150.
Remove all goofy bountys. Remove all GR key runs.
Pick a level 1-150.

4 Likes

This. This right here is the prime example of why it should not be done.

After all, can’t have anyone grinding for anything in the game anymore can we?

/sarcasm

Rifts aren’t endgame, they are there as a gateway to the endgame which are Greater Rifts. Increasing to T20 will do nothing other than have people either do bounties less or less rifts so they can get to GRs quicker. I think when you say “too easy” that is because you need to be doing GR content which is a challenge, then the game becomes hard. We have been blasting some GR117 on our scuff Para 600-1000 toons and that is awesome fun, especially on HC, many edge of your seat moments.

Was referring more to the items than DBs. Like how you don’t pick up all yellows and legandaries later on. But I don’t craft/reforge that much so I could be wrong about how common it is for people to leave them, I have seen it being said but could be a rare thing.

OK but that is the case currently though? We have the different materials from activities for variety.

I don’t see a difference in rifts and other T16 content giving crap XP and GR’s giving no materials and gold (not that significant I mean). Yeah we want significant XP and I am not saying it will be bad for the game but having an activity being lacking in one aspect doesn’t make it bad.

That depends on the aspect. XP is designed to be a significant reward in all modes of gameplay. If not it wouldn’t exist in all modes. The XP cap at T16 diminishes it. Conversely greater rifts being the only way to level legendary gems isn’t a problem.

2 Likes