Quick glance to see if someone is cheating

Everyone keeps mentioning Raxx, as far as I know he is currently playing a slightly different approach with solo self found and concentrating purely on paragon. This is an extreme edge case since of course solo bounties are not efficient and would take time away from grinding. I will not dispute that.

Having said that, no one here is Raxx. Every normal player knows that bounties are beneficial. The fact that the scope of the thread has shifted from “people are cheating to get lots of bounty materals and here is an indicator that can point to possible exploiters and abusers” to “primal items! We don’t need em!” For some course correction I would like to simply say that yes a perfectly rolled ancient is mostly as good as a primal with the right stats, due to RNG those ideally rolled ancients are still incredibly hard to get and in most cases for most players who want to get a better ring or amulet or quiver, they would almost always reforge because that is simply the best method if you have the materials. And people who are using bots to farm bounties for them on different accounts have plenty of materials.

No I am saying it is a waste of time to do bounties if you are doing them legit. Sure if you had a bot running for you that is optimal. You could just roll unlimited times. You need to realize that I may be the best geared ww barb on the planet so I know how to get good gear. I have one single piece of gear on my push set that came from bounties. How would you explain that? When you combine possible drops from every slot in grs and our ability to target specific slots thru kamala it makes bounties a complete joke. Not to mention we can target a specific slot by upgrading rares passively just from collecting mats we get from grs.

That’s true but you can decide to do them later into the season once you are already very optimized and just looking for 1-2 pieces to be perfect. Doing bounties early is not very efficient. Every time I pass 1.5 k paragons I find myself wearing correct ancients in every slot and then I just focus on a couple of items like weapons, offhands and most likely amulets which are hard to get as ancient and with good stats. This season in particular you don’t need that many reforges for weapons because of the ethereals.

Not everyone keeps mentioning raxx, you keep mentioning wudijo, so sounds samish.

No one here is Wudijo either.

Anyway, some people have cookies, most dont. Your title is pretty accurate: a quick glance. Its nothing more than a quick glance, it isnt fullproof by a long shot.

1 Like

If u check the previous video i send he clearly stated that farming bounties arent efficient including for group players. U lose alot of paragon if u spam bounties. And paragon is power.

Every low player believes that u must do bounties for good gears. U rly dont. The ppl who spam bounties early on are being inefficient. U can kadala for rings and amus, and by farming keys and grift u will have mats to upg rare if u wanna do that. Not that im saying alot of ppl bother with it as. GR > all. Town is lava.
U gain more power by spamming GR. My DH is sitting on 5 primals on 1 build, and i even have several copies of the same items and other useful primals for pushing. And i have 5 chars. I havnt used any bounty material at all for my DH and im only 3k paragon atm. A player at 5k+ paragon will have alot more.

Obv they do but doesnt mean that ppl who have low amount of bounties are cheaters. Cause u simply dont need to do bounties to get high paragon or good gears.

1 Like

You appear to have forgotten to say how though. There’s a surprise.

Oh, no, a person that claims to have a Master’s degree in Mathematics is criticising my maths? Again, you didn’t actually say what was wrong, just claimed something without evidence, as usual. Perhaps we should have a comparison between your claimed maths ability, and your actual maths ability? I’d refer you back to…

Why should I accept criticism of my maths from someone that can’t even do simple multiplication when they don’t even say what the criticism is?

This. Having others farm bounties/keys is to account sharing what running bounty accounts is to botting. Since both are illegit activities, those streamers cannot be considered ‘legit’.

Boosting ppl is allowed. U still legit even if u got a friend who farm keys while u wait in town or if u get invited to grab free bounties.
They not breaking any rules when doing that

1 Like

You must have a stellar IQ to find evidence where there is none!

It is entirely possible in this game to avoid bounties all together and just farm Neph / Grifts, something I imagine quite a few will do, due to how ultra generic and boring they are to do!

1 Like

Kanai’s reforging isn’t good strategy for get primals. You have only 4.4 attempts for full T16 run. Better to fast the GR for some amount of legendaries.

I don’t claim to have a stellar IQ, more of a tokamak at best. This is just an interesting indicator that isn’t a guarantee someone is cheating, I am not accusing anyone directly but its really clear to most players that on the top end people are getting a ton of bot farmed bounties because its easy to cheat this way since there is a degree of separation from the bot account and theirs. I’ve watched streamers open their inventories for brief moments and you can see they have hundreds of bounty mats with very few actual bounties completed, some of them might have viewers do bounties for them and thats fine, they even show it on stream and thats part of the game. I have run so many act 2,3 and 4 runs that I give away in communities because my mats get mismatched from crafting. I am not coming after anyone but for the people who cheat their way to massive resources this could be a red flag or an indicator and I would find it interesting if blizzard simply added the “horodric chests opened” counter so we could make a ratio of how many bounties the player was there for and how many free caches they got.

1 Like

Why would they show such stat for the public? Not like u could do anything even if u find it suspicious. Only blizz can so leave it to them. Imo they should remove gametime etc aswell. Ppl just looking for something to complain about. It rly is enough if only blizz have that information.

I’d prefer if it was harder to cheat not easier thanks.

How is it easier or harder because you can look at a number. Even with a big discrepancy of 10 bounties done vs 10.000 caches opened. What can u do? You are no police judge executioner, all power lies at blizz. They could make a rework where you cant invite people when bounties are done, on the other hand that will hurt legit friends and clanmates who are nice to share

3 Likes

How would it be easier? U dont need the info. Only blizzard does. The information only make ppl accuse players for cheating without providing any actual proof. Blizzard have the numbers and they have a hackteam which investigate. U dont need to tell them who u find suspicious based on information they clearly have alrdy. Thats their job not yours. Obv u can report if u think u have proof which they lacking but pointing out things they alrdy know is just silly.

1 Like

What I dont like is when certain people on this forum randomly pick what they find suspicious then post about it without actually thinking about it first. Why would someone with a high bounty count sound legit? In fact it’s the complet
Opposite. Thats a bounty bot. Cmon man!!!
How many different thresholds of paragon do we decide to classify someone as botting? Is 5k or 6k or 6017k don’t just pick a random number. Someone with 12 paragon could be botting. Or he has all primal gear he must be botting. That’s one I have personally been told. No let’s actually look at my hours played and realized I have years just on barb.

Let’s not throw darts randomly at a wall and just decide to go with whatever color it lands on.

1 Like

Legit? Why was he banned for botting, using bounty bots and sneaking in basic turbohud? Hahahha

2 Likes

As far as i know he got banned for th, and abusing a exploit and he was doing it on stream. Him botting were only rumours from ppl who believed u cant reach high paragon without bots. Obv we wont know as it happened years ago.

Just for comparison’s sake with this mythical bounty count to determine is someone is cheating.

I’ve 4 useable primals in my GoD set.

Frostburn- Dex, crit chance, crit dam, area dam.
GoD pants- Dex, all res, HA dam.
Depth Diggers (so I can switch in Mantle of Channeling over Frostburn by putting it in the cube and using my Dex 964 Crit Dam 49% Crit Chance 10% Area Dam 10% GoD gloves) Dex all Resist, HA Dam.
And Finally Ninth Cirri Satchel.

That last one I got just the other day by doing only 602nd bounty. All the rest are from Doing Greater Rifts and Rifts for keys.

602 bounties and 4 useable primals. So much for running 1000’s to get any kind of good build together.

Sheesh!