Quin69 Feedback video

I agree with most of this video. The one thing that needs to ring through to the Devs is that complexity and depth are two different things. You can have deep character customization without having overarching complexity. The idea would be to LAYER customization rather than creating convoluted skill trees or whatever. Casual players can choose to stop at the first layer of customization, where as minmaxers could continue to hone their characters gear/items to a fine edge.

One direction I do not like is trying to tie all of the uniqueness of the build to Legendary items which effectively turns them into non-green sets. “Wear these 10 legendaries = you win”. The game should not like be like this. Having character power coming from 50% skill tree/talent tree and 50% coming from gear would allow casual players to play content. Minmaxers could continue to increase the power of their gear and turn that 50% power to 75% power allowing them to traverse further into the end game.

I also agree that allowing players to make mistakes is super important for replayability. Paragon is the wrong approach to play forever. Make it so that players want to min max a certain type of playstyle then start over and do the same for a completely different playstyle. It is the true secret to the longevity that POE has had… not the overly complex game mechanics.

2 Likes

It’s those that lack integrity such as yourself that cause the whole problem that you so despise. The masses should not have their game experience regulated because some players are too lazy or entitled to utilize a trade system legitimately and succumb to temptation.

1 Like

Then just go play other MMOs
Diablo ain’t for that, thanks

he makes very good points.

However if there is no limit on trading and no penalties all you will do is trading instead of actually playing the game and that would sux too.
Maybe place a timer on trades, that for certain very rare items you get to trade those only once a week or something

I am really aggre with Quin69. He is so right about What is wrong about Diablo III and if implemented on Diablo IV, how bad can it will be. Please take these words serious Blizzard. Make us something great!

1 Like

The best way to combat botters is by distribution of loot that is all high quality and very little range of disparity, but very rare as they should be, that way, there’s no reason for botters to “bruteforce” ultra rare loot that is worth their time to bot, as there’s no demand, because everyone can get good loot by playing regularly. The only tier of item that should be BoA is Mythics, as they are a 1-slot item, so it’s justifiable that they are ultra rare and MUST be found by the player.

I go into detail about this in these two threads:
Please no more USELESS legendaries
Mythics should be the ONLY BoA

To answer your question… I think I never went beyond 900 paragon in any season.

That doesn’t sound like a good solution. Bot prevention should be considered when botting becomes a problem, especially if it starts cutting into game design and affecting gameplay. Blizzard has more technology and experience than ever to combat botting via anti-cheat software. New accounts can be trade restricted for x amount of time, mobile authentication could be required to trade, they can even start digging into machine-learning AI (if they haven’t already). There’s a lot that can be done which wasn’t possible back during the days of Diablo 2

I totally agree with your opinion i like the social aspect they are trying to introduce with D4 it should make it alot of fun!

(post deleted by author)

Your situation may limit you as it does for me. But feeling the need to cheat because you are unable or unwilling to utilize trade is jealousy and is definitely not a pillar in everyone’s nature.

Free trade systems do not have to be the cesspools of manipulation and exploitation that you paint them as. I have participated in such systems with little to none of which you speak occurring.

If someone commits more time and effort to the game the power of their character should be greater than others that don’t or can’t make such commitments.

I believe that those that wish to participate in legitimate trading should not have their experience degraded by people that cheat or people that just hate trading for whatever reason.

Should there be rules, of course. But any trade system that doesn’t allow the player to trade any item once is a complete failure to me.

Valuable life lessons taught by a video game.
Don’t download shady software (especially thinking about bots and hacks here) and don’t share your account. 99% of the time people who got scammed or hacked have no one to blame but themselves.

They could make the authenticator mandatory to confirm trades in D4 for additional safety though :woman_shrugging:

Despite all the great feedback from Quin69 and MrLlamaSC especially regarding itemization, I’m concerned that the D3 fanboys are going to ultimately ruin the game.

2 Likes

YEAAAAH…
Devs.always lisent us…
But we(community ) had a little guilty…
I still remember this…
When D3 celebraite 1y. after release…devs. decided for 1 week to increase leagendary drop a chance and when we notice that (how often drop ot)…we start shout (want) in both forums(US,EU)…to keep this drop a chance of legendarys.
Otherwise drop a chance was like D2,and they hear us and they did decide do NOT come back old vers. or % of drop a chance. :grinning:
And NOT everyone was kids like you mean!

Well… for sure… D3 fan boy woun’d D2 fan boys to ruin their future experience! It’s totally rational! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
Neither is wrong though…

this guy doesnt seem to be able to make coherent on point arguments. Its confusing and I dont like the occasional loudness peaks.

‘Regaurdless if you agree or dissagree’ lmao…

People are soft as baby **** in this thread just because of Diablo III… It’s ridiculous how going from one game to the next could really bring out the snowflakes… unreal.

What happened between 2001 and 2010? Did everyone just drink some kind of water that made them mentally unstable or something?

How is trading going to effect any of you casuals any way? None of you are going to be good enough to play PVP, you have to have a brain for that… everyone saying no to open trade = dumb as a bag of hammers.

You just don’t want to have to DEAL with reality that people will start an economy that you can’t keep up with because you’re too busy focusing on rotating 6 skills…

1 Like

no they did not. they tried to use RMT’s and gave their info out . that’s on them Lloyd. so many who claimed to be hacked were infact partaking in RMT’s such as boosting , buying gold and legendary.

i’d say pretty much this lol. the free trade brought a big boon to D3 and got removed we lost so many players…look at POE free trade and that game and the community are mostly you guessed it ex D2/D3 players. and is why that game is going strong.

However to other posters…paragon system worked good except for the fact that is was limited to the people who had no life to go get 2000+ paragon every season this is where it only did more harm then good was basing it off of who completes 100+ greaters that still so many don’t do because they don’t play the FOTM class.

however if blizzard stripped that and made the XP the same for everyone it might of been better. you might see more competing and less 1%ers and less botters on the leaderboards. but since blizzard did not do it that way it only bred some of the worst crap any game has.