Raise Torment Difficulty to 20

“Bruuuuuuh the game is tooo ezy, make more difficult levels” - said the player that is stuck in GR 120…

Plz, first clear GR 150 under 5 min while watching sports bloopers before requesting increase the “torment”.

The game is divided in three steps:

1 - Level up (1 - 70)
2 - Gear up (Torments + Bounties + Nephalem Rifts)
3 - Push up (Greater Rifts)

3 Likes

Would T20 be equal to GR120?

Maybe… maybe not… people would start claiming for “it is too ezy… make torment 30” and the cry cycle repeats

I was just looking at it from the perspective of “the game is too hard” when you’re trying to do GR120+ but I would think T20 would be like… GR95-ish? If so, that’s a lot more manageable, in my opinion.

Then again, it’s one of those rabbit holes I wouldn’t want to fall down. I remember OG Diablo 3 that had 4 difficulties. The hardest was Inferno. People complained it was too hard but most of those people were just undergeared for it. It made more sense than having 20 difficulties we have now.

3 Likes

Exactly!

The issue isn’t the difficult level… is the itemization and lack of creativity on the End Game. Push the level ceiling don’t solve anything, just trivialize one content over the other.

Okay, how 'bout this…

Bounties have missions of “Kill such and such”…

Now, imagine that yellow mob rolling with Juggernaut, an affix that’s normally skipped the higher you go in Grifts because they take too long to kill. Or just “Kill Belial” who is cc immune".

So my point stands because either folks won’t do bounties because you’re forced to face elites that normally you would skip because they take too long or your running Bounties in lower difficulties which defeats the purpose of creating new difficulties anyway.

So yeah, I think I understand the thread.

1 Like

Correct. I get it… the game is free. Nobody is paying them to develop more “quality” content and raising the ceiling is just a simple bandaid solution.

If people want the crafting mats, they will still do the bounties. You can add all the affixes you want… they’ll still do them because of the increased drop rates per difficulty of bounty caches, making it more efficient than going down a difficulty.

It’s funny though, these threads always pop up around the time that DH’s Shadow set gets a buff because folks can’t keep their hatred up or have to change their builds too much for it to make sense.

I’m just saying, this issue is always brought up around the same time with the Shadow buff.

Not always. I believe it was already discussed some time ago in a thread about Solo vs Group play - Bounties are about efficiency.

E.g. If we can complete a T20 bounty for 40 mats in 5 minutes, but can complete two T16 bounties for 50 mats in 6 minutes… I would still doing T16 instead of T20. In a full hour of gameplay I would have more material doing T16 than doing T20.

Oh look, this topic again

If there was a troll emoji, I would put it here. 3 of them actually.

1 Like

Then they need to make a different build for bounties specifically. I know I do for my Wizard and for my Monk. Bounties and pushing have different needs.

Somebody would have to come up with some actual testing data to show a lower difficulty is more efficient. The only reason I can ever see doing a lower difficulty is because you cannot kill anything on higher, so it makes sense. My Monk and Wizard can breeze through T100 like it’s nothing. If T20 was like GR95, it would be no different. If the rewards from the caches scale adequately… If you give 1 more for much more effort, nobody is going to do that.

EDIT: Other side of that coin, you have to be careful as you could get to the point where you run bounties once on T20 and you’d get basically all the mats a normal person would need. That or clearing all 5 acts gives enough gold itself for Avarice… making the conquest a non-issue.

If not mistaken, as said before, someone already did that kind of math… but, using Solo vs Group play. Just change the scenery for T16 vs T20 and we are in the same kind of discussion.

My point is, people want more “difficult levels” to gain Exp + Materials + Loot + Gear fast.
However the game is divided to reward different “resources” in various activities inducing us to do all of them.

Bounties = crafting materials and caches with Unique itens (i.e. RORG)
Nephalem Rifts = Gold, Gearing and Keys
Greater Rifts = Exp, Gearing and Augmenting Gems (now we have EN because people got bored to run 30000 GR to aug one Gem)

Edit: for materials we already even have the weekly Challenge Dungeon

I think they did but theorycraft math and actual played data do not always equate. In my profession, I deal with a lot of Lean professionals who present graphs of math they calculated to prove their ideas work but when you audit them actually being implemented, the results are surprisingly different due to many unaccounted-for factors.

