QOL: Since were asking to make the game easier

Ive been playing some SP (Plugy) as a dry run for D2R, and I really like the ability to lock in a map, and keep the path you took revealed game after game until you reset it.
Its been really great doing Andy or Meph runs and not having to teleport around looking for those damn entrances over and over… Sure I have a good idea where they are based on experience and there are only so many maps, but common, make it easier for me on battle.net since its already a feature on single player!

QOL!!!

2 Likes

No

Post must be at least 20 characters.

10 Likes

Actually, as a longtime single player…I’m not in love with the static map, efficient as it may be for Andy & Mephisto.

There was a theory, I read this back in 2004 or so, that said that the rng calculations were done based on the “map seed” number, but unless you swap difficulties, that number never changes, and what that means is that certain items may drop more than others, possibly affecting rune drops, etc.

As I recall, players used to do “rack runs”, where they’d reroll the map until a certain rack dropped a specific item, then you’d stay on that map hoping the rack would eventually drop the set or unique.

I don’t know if that theory has any merit or not, but in my very small sample size, drops do seem to be better online than offline. But whether or not that is by design or due to map seeding, I don’t know.

This is a single player thing, it should not be part of b-net. One of the good things about the game is the variable map. It keeps it interesting, challenging etc.

Imagine what hell baal runs would be if it was always the same map. Any little bit of danger the teleporter would have it out the window, they always know where to click, where is dangerous and where is safe…It’s like having maphack!

3 Likes

I don’t think this was a serious thread, let’s not keep bumping it.
Lots of troll threads lately, I hope alpha is soon.

3 Likes

Agreed, terrible idea.

1 Like

Nah. Keep the maps the way they are. Although some may not realize it yet, having the entrances and exits in pseudo-random locations for every new game makes the game more fun and rewarding. I don’t know how many times I’ve gotten a nice drop from a monster that was down the wrong path. The fog of war is useful to see where you haven’t explored. (popping chests in Durance 2 for example)

4 Likes

There is a difference between asking something to be more easy, vs something to be more convenient.
No one wants game to be more easy, just more convenient like not having to click on every little piece of gold to pick it up.

1 Like

Convenience is a QOL adjustment which makes the game easier!
Muling was a pain as well to do, takes awhile, now we have shared stash so that will make it much much more convenient!

Im asking for the same thing! :smiley:

In video gaming history the single greatest let down was not having instanced loot due to limitations of technology if only David Brevik could have had this in his game oh what could have been undo the wrongs of the past and give us a true d2R

This thread is a troll because the purist can’t handle the divine truth

Nah Im not trolling, I legitimately want this!
Not having a map revealed that you already revealed beating the quest is only promoting a toxic environment, its going to drive people to map-hack and thats a gateway to bots and dupes.
David Brevik clearly wanted this since he put it in Single Player but battlenet restrictions of the time did not allow it to be implemented online.

1 Like

Make andy and meph spawn in front of the gate to the blood moor for this guy so he doesnt have to spend all tha tedious time teleporting.

QOL!!!

1 Like

Love it! Please nerf quill rats while we are at it, I dont need those little things getting in the way, those needles they fire do way too much damage

QOL should make games intuitive.
It shouldn’t effect the challenge.

2 Likes

The entire map should be revealed because it’s going to save Blizzard a lot of time flagging accounts for using a map hack… because let’s face it, once someone publishes one that bypasses security and can’t be detected, everyone and their grandmother is going to use it.

I never really felt I needed maphack, chaos was just so good for loot in 1.13/4 that I rarely ran Baal.

Edit : I guess it woulda been helpful for rushing.

The best thing about maphack was showing ilvl of items. I hope d2r has this.

One of the main things people refer to as making D2 good was the random levels so every time you came back you got to do something ‘different’. This is as opposed to D3 which is always the same, contributing to D3’s ‘lower re-playabilty.’

So why not just incorporate map hack into D2R, I mean everyone ran it anyways…While your at it, give all the HC players Chicken too.

sounds like a good change. only “pUrIsTs” would be against this.

add Item lvl on charms
and remove keys

Horrible idea . Maps should change that way people can’t do the exact thing your saying. All the good things in life take time.