Balance things around lower difficulty levels. Continuously raising the ceiling and then changing our 6pc bonuses from 5000% to 15000% to 30000%, etc is an illusion.

2 Likes

I agree with you!
I hardly disagree with the OP.

1 Like

You can farm gear and materials fast if you change your equipment from slow moving push build to high mobility speedfarm builds. There are tons of guides out there. This ensured build diversity, while you’re all talking about promoting the use of push builds only by increasing farm difficulty. There’s a reason why its scale haven’t changed for years; different builds are capable to adapt the efficient farming methods with some drawbacks. Emphasis on drawbacks.

They ain’t gonna increase the scale up without a huge overall buff to Set multipliers. When they increase the difficulty scale without touching Set multipliers, people will complain that it takes too long to farm which they will demand a buff.
If you go with “No they won’t!”; you don’t know that. You don’t know people, you don’t know anything about statistics that developers have either. Every build so far, settled down on their effort/reward stakes or capable of soloing GR140-150 at high paragons.

Would they push the power creep further without any notion, or expect people to at least adapt without being lazy for preserving build diversity? I’d go with latter. They wouldn’t trivialize the challenge by buffing the Sets, nor they would up the rewards as nothing justifies that so far. If player stops being lazy or read some guides, they resolve it by themselves. This is why developers don’t take any action as they already gave you tools to get over obstacles.

This subject has been discussed to no end. At this point it’s like beating a dead horse. This whole thread is made for baiting people in and nothing else. Even developers went ahead and gave you Armory feature out of the blue and added emanating item slots to three Followers so you’d take a hint but I guess this won’t happen.

You can dedicate one of the Followers for speedfarming only and get a speedfarm setup on your Armory. When you need to run a Nephalem Rift or Bounties, you can tag that Follower along and swap to your speedfarm build from Armory.
Equip one of your Follower with utility and crowd control gear to clear faster. It’s not hard, as nobody will name and shame you because you didn’t use Unity, Gloves of Worship or Oculua on one of your Followers.

If you are using your push build to farm, you shouldn’t cry about not having enough efficiency at speedfarms as you lack utility and mobility at those setups. There are tons of guides outside, reading them would solve the issue. Instead of complaining that your GR120+ push build with rank 125 augs, can’t maintain their resources at T16 because stuff dies too fast, you could swap the setup and get the benefits.

End of the line is that developers like the build diversity and player having to change variables to be more efficient; by sacrificing their damage and adapt to mobility to clear effectively. Speedfarming content supposed to stay as speedfarming content, if you want challenge, you also have Greater Rifts which you can play any time.

OK I get that. But I don’t think it makes sense. Those parts of the game aren’t “not worth looking at”. Bounties are for mats, rifts are for keys and gold (and salvage mats), EN’s are for augments, Vaults are gold/gems/mats n stuff.

Is it really that bad if only one part of the game is the efficient place for XP? Even if that same part of the game is also the most efficient place to get gear for the most part. Also taking into account that the extra XP from higher levels won’t make much of a difference in vaults, none in ENs and also not that much for bounties. It is only rifts that will see a significant difference.

Now I am not saying I would complain if this were to happen but in my opinion having to do 1 rift to get 4 XP rifts isn’t really a bad thing. Especially because I think having different builds for rifts and GRs is a good thing for the game. Yes it is a small difference but those few items you swap around and a skill here and there does make things feel a bit different.

That’s what I said. I have a lightning meteor build for farming bounties and rifts. I have a cold meteor build for grifts.

I always pick up DBs… There’s still some items you can only craft, and you need a TON of crafting material to make Primals of those items…

No crafting recipe requires deaths breaths though.

I believe what was implied was that even if you craft a primal, you still need the DBs to reroll any unnecessary stats for your build. I’ve been in this boat several times. I even ran out of DBs the other day and having 2500, I really didn’t think that would have happened